Completely off-topic discussion (If you just wanna talk about random stuff, this is the place)

Oh! Well, I used to snack when I was thirsty because I thought that I was hungry, and that’s what I’m trying to stop. I guess I mixed the two up.
Lol, That's kind of odd. I wonder why that would be the case. I used to have problems with drinking water as well but now I drink like eight water bottles a day lol. Because of my issue with remembering to drink water I had migraines all the time, but that was fixed by drinking more water, wouldn't you know.

Lol, That's kind of odd. I wonder why that would be the case. I used to have problems with drinking water as well but now I drink like eight water bottles a day lol. Because of my issue with remembering to drink water I had migraines all the time, but that was fixed by drinking more water, wouldn't you know.
I’m always really dehydrated because I hate drinking water unless I’m hot and out of breath. If I’m not, it feels like I’m drowning.

astatine210

Rancher
I think eating as much as I have been is harder than actually working out :grin: I'm not really built for overeating lol
That's often that hardest part: the right "feeding" for the outcome you want! Nutrition is difficult (it doesn't become a Master's program in university for nothing!) and not a "one size fits all". As you said, creating the habit is hard; maintaining once it's become one is the easy part. But I'm sure you got this! :) Keep reading and listening to content that encourages you and gives you little tips to head in the right direction.

Dr. eeL

Farmer
Okay, so some news. Nothing on the arm wrestle yet. However, I'm currently on a diet. Of basically just eat as much as I possibly can. (Trying for 3,500 to 4,000 calories a day) Don't worry, it's all healthy, i.e chicken fajitas, protein shakes, eggs, salad, unflavored popcorn, oatmeal, a whole ton of beans, nuts, and beef. Before you ask why, it's because I want to gain muscle. I'm very fit and athletic, as you've probably already gathered, but I only weigh like 135 lbs and I'm 6 ft tall. So I'm trying to bulk up some. I've got the workout thing down, but the eating part is where I start to fall behind. I just eat when I'm hungry, which isn't really a great way to gain muscle. So now I'm on a self-enforced 'eat-as-much-healthy-food-as-you-can-diet' Also, before you ask, it just might be kind of because of the arm wrestle. However! That's not the only reason. There are other ones...

I just can't think of them right now.
I think that it is natural for people to wish for what they don't have. There are no perfect body types. Bulking up as a teenager is quite a temptation in the direction of being more popular (with the ladies) in the short term, but long term, there are distinct disadvantages. For the next 30 years, you'll be fine, but as you approach the age of 40, those muscles and fat cells that you spent so much time on and worked so hard to create will come back to bite you. (Nobody thinks about what will happen in 30 years when they light up a cigarette, either). Being young, tall, and thin is a genuine asset and you are genetically lucky to have this combination. Over the next 5 years, you will just naturally gradually fill out, weigh more and gain strength. Relax. Don't swim upstream in life, when the current is telling you which way to go.

I think that it is natural for people to wish for what they don't have. There are no perfect body types. Bulking up as a teenager is quite a temptation in the direction of being more popular (with the ladies) in the short term, but long term, there are distinct disadvantages. For the next 30 years, you'll be fine, but as you approach the age of 40, those muscles and fat cells that you spent so much time on and worked so hard to create will come back to bite you. (Nobody thinks about what will happen in 30 years when they light up a cigarette, either). Being young, tall, and thin is a genuine asset and you are genetically lucky to have this combination. Over the next 5 years, you will just naturally gradually fill out, weigh more and gain strength. Relax. Don't swim upstream in life, when the current is telling you which way to go.
I suppose you make good points, but the first thing I'd like to set straight is the idea that I'm doing it for someone other than me, (the ladies) Right now, I'm not very interested in anything like that. I know, I know, I will be, but I'm not right now, so that isn't the reason I'm doing it. Second of all, why would it come back to bite me? From all of the research and studies I have read, there don't seem to be any downsides to excercising, in fact, it seems to have overwhelmingly positive effects. There are certainly downsides to being grotesquely muscular and large, but that isn't what I'm shooting for. I'm going for more of an athletic and muscular build, but I don't think I'll ever weigh more than 180-200 lbs. Honestly, I think going against the current is a good thing in most everything you do. If you just follow what's easy and go with the flow, then being successful depends entirely on luck. My goals can't be accomplished by going with what's popular or easy. I'm more ambitious than that, and being fit is important to me. This isn't some passing desire or fleeting wish for no other reason than appearance. I want to be fit and strong because that's important to me as a person.

Dr. eeL

Farmer
No problem. I should not have offered unsolicited advice. The most important thing is to be comfortable with yourself as an individual, assets and warts and all. The analogy of floating downstream does not imply laziness; it suggests awareness. In the maze of life, you can try and cut and slash your way through the greenery, or you can walk with considerably less effort between the green walls with a purpose. In my experience, there is surprisingly little "luck" in life. Mr. Eagle, I'm on your team. Fly as high as you dare to go.

No problem. I should not have offered unsolicited advice. The most important thing is to be comfortable with yourself as an individual, assets and warts and all. The analogy of floating downstream does not imply laziness; it suggests awareness. In the maze of life, you can try and cut and slash your way through the greenery, or you can walk with considerably less effort between the green walls with a purpose. In my experience, there is surprisingly little "luck" in life. Mr. Eagle, I'm on your team. Fly as high as you dare to go.
Nah, you're totally fine. I suppose you probably know better than I, after all. Effort just isn't something I'm scared of. Those who fly the highest tend not to stick the beaten path, and while I don't exactly intend to go the "highest", I definitely intend to go as far as I dare. Thanks for the advice, solicited or not. I always enjoy hearing other's perspectives about any subject. I just think it's interesting to see how others view contentious topics.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah, idk, I usually don't drink too much but the last while I've been chugging water like crazy, didn't help when I went camping for a few nights quite deep into the bush with some friends right next to a beautiful river to realize we forgot our filters, only boiling for us but waiting 2-3 hours for a bottle of water is a pain when you are constantly running around/hiking/whatever.

The ladies meaning Haley? I mean, she is into Alex, so I guess that makes sense…