The 1.5 update is now available on iOS and Android! [Updated 1/7]

firecream

Greenhorn
I appreciate the issues to update a game to all platforms, but to wait 7 months to finally hear it still long ways off and new company needed to do update is more than I can support. I have enjoyed the game, but will find a new one. The 1.5 update is now old news and all secrets have been shown Many times. Not anything left to be excited about, so I am choosing not to wait anymore or play it when it arrives in 2022 or 2023. Best wishes to Stardew Valley, it was fun, but tired of waiting.
forager or terraria are great games!

AtomsJosh

Planter
Basically CA doesn't priorities mobile. He already made a new game and now he is prioritizing that game, haunted chocolatier.

It's funny to see people beefing eachother and saying: "you should be grateful that CA is giving this update for free" bruh where is the update?, " You bought the game "as is"" yeah, "the game is complete" yeah.

Y'all made a point.

Picture this: your father told you that he will give you a new beefy pc... And you trust your father... So you wait... 1 day... 2 days... 1 week... 3 weeks. 1 month... Christmas pass... New year pass... 4 months... Then he bought the beefy pc, and you are like "YESSSS" but he gives it to your brother and he told to you "don't worry ill buy you a new one" isn't this upsetting? As human it's normal to be upset, we are upset that CA can't give the update fast, but it's not our fault. CA just didn't prioritize it, if he did priorities it then it should be done before he made the haunted chocolatier. Guys play the game you like while waiting for the update, then after a few months you can let go stardew.

I don't care if you delete my account or ban me, CA, you already broke my trust, loyalty, and my emotion(little) for keeping me waiting for nothing.

If you @ConcernedApe really do care about the mobile community send an apology to Twitter or in this forum to make the mobile community happy again and tell in detail of what have you done for the update, any progress, etch and an APOLOGY FOR DELAY

For mobile community, have patience CA is doing his best and we know he "fly solo"

Basically CA doesn't priorities mobile. He already made a new game and now he is prioritizing that game, haunted chocolatier.

It's funny to see people beefing eachother and saying: "you should be grateful that CA is giving this update for free" bruh where is the update?, " You bought the game "as is"" yeah, "the game is complete" yeah.

Y'all made a point.

Picture this: your father told you that he will give you a new beefy pc... And you trust your father... So you wait... 1 day... 2 days... 1 week... 3 weeks. 1 month... Christmas pass... New year pass... 4 months... Then he bought the beefy pc, and you are like "YESSSS" but he gives it to your brother and he told to you "don't worry ill buy you a new one" isn't this upsetting? As human it's normal to be upset, we are upset that CA can't give the update fast, but it's not our fault. CA just didn't prioritize it, if he did priorities it then it should be done before he made the haunted chocolatier. Guys play the game you like while waiting for the update, then after a few months you can let go stardew.

I don't care if you delete my account or ban me, CA, you already broke my trust, loyalty, and my emotion(little) for keeping me waiting for nothing.

If you @ConcernedApe really do care about the mobile community send an apology to Twitter or in this forum to make the mobile community happy again and tell in detail of what have you done for the update, any progress, etch and an APOLOGY FOR DELAY

For mobile community, have patience CA is doing his best and we know he "fly solo"
Bro, he has already apologized for the delay. I can understand why you would be frustrated, but there really isn't much he can do to further prioritize mobile. At this point, he is mostly just waiting for the porting team to finish. Yes, he is prioritizing something else, in this case, The Haunted Chocolatier, but he has made an extreme effort to delegate the porting of 1.5 to a trustworthy team that can get the job done. There have been lots of setbacks, as he has transparently informed us of, but sometimes there just isn't anything that can be done. To further follow your analogy of the 'beefy' PC, imagine this, your father has said that he will give you this PC after he can build it. It turns out that it is extremely hard to build, he hires some people to help him build it so he can give it to you as quickly as possible, but it turns out the people he trusted to help him were not trustworthy, he hires a new team, this time trustworthy. After hiring the new team they don't quite understand exactly what they need to do to build the PC from where it is currently made, so they essentially have to start from the ground up, unfortunately increasing the time it will take until he can give it to you. Now, while that team is still working on building your PC, he tells your brother that he is building him a PC as well, with emphasis on building because we have no idea when HC is coming out. He never said that your brother was going to get his PC before yours, only that he was going to build one for him as well. I really am sorry for your frustration, but your arguments are invalid in this case. The team he has hired, and him as well, are still working very hard behind the scenes to get 1.5 to mobile.

imnvs

Local Legend
Josh, buddy, there's only so much he can do for the mobile port. Honestly, I believe that if at any point he has to choose between spending time that could advance the 1.5 port of SDV to mobile or time that could work towards completing Haunted Choccy, that he'd be choosing SDV. It looks like you believe elsewise, and honestly, this breaks my heart, because CA has shown so much love and support for the community over the years. Losing all faith in him now? That just... I mean, I get your frustration, but your judgment still seems beyond what he deserves, imho.

No matter what, I hope the game comes to you soon, my friend, as you deserve to play it just like the rest of us, and I hope that when it does that you come to believe, as I do, that at no point did he ever turn his back on you.

AtomsJosh

Planter
Josh, buddy, there's only so much he can do for the mobile port. Honestly, I believe that if at any point he has to choose between spending time that could advance the 1.5 port of SDV to mobile or time that could work towards completing Haunted Choccy, that he'd be choosing SDV. It looks like you believe elsewise, and honestly, this breaks my heart, because CA has shown so much love and support for the community over the years. Losing all faith in him now? That just... I mean, I get your frustration, but your judgment still seems beyond what he deserves, imho.

No matter what, I hope the game comes to you soon, my friend, as you deserve to play it just like the rest of us, and I hope that when it does that you come to believe, as I do, that at no point did he ever turn his back on you.
I'm sorry, I was just blinded by my own Anger.

I am sorry

Darios

Greenhorn
JIt's been a year and nothing. CA doesn't even update us on or say anything mobile related... if that's just to avoid stressing someone out, I swear it's not working.

imnvs

Local Legend
JIt's been a year and nothing. CA doesn't even update us on or say anything mobile related... if that's just to avoid stressing someone out, I swear it's not working.
You have too been given updates. He has said things a few times in the last year, just not as often or with an ETA like you would prefer. Every time he does say something, too, there's an explosion of folks demanding more information he's said he doesn't have.

If monthly he said, "They're still working on it," it would simply be monthly that people freak out with the demands... and it would likely be worse, because they'd say, "That's what you said the last time," and wouldn't accept that he knew no more to tell them at that time.

Darios

Greenhorn
Bem, obviamente cobraríamos por cada nova notícia. Já faz 1 ano, 1 ano! Como você pode simplesmente esperar por algo que você tanto queria poder jogar mas já faz 1 ano que foi prometido e já faz meses sem novidades?

Isso já está sendo descaso com os jogadores de celular. Na hora em que podia dar alguma notícia, ele anunciou 1.5.6, outro jogo e tudo mais.
Ele não nos dar notícias só dá a entender que depois de 1 ano ainda não houve progresso. preocupante!

imnvs

Local Legend
For those needing a translation:
Bem, obviamente cobraríamos por cada nova notícia. Já faz 1 ano, 1 ano! Como você pode simplesmente esperar por algo que você tanto queria poder jogar mas já faz 1 ano que foi prometido e já faz meses sem novidades?

Isso já está sendo descaso com os jogadores de celular. Na hora em que podia dar alguma notícia, ele anunciou 1.5.6, outro jogo e tudo mais.
Ele não nos dar notícias só dá a entender que depois de 1 ano ainda não houve progresso. preocupante!
Well, obviously we would charge for every new piece of news. It's been 1 year, 1 year! How can you just wait for something you so wanted to be able to play but it's been 1 year since it was promised and it's been months without news?

This is already being neglected by mobile gamers. Just when he could break some news, he announced 1.5.6, another game and all.
He doesn't give us any news, he only suggests that after 1 year there has still been no progress. worrisome!
He has given us news when he had any, actually, and that's been a few times over the last year. Every time he does, he's buried under an avalanche of people demanding more information, information he has already said he doesn't have. If he has no new information, what good would him saying anything do?

It's still being worked on. It's coming. I know this is frustrating, and I'd be in a state too if the shoes were reversed... but you can't guilt or shame him into making other people work faster by bemoaning how long it is taking. Really, you might make CA feel bad... but that won't get the other folk working any faster.

Last edited:

nararabbit

Greenhorn
I understand your frustration as it's been a long time and new information has been harder to come by than many would like.

However, the Future is a big place and there's room for mobile Stardew Valley 1.5 there.
Right, but at a certain point the annoyance and frustration kills any lingering interest in the game. It isn’t just that information has been “harder to come by than many would like,” information has been basically just above zero. “It’s coming” is the bare minimum, especially after a year.

I have both managed others’ businesses and now run my own. Honest communication (that actually relates something useful) is key if you want to maintain a loyal customer base. People get disgruntled, lose interest, or just plain forget about you if you leave them in the dark for too long. It is just a bad look to the customer, no matter how hard working, nice, or talented someone is!

I’ve been waiting for another game for almost two years from another very small developer and it has at least one more year to go. BUT, I get an update in my email roughly once a month detailing what progress has been made and where the team is at. I’m cool to wait because I have some idea of how things are progressing. In this case, unfortunately I’ve become soured on SV. Hopefully that’ll change in the future and I’ll be excited for 1.5 when and if it ever drops and I’ll be interested in HC as a mobile game. Right now though, I’ve just deleted it and found other games to play instead that are complete. :(

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hopefully when 1.5 comes out for mobile it'll turn out like the James Webb telescope seems to be going,

and less like Duke Nukem Forever...

The Sagrada Familia has turned out rather nicely.
It'll beat the Crazy Horse Memorial to completion.
I'm sure it won't go the way of the SSC, and it'll waste less money, too.
The Big Dig and The Chunnel eventually were finished.

...just random thoughts.

Right, but at a certain point the annoyance and frustration kills any lingering interest in the game. It isn’t just that information has been “harder to come by than many would like,” information has been basically just above zero. “It’s coming” is the bare minimum, especially after a year.

I have both managed others’ businesses and now run my own. Honest communication (that actually relates something useful) is key if you want to maintain a loyal customer base. People get disgruntled, lose interest, or just plain forget about you if you leave them in the dark for too long. It is just a bad look to the customer, no matter how hard working, nice, or talented someone is!

I’ve been waiting for another game for almost two years from another very small developer and it has at least one more year to go. BUT, I get an update in my email roughly once a month detailing what progress has been made and where the team is at. I’m cool to wait because I have some idea of how things are progressing. In this case, unfortunately I’ve become soured on SV. Hopefully that’ll change in the future and I’ll be excited for 1.5 when and if it ever drops and I’ll be interested in HC as a mobile game. Right now though, I’ve just deleted it and found other games to play instead that are complete. :(
I haven’t looked Twitter in a while, but when I still did, CA was making frequent updates and responses regarding 1.5 for mobile. If I’m understanding everything correctly, there are some legal complications that are putting a hold on the progress. Not only that, but because SDV was developed by CA alone, and now is being updated by him and a small team, it might take slightly longer than these other games that you’ve mentioned who may have a larger group of people working on it. If I’m wrong, please correct me, but I think that those who use Androids have access to mods that might add certain aspects of 1.5 to the game. I personally use an Apple phone/iPad, so I’m not positive, but if you do, I recommend checking it out! :)