Windows [HELP] Can't launch the game

Cohibet

Newcomer
The game launched perfectly fine until one day it just stopped launching.
I've tried reinstalling the game, clearing the game data and I have tried everything that's written in the troubleshooting guide. That didn't help - the game still just doesn't launch. It stopped lauching a long time ago so I can't say what changes on my PC brought to this.
I don't have any mods and I have headphones. System is Windows 7.
Does anyone know some ways of fixing this problem?

There are some instances where you will need to use the compatibility version of the game. Please be aware that SMAPI/game mods are not compatible with this version.
On Steam: In your library, right-click Stardew Valley and select Properties... > Betas > then "compatibility" under the dropdown.
On GOG: From the game's page, click the settings icon > Manage installation > Configure... > then "compatibility" under the Beta channels dropdown.

SpicyCh3rri3s

Newcomer
Hello! I'm a newbie and I had the same problem, then I followed @ShinyPorygon advice. I think it worked and then Smapi showed this (see photo). To be honest I dont know what it says that is wrong, can anyone please help :cry:
1653124397879.png

maluflrz

Newcomer
hello, if your game is on compatibility mode SMAPI won't work, i'm having the same problem because in the beginning of the year i installed win10 on my computer and the game stopped working. The only solution was compatibility mode and now i cannot run mods

Cohibet

Newcomer
There are some instances where you will need to use the compatibility version of the game. Please be aware that SMAPI/game mods are not compatible with this version.
On Steam: In your library, right-click Stardew Valley and select Properties... > Betas > then "compatibility" under the dropdown.
On GOG: From the game's page, click the settings icon > Manage installation > Configure... > then "compatibility" under the Beta channels dropdown.
I have already tried that. Sadly, didn't work.
I don't care for mods, but even the most basic version of the game doesn't work.