Underthe_roses

Greenhorn
My Stardew game was working fine even after I updated it to the latest SMAPI version but I left for a while so I closed the game, now when I try to open it I get a red SMAPI error and then it shuts down. I'm not sure what happened or what I need to fix it.

The log for SMAPI: https://smapi.io/log/7ba6d2cda383418783c403df37e6fbe4

I redownloaded SMAPI and the error still happens.

Last edited:
The error is unfortunately a little vague, but related to SAAT.

Code:
00:48:56    TRACE    SAAT.Mod    Accessed mod-provided API for SAAT.API.
00:48:56    ERROR    SMAPI    Critical app domain exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SAAT.Mod.SAATMod.LoadContentPacks() in C:\Users\Weil\source\repos\SAAT\SAAT.Mod\SAAT.Mod.cs:line 138
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
I do see you also have CustomMusic installed. Can you try removing that mod, and retrying? SAAT replaces the mod so there could be a potential conflict.
May also want to restart your computer, just in case it needs a refresh too.

g0lu6

Greenhorn
The error is unfortunately a little vague, but related to SAAT.

Code:
00:48:56    TRACE    SAAT.Mod    Accessed mod-provided API for SAAT.API.
00:48:56    ERROR    SMAPI    Critical app domain exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SAAT.Mod.SAATMod.LoadContentPacks() in C:\Users\Weil\source\repos\SAAT\SAAT.Mod\SAAT.Mod.cs:line 138
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
I do see you also have CustomMusic installed. Can you try removing that mod, and retrying? SAAT replaces the mod so there could be a potential conflict.
May also want to restart your computer, just in case it needs a refresh too.
What if I have the same problem, but the CustomMusic is not installed?

What if I have the same problem, but the CustomMusic is not installed?
Could just be some bug in SAAT.

But, without seeing your fulll log file; it's hard to really comment any further. As it could just as easily be something else. I know audio issues are a pretty common problem for WIndows users; and that sometimes transfers over into the related mods.

SMAPI Log Parser via: https://smapi.io/log/

g0lu6

Greenhorn
Could just be some bug in SAAT.

But, without seeing your fulll log file; it's hard to really comment any further. As it could just as easily be something else. I know audio issues are a pretty common problem for WIndows users; and that sometimes transfers over into the related mods.

SMAPI Log Parser via: https://smapi.io/log/
Thanks for the help, the error went away by itself. If the error occurs again I will write with a log file ;D