1.5.5 PC Performance Survey -- Please help us out!

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Hey everyone,

Hope you are doing well and enjoying Stardew Valley.
After the recent 1.5.5 patch, there have been some scattered reports of framerate or performance issues (the game is running slowly, lagging, hitching, etc.). The exact cause of these issues remains unknown, so I am turning to you, the players, for help.

I would like to gather as much data as I can about the nature of these issues, and see whether a pattern emerges which might point to a cause.

Would you be willing to answer a short questionnaire about your experience with 1.5.5 on PC so far? Whether you are experiencing issues or not, it would be helpful to get your response.

If so, please use this template:

Only share as much as you are comfortable/willing to share.
Code:
1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up. (See note 1 below)

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced. (See note 2 below)

3) If you answered yes to 2, did the issues only appear after the 1.5.5 patch, or were they present before?

4) Are you playing with mods? If so, which mods?

5) Before the 1.5.5 patch came out, when was the last time you played Stardew Valley?

6) If you are experiencing performance issues, please try the troubleshooting steps below. Did any of them help?
note 1: For example, what operating system are you using? Do you have multiple monitors? What resolution are they (or even better, what exact model)? What refresh rate are you using on your monitors? What graphics card do you have? Do you have both an integrated graphics chip and a dedicated graphics card? The more info you can give, the better.
If you can, type "/printdiag" while in-game, screenshot the results, crop to just the printout, and include that in your response.
note 2: "Performance Issues" means stuttering, lagging, low frame rate, "micro-stuttering", memory issues, or any other situation where the game is not "buttery smooth". Crashes (where the game suddenly closes) are not the purpose of this survey. Please describe exactly the scenario and context in which you encountered the performance issue. Make sure to mention whether it was in single player or multiplayer, and if multiplayer, whether you were the host, or just a farmhand. The more detail, the better!

Troubleshooting steps:
1) Try toggling V-Sync (in-game options menu / Graphics). Try with both V-Sync "on" and "off" and see if there is any change.
2) Try playing at zoom level 100 (Default zoom)
3) Try playing in "Fullscreen" mode (you might have to switch to "Windowed" mode first). If your display resolution is high (e.g. > 1080p), try selecting a lower resolution (something like 1920 x 1080).
4) If none of the above helps, try switching to the "compatibility" branch on Steam (right click Stardew Valley in library > Properties > Betas > select "Compatibility" from drop down menu)

If you have anything else to add, please feel free.
Thank you in advance to everyone willing to participate in this, your help is much appreciated!

-Ape

Please note, this thread is not intended for crash reports. If you have a crash report, please start a new thread or chime in on an existing thread for the specific crash. Thank you!

Last edited:

lakerolyvia

Greenhorn
Hi, I am playing on a 2019 MacBook Air with macOS Monterey Version 12.0.1. I had rarely ever had Stardew Valley crash, but today it has now crashed about 10 times trying to play co-op with my sister. I am not playing with any mods and the last time I played prior was earlier today it was working just fine. I do not have multiple monitors. My sister is trying to play on the single-player and it keeps crashing for her after being on Stardew Valley very briefly.

I hope that this helps.

BlaDe

Farmer
1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up. (See note 1 below)
3 monitors
Primary monitor 1920 x 1080
Secondary monitor 1920 x 1080
Tertiery monitor... Will update

Will update with hardware and configuration.

2) Have you experienced any performance issues while playing Stardew Valley? Please describe exactly what you've experienced. (See note 2 below)

After sleeping a few days straight in a speedrun, Stardew crashed striaght to desktop. I reverted to 1.5.4 after that. No mods. Didn't attempt to recreate, will edit.

After demonstrating a new mod on 1.5.5, i opened an instance of 1.4.0. When launching, windows complained about a missing graphics device. When i closed 1.5.5, 1.4.0 opened successfully.

When clicking off to another program, Stardew almost always flashes black and everything freezes temporarily. The display capture from Steeamlabs is lost temporarily. The same happens when I click back into Stardew.

Dragging other windows over top of Stardew doesnt always work (Stardew stays in front).

3) If you answered yes to 2, did the issues only appear after the 1.5.5 patch, or were they present before?
Haven't crashed like that before. All display issues are new.

No.

5) Before the 1.5.5 patch came out, when was the last time you played Stardew Valley?
Weekly

6) If you are experiencing performance issues, please try the troubleshooting steps below. Did any of them help?
Will update.

bluemonkey

Newcomer
Hi,

love your game btw.

im using win 7 and dedicated gpu ( 750 ti ). before, the game runs perfectly and smoothly, no issue on performance. but today, i cant even launch the game from steam, the start button goes running and back to "start" again. nothing happened. but i can launch the game if i change the compability legacy to 32 bits ( i never done this before in previous patch ) but that not a solution i think.

2 days ago i still playing the game perfectly.

thanks, i hope you can fix the problem

LaLisaFarm

Newcomer
Hi, I am playing single-player without mods, on a PC (Acer laptop). I got the update and the game crashed twice in the same spot - loading a geode into the geode crusher. I've attached the errorlog here. I haven't tried not loading the geode yet :) Thank you!

Edit: I was playing earlier this afternoon and did not crash - I love this game and have been playing daily since I got it.

Glowstone

Greenhorn
Our family plays co-op with Windows and Mac versions - we load via GOG Galaxy. We've been playing nightly with no issues, but just tonight the Mac version kept crashing on both single and co-op LAN games.

Code:
2018 Mac mini on Big Sur 11.6
1638926103903.png

Monitor is TCL 43S435 - resolution at 3840x2160

Only one monitor

Main issue was crashing. Both single and multiplayer games (as host) would start fine, and play for a few minutes then crash. Crash log attached - they all looked similar and mention
"crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread"

It only happened tonight, so whatever version was auto-updated via GOG Galaxy tonight (some build number of 1.5.5.x just updated tonight, not sure what it was before)

No mods

We are brand new so didn't really play before 1.5.5 (we had been waiting for the controller fix on Mac - which now works great)

1) Try toggling V-Sync (in-game options menu / Graphics). Try with both V-Sync "on" and "off" and see if there is any change. It was crashing with V-Sync on, so I disable V-sync and it still crashed. Even if I quit Stardew before it crashes, when I re-open Stardew it doesn't save the V-Sync preference (it defaults back to on).
2) Try playing at zoom level 100 (Default zoom) - no change
3) Try playing in "Fullscreen" mode (you might have to switch to "Windowed" mode first). - changed to full screen and the frame rate dropped a ton, and then the game crashed anyway.

Attachments

Last edited:
I was playing just fine earlier today, and now it keeps crashing within a minute of waking up. I'll open the mailbox, and then start harvesting some crops and then it will crash. Here is the most recent error log:

Message: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.set_Volume(Single value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffectInstance.cs:line 75
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue._UpdateSoundParameters() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 674
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.UpdateRpcCurves() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 661
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.Update(Single dt) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 591
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine.Update() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\AudioEngine.cs:line 283
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4901
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3949
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1067
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 175

Game Version: 1.5.5
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: spring 16 Y1 Time of Day: 610
Game Location: Farm

Glowstone

Greenhorn
Our family plays co-op with Windows and Mac versions - we load via GOG Galaxy. We've been playing nightly with no issues, but just tonight the Mac version kept crashing on both single and co-op LAN games.
Well the same version just crashed on my wife's Windows PC as well, same game version:

1638927266123.png

Windows 10
Monitor is TCL 43S435 - resolution at 3840x2160
Only one monitor
NVIDIA RTX 1080

Single player game just crashed. Error log attached

It only happened tonight, so the version that was auto-updated via GOG Galaxy tonight: 1.5.5.1860476220

No mods

We are brand new so didn't really play before 1.5.5

I will report back

Attachments

Last edited:

Rampage

Greenhorn
Hello there, my game never crashed previously but now does so constantly a few seconds after I leave my house. I don't notice much suspicious other than maybe some animals walking out of their coop/barn and overlapping (the head of the animal visible toggles rapidly). Any whom, @ConcernedApe I believe you show check the log I'm getting in my event viewer, there are 2 entries but the relevant one is the one I've pasted into ".NET Runetime.txt" I can go list the specs of my machine, but I am not really concerned about that aspect at the moment.

Ah the person 2 messages ago (skullandcrossbones19) posted the same issue! This chunk:

Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.set_Volume(Single value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffectInstance.cs:line 75

I'll go play with my volume options in-game to see if I can prevent the crash, tried sleeping to skip days but it didn't help.

Thanks and good luck solving this issue

Attachments

maurodelnook

Newcomer
1) Please give as much detail as you can about your hardware set up.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Graphic Card: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 6GB GDDR6
Ram: 16GB DDR4 2933MHz
OP: Windows 10

Crash when starting my savefile inside the farm. I start moving a little bit and game crashes.
No
No
10 days ago.
No one did help.

Thanks in advance.

Rampage

Greenhorn
For anyone else constantly crashing, I've just muted every single sound in-game (sound bars to 0, disabled dialogue typing sound, muted animal sounds, etc.) and it seems to do the trick. Likely don't actually need to mute everything, but I can't be bothered to find the exact volume option causing the crash at the moment.

Hope this helps

MickisNick

Newcomer
Windows, 2 monitors, 3060ti and ryzen 5 5600x. 16gb 3200 ram

Ever since the most recent update, my game crashes every time I play (I am trying to go though skull caverns on a very happy luck day but my game always crashes before the end of the day). Before this update, my game never crashed or had any issues.

Not present before, only after 1.5.5

No mods

I started playing around 2 months ago, and played often since then.

Changing from full screen to windowed/windowed boarder less didn't help.
I read above that turning off all sound could help, I did this and was able to get through a full day instead of crashing half way. This might be a temporary fix but I love playing with sound (amazing soundtrack!)

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.set_Volume(Single value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\SoundEffectInstance.cs:line 75
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue._UpdateSoundParameters() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 674
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.UpdateRpcCurves() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 661
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.Update(Single dt) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\Cue.cs:line 591
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine.Update() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Audio\Xact\AudioEngine.cs:line 283
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4901
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3949
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1067
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 175

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: fall 14 Y2 Time of Day: 850
Game Location: UndergroundMine140

Last edited:
See spoiler at bottom of post.

Not really. On rare occasions; a slight, momentary lag when exiting the farmhouse. As if it's still loading up on first startup.
Playing in Singleplayer, and Windowed mode.
Overall though, gameplay is pretty smooth.

No, it's happened in previous versions as well. I just figured it was an issue with my own system.

I have separate installation folders of SDV for mods. So, this report is for a completely unmodded Stardew Valley.

Before the v1.5.5 beta, I had been playing pretty consistently on v1.5.4.

Not really applicable; since it's such a rare issue for me. But, I gave the following a try.

Turning off VSync makes things worse. It ends up causing framerate stutters.
Zoom level was already at 100%.
Changing between Windowed/Fullscreen/Windowed Borderless; didn't seem to have any effect.

===================================================

Generated via Steam:
"Help -> System Information"

Code:
==========================================================================
System Information:
-----------------------------------------------
Computer Information:
    Manufacturer:  Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    Model:  GA-990XA-UD3
    Form Factor: Desktop
    No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
    CPU Vendor:  AuthenticAMD
    CPU Brand:  AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1035T Processor
    CPU Family:  0x10
    CPU Model:  0xa
    CPU Stepping:  0x0
    CPU Type:  0x0
    Speed:  2600 Mhz
    6 logical processors
    6 physical processors
    HyperThreading:  Unsupported
    FCMOV:  Supported
    SSE2:  Supported
    SSE3:  Supported
    SSSE3:  Unsupported
    SSE4a:  Supported
    SSE41:  Unsupported
    SSE42:  Unsupported
    AES:  Unsupported
    AVX:  Unsupported
    AVX2:  Unsupported
    AVX512F:  Unsupported
    AVX512PF:  Unsupported
    AVX512ER:  Unsupported
    AVX512CD:  Unsupported
    AVX512VNNI:  Unsupported
    SHA:  Unsupported
    CMPXCHG16B:  Supported
    LAHF/SAHF:  Supported
    PrefetchW:  Unsupported

Operating System Version:
    Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS (64 bit)
    Kernel Name:  Linux
    Kernel Version:  4.15.0-52-generic
    X Server Vendor:  The X.Org Foundation
    X Server Release:  11906000
    X Window Manager:  Metacity (Marco)
    Steam Runtime Version:  steam-runtime_0.20211102.0

Video Card:
    Driver:  X.Org AMD CAYMAN (DRM 2.50.0 / 4.15.0-52-generic, LLVM 8.0.0)
    Driver Version:  4.3 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 19.1.2 - padoka PPA
    OpenGL Version: 4.3
    Desktop Color Depth: 24 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
    VendorID:  0x1002
    DeviceID:  0x6719
    Revision Not Detected
    Number of Monitors:  1
    Number of Logical Video Cards:  1
    Primary Display Resolution:  1920 x 1080
    Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Primary Display Size: 20.08" x 11.30" (23.03" diag)
                                            51.0cm x 28.7cm (58.5cm diag)
    Primary VRAM: 1024 MB

Sound card:
    Audio device: Realtek ALC889

Memory:
    RAM:  7974 MB

VR Hardware:
    VR Headset: None detected

Miscellaneous:
    UI Language:  English
    LANG:  en_US.UTF-8
    Total Hard Disk Space Available:  112515 MB
    Largest Free Hard Disk Block:  23178 MB

Storage:
    Number of SSDs: 0
    Number of HDDs: 0

phishtank

Greenhorn
I've turned all sound settings to 0, disabled animal sounds and turned of the dialogue typing sounds and it's no longer crashing.

Before then, exiting my house and my farm animals coming out and making noise would crash me

Turned animal noises off, picked something up and the sound effect for picking up an egg crashed me.

Definitely audio related.

magma83

Newcomer
1) I am using my Surface Pro 3 that has Windows 10. Display scale and resolution are set up recommended 200%, and 2736x1824, respectively.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on: ‎12/‎13/‎2020
OS build 19043.1348

2) Yes, I am having an issue that it crashes right after the ConcernedApe logo before I could try anything. I can't even start a new game or load my saved games. If I get lucky, it sometimes let me load my games, but soon it crashes as well. I have attached error logs for those two cases.

3) I didn't have any issues before today. The issue has started today (around 8 pm EST). Therefore, it seems mainly due to the 1.5.5. update.

4) No, I don't play any mod.

5) I have played Stardew Valley every day and didn't experience any issues until today (Dec 7, 2021).

6) I can't even get to the menu page. I attached my error log files.

Attachments

Taeia

Newcomer
I'm getting the same audio error even after the hotfix. This happens whenever I pick up an item or fight something. I generated two different error logs for Ape.

Windows 10
GPU: GeForce GTX 950M/PCIe/SSE2
4k monitor on laptop
Play at 1920x1080 resolution

There are slight stutterings when I am walking, swinging sword and fishing. When I have encountered the sound effect you should get when a creature is hit with a sword or picking something up, the game crashes with the below error log.

This only appeared with this patch. I had started the game on the 1.5.4 patch.

4) Are you playing with mods? If so, which mods? No mods

3 or 4 weeks ago. Patch 1.5.4

They did not, I was experiecing this before. I like playing with sound effects so I'm not going to turn them off.

Attachments

emmanuell2025

Newcomer
  • Windows 11
  • 2 Monitors
  • 1920x1080 60Hz for both
  • Nvidia GTX 1060 only (No Integrated Graphics)
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
  • Stuttering
  • Crashes about 1 minute after loading into the game
  • Crashes if I click during the initial loading (before main menu)
  • Appeared after today's patch
  • No Mods
  • Yesterday
  • Closing the game
  • Turning off V-Sync
  • Toggling between windowed and fullscreen mode

Attachments

Raleglahef

Newcomer
Hello! Hope you are having a great day.

1) I play on PC - Windows 10. I use two monitors, I'm not sure exactly what resolution each of them is, but they work well enough that I never have any frame or lag problems.
2) While playing my game today (12/7), I entered my farmhouse and pet an animal, only to have my game crash less than a second afterward. I then continued to restart my PC, and try again. This time my game crashed immediately. I proceeded to try this a few more times, and a mixture of the two happened. I also tried running steam as an admin. The thing is, I played my game yesterday and I didn't experience any issues.
3) No
4) No
5) I don't remember
6) None fixed the problem.
Hope this helps

I just want to say, thank you for creating this amazing game. I can't express how many great experiences I have had playing stardew valley :D

CloudNine

Greenhorn
1) Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (4.4.8). Linux Kernel 5.3.0-62-generic. Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core x6; Memory: 31.4GB; HD: 980.8GB SSD; GPU: NVIDIA Device 2184

2) Getting system crash whenever I would step outside the farm in the morning, when one of my ducks would first let out a "quack"

3) Just appeared in 1.5.5

4) No mods / Vanilla

5) 2 days ago

6) Did not help

Crash dump:
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.set_Volume(Single value)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue._UpdateSoundParameters()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.UpdateRpcCurves()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.Update(Single dt)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine.Update()
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

GPU: GeForce GTX 1660/PCIe/SSE2
Playing on Controller
In-game Date: summer 19 Y3 Time of Day: 610
Game Location: Farm

toofymaw

Greenhorn

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020). I'm running MacOS Big Sur 11.4. I don't have anything plugged into the USB-C ports, no external hardware.

I have tried to play the game since updating today but it's crashed three times, once on the concernedape logo screen (right after I clicked your face lol) and twice in the middle of a game day in single player mode. I have been unable to complete a single game day since the update. The game performs fine, no visual stuttering or audio issues, and I can harvest crops / care for my animals / etc, but sometime in the in-game afternoon the game will crash.

For each crash, Apple has generated a problem report with a call stack leading up to the crash, it's really long so I'll attach it as a .txt file but here's a summary:

Code:
Crashed Thread:        0  MainThrd  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

Only after the 1.5.5 patch.

No.

Yesterday, 12/6/2021. I've never had SV crash on me.

I haven't tried any of these steps but I will try them and reply to this message.

Attachments