Cant find and see Journal scraps

Enow03

Greenhorn
I dont see journal scraps on ginger island i tried everything to find them. But i cant see and find one of them. Please help for to fix this bug.

Grow Pumpkins. Or Melons, or Cauliflower, as long as it's a giant crop, you should have according to that table an 80% chance for it to Attempt to spawn a secret note, and a 100% chance for one to drop, if you've never gotten one. Note that even then, 5% of folks will have to crack 14 of them before one will drop. If you crack open your giant crops and it Doesn't drop though, you may be able to restart the day, and leave the crop up, then try again the next day. I'm not certain if the drop contents for a giant crop are determined at start of day, when it matures, or when it's broken, BlaDe may, but it's at least likely worth the attempt. If you grow a full Ginger Island sized field of them with Iridium Sprinklers and don't harvest the non-giant ones you should be virtually guaranteed to get a couple per day from the time your field is fully grown.

I hope it helps!

Ereo

Helper

Grow Pumpkins. Or Melons, or Cauliflower, as long as it's a giant crop, you should have according to that table an 80% chance for it to Attempt to spawn a secret note, and a 100% chance for one to drop, if you've never gotten one. Note that even then, 5% of folks will have to crack 14 of them before one will drop. If you crack open your giant crops and it Doesn't drop though, you may be able to restart the day, and leave the crop up, then try again the next day. I'm not certain if the drop contents for a giant crop are determined at start of day, when it matures, or when it's broken, BlaDe may, but it's at least likely worth the attempt. If you grow a full Ginger Island sized field of them with Iridium Sprinklers and don't harvest the non-giant ones you should be virtually guaranteed to get a couple per day from the time your field is fully grown.

I hope it helps!
That's secret notes, not journal scraps.

How long have you played on ginger island? My feeling is they are rarer than the secret notes. What activities have you tried?

Are you using any mods?

Enow03

Greenhorn

I hope it helps!
Thanks but i want the journal scraps on ginger island. The secret notes i have all of them but the journal scraps dont dissapair even not in the menu screen.

Enow03

Greenhorn
That's secret notes, not journal scraps.

How long have you played on ginger island? My feeling is they are rarer than the secret notes. What activities have you tried?

Are you using any mods?
Thanks i played 7 years in the game and i am on my first year on ginger island. I okay not with mods Xbox series s. But i tried everything they dont dissapair even not on the menu i dont see one off them the first one i saw only and then nothing more to see everyday i tried fishing and go to vulcano farming maybe i can see one but noting happens . I have allready find 108 golden wallnuts.

Hill Myna

Farmer
Chopping and shaking trees helped me, but sounds like you're doing everything right. Keep trying, I hope you find it!

If you grow a full Ginger Island sized field of them with Iridium Sprinklers and don't harvest the non-giant ones you should be virtually guaranteed to get a couple per day from the time your field is fully grown.
Unfortunately, Giant Crops can't grow on Ginger Island, just like in the Greenhouse.

wasch

Greenhorn
Thank you i hope i find it one day again! If i look in the notes menu i cant see the journal scraps only the secret notes. it’s really weird.

I have the same problem and was hoping to find a reliable bugfix. Playing on PS4 on my second playthrough, trying to get perfection as soon as possible. But I'm not getting ANY journal scaps. Already got 105 walnuts, opened the room, did a whole lot of activities - not a single Journal Scrap. Which means I'll be missing some for perfection and it really is annoying - especially since I will only find out if the bug appears again on a new gameplay when finishing the CC, so quite some time into the game. I've read in other bug reports (this appears to happen quite a bit) that for one person it did work after restarting the game, but that didn't work for me.

Real bad bug! :(

Enow03

Greenhorn
I have the same problem and was hoping to find a reliable bugfix. Playing on PS4 on my second playthrough, trying to get perfection as soon as possible. But I'm not getting ANY journal scaps. Already got 105 walnuts, opened the room, did a whole lot of activities - not a single Journal Scrap. Which means I'll be missing some for perfection and it really is annoying - especially since I will only find out if the bug appears again on a new gameplay when finishing the CC, so quite some time into the game. I've read in other bug reports (this appears to happen quite a bit) that for one person it did work after restarting the game, but that didn't work for me.

Real bad bug! :(
Yes thank you i tried to restart it also but it didnt help for me too. Its realy a bad bug :( i played it for more than 120 hours totally in the game so far and now i’m in ginger island and have found so much golden wallnuts (108) have completed missions also for mister Q. Nothing wil let me find a journal scraps so annoying this. I hope they wil fix this bug we can play again.

Enow03

Greenhorn
Yes thank you i tried to restart it also but it didnt help for me too. Its realy a bad bug :( i played it for more than 120 hours totally in the game so far and now i’m in ginger island and have found so much golden wallnuts (108) have completed missions also for mister Q. Nothing wil let me find a journal scraps so annoying this. I hope they wil fix this bug we can play again.
I play it on xbox series s , so i can only save if i sleep and can’t load a game like other players play it on the pc. Maybe if i could save at any time and load any saved games like other players play it on the pc ,it can changed a lot also for to find the journal scraps and fix the bug maybe.

Yep I'm aware we're referring to Journal Scraps on Ginger Island. On the table I linked, it says the following: "The "Chance" column below indicates the probabilities that the game will attempt to spawn a secret note. When such an attempt is made, the game performs a further check to see if it succeeds, based on the number of notes of the appropriate type (Journal Scraps on Ginger Island, regular Secret Notes elsewhere) that the player has already found."

If Giant Crops are out, the chances on other activities are relatively low. I tried fishing in the Caldera myself for hours and didn't get a single one. I'm not 100% certain that they're not specifically excluded from being able to spawn there, I've never gotten one there, though other than today I've not tried fishing for one specifically. I got all mine through stones in the volcano and monsters in there, but with a 3.3% chance to Attempt to spawn there, killing 200+ enemies without a single spawn is not even remotely out of the realm of possibility. Just so you know the reason they don't show in the menu is they only show there after you've gathered your first one. The chart still bears holds though, so perhaps tonight I'll try to work on a more reliable method of farming them on my save where I have 3 found so far. Best of luck!

imnvs

Local Legend
I usually get most of my journal scraps in the volcano dungeon after I get a napalm ring.

wasch

Greenhorn
Yep I'm aware we're referring to Journal Scraps on Ginger Island. On the table I linked, it says the following: "The "Chance" column below indicates the probabilities that the game will attempt to spawn a secret note. When such an attempt is made, the game performs a further check to see if it succeeds, based on the number of notes of the appropriate type (Journal Scraps on Ginger Island, regular Secret Notes elsewhere) that the player has already found."

If Giant Crops are out, the chances on other activities are relatively low. I tried fishing in the Caldera myself for hours and didn't get a single one. I'm not 100% certain that they're not specifically excluded from being able to spawn there, I've never gotten one there, though other than today I've not tried fishing for one specifically. I got all mine through stones in the volcano and monsters in there, but with a 3.3% chance to Attempt to spawn there, killing 200+ enemies without a single spawn is not even remotely out of the realm of possibility. Just so you know the reason they don't show in the menu is they only show there after you've gathered your first one. The chart still bears holds though, so perhaps tonight I'll try to work on a more reliable method of farming them on my save where I have 3 found so far. Best of luck!

I'm on the island relatively constantly, doing all activities. On my first playthrough, I got the notes relatively quickly, from all activities. So far, not a single one, and I have over 110 walnuts and my farm is running.

It really appears to be bugged (on console). I'll try growing some giant crops, maybe it just needs the first one to show up and then the rest will follow, but it is really weird (and I have seen around 15 posts over the internet by people playing on console saying they're not getting any Scraps on a certain playthrough without a "bug fix" available. And it's honestly sad because I'm going for perfection and you'll only find out if your game is bugged when you finally reach Ginger Island, which is a long time into the gameplay.

I'll try restarting a few more times and growing Giant Crops, maybe something will actually work. :/

wasch

Greenhorn
Completely restarted it and one of the first trees gave me the first scrap. Phew.

Last times I exited and reloaded, but left the game open. And yeah, I put my ps4 in sleeper instead of shutting it down because of downloads, loading the controller and everything. So it MIGHT have to do with closing down the game. Or just pure luck, which I doubt when seeing how easy it was to get the Scraps on my first playthrough and that I only found the first one right now, right after for the first time closing the game completely.

Enow03

Greenhorn
Completely restarted it and one of the first trees gave me the first scrap. Phew.

Last times I exited and reloaded, but left the game open. And yeah, I put my ps4 in sleeper instead of shutting it down because of downloads, loading the controller and everything. So it MIGHT have to do with closing down the game. Or just pure luck, which I doubt when seeing how easy it was to get the Scraps on my first playthrough and that I only found the first one right now, right after for the first time closing the game completely.
Realy nice to hear you found it but did you start a whole new game from scratch or turn the console on and off you mean ? I'm still playing to find the scraps 😓

Just as a follow up, I did have a chance to test a few farming methods. I farmed for trash using a training rod in the ocean, and got 50ish pieces of trash, 5 golden walnuts (apparently hadn't gotten the fishing ones yet on that save) and 3 journal scraps. It was boring, but it's easy, it's safe, and it's an option. I spent a day in the volcano for comparison, blowing up everything in sight and slaying every monster encountered, and also got 3 journal scraps. So both seem equally efficient from a "journal scrap per day" standpoint, but I certainly know which one I enjoyed more and which one I would do if I needed journal scraps fast.

However from the sounds of it, anyone having trouble with this on console should fully power the console off, power it back on, and start the game as a fresh launch rather than anything involving sleep or suspend and wake or renew, correct? Good to know for the future! Thanks for the post and glad you got what you needed!

wasch

Greenhorn
Yes, I got 6 more scraps the following two days. So it really appears to have been bugged, yet relatively easy to "undo", just shut down the game completely and not only exit to the screen and reload.

Enow03

Greenhorn
Yes, I got 6 more scraps the following two days. So it really appears to have been bugged, yet relatively easy to "undo", just shut down the game completely and not only exit to the screen and reload.
Yes offcourse i have 2 more scraps to go now i hope we wil find them keep going👍