Favorite Marriage Candidate?

Who is your favorite bachelor/bachelorette?

• Total voters

Shelbs5

Farmhand
Well I have married almost all of the male candidates(besides Elliot. Just not my type I guess). But no matter how many time I tell myself that I am going to try something different, I always seem to marry Alex in most of my games. I understand that his jock attitude can be annoying, but I go for the backstory. I can relate to it because I also had an alcoholic father who was abusive and always talked down to me and my brothers growing up. Like he may not give the best gift in the end, but he is so appreciative about having someone who cares about him and is happy to have a family of his own.

Hazy

Farmhand
Sebastian is my favorite overall. Relatable. I have a lot in common with him in terms of interests. I am a bit more positive than he is though, and I wear a different alternative fashion. In real life, I'm in my 30's, but I'm not bothered by him being a young 20-25 something year old as I'm not modeling my farmers directly after me anyway.

I married Sam on another file. He has a good attitude and I like his outgoing nature and energy. I feel like he would be a fun person to be around. He's also a bit of a prankster, and I can be like that sometimes too. He has several interests I do as well. He's just cool.

I've also married Harvey. He's pretty sweet and a lot closer to my real life age. I have some anxiety so I can get his nervousness in certain scenarios. He's a cute character and wholesome.

I haven't married the other candidates yet. I don't know if next time I will try a female candidate or who I will pursue honestly.

Tinks

Planter
Is there a post anywhere that shows how each character changes after relationship with them and what they bring with them if you marry them?

nicodeux

Farmer
My favorite marriage candidate is Emily. :emily:

She was the first one and even when I decide to marry another bachelor/bachelorette, Emily is always one I got early max hearts with. I really like her kindness and positiveness.

Second on the list is Penny :penny:.
Ex-aequo on the third place are Abigail :abigail: and Leah :leah:.

Tinks

Planter
Each character has a page on the wiki. If you don't mind spoilers, the wiki is a great resource!

For example, here is Shane: www.stardewvalleywiki.com/Shane
I'll have to have a look on there I didn't want to spoil it too much but little things like Penny gave me a clue after I gave her a poppy on her birthday, she said if I want to get on her mothers good side give her 'Pina Colada' ... so gonna have to look up whether I buy that or make it!! I've got her up to 6 hearts on that game but haven't had another cut scene yet.

I also need to find what Marnie really likes for both games to get those shorts back for the mayor!! :grin:

Tinks

Planter
My favorite marriage candidate is Emily. :emily:

She was the first one and even when I decide to marry another bachelor/bachelorette, Emily is always one I got early max hearts with. I really like her kindness and positiveness.

Second on the list is Penny :penny:.
Ex-aequo on the third place are Abigail :abigail: and Leah :leah:.
Why do you like Emily over Leah?

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'll have to have a look on there I didn't want to spoil it too much but little things like Penny gave me a clue after I gave her a poppy on her birthday, she said if I want to get on her mothers good side give her 'Pina Colada' ... so gonna have to look up whether I buy that or make it!! I've got her up to 6 hearts on that game but haven't had another cut scene yet.

I also need to find what Marnie really likes for both games to get those shorts back for the mayor!! :grin:
Keep checking the Help Wanted board. Shortly after I received the mayor's embarrassing request (Seriously. Seriously. A local politician asking a newcomer to look for his lucky drawers. In his "secret" girlfriend's bedroom. WTH?????), Marnie asked for something on the Help Wanted board and that got me up to the 2:heart: I needed. It was total luck, but you might get the same luck!

Tinks

Planter
well Kenny has got Penny to 8 hearts!! ..and given her the bouquet! ... made 11,151 as was saving for the kitchen but game tells me I have to get a pendant off a guy on the beach when it rains! ...how much is the pendant? ..and will he give me it before the kitchen is done? (if I go order that first before visiting him?)

nicodeux

Farmer
Acquiring the Mermaid's Pendant will cost you 5000 gold. However, the "guy on the beach" will only sell it to you once you have completed the first upgrade of your house (meaning, the kitchen is done) and that you have reached 10 hearts with a bachelore(tte) (meaning you've already given a Bouquet to him/her to unlock past 8 hearts).

Tinks

Planter
Acquiring the Mermaid's Pendant will cost you 5000 gold. However, the "guy on the beach" will only sell it to you once you have completed the first upgrade of your house (meaning, the kitchen is done) and that you have reached 10 hearts with a bachelore(tte) (meaning you've already given a Bouquet to him/her to unlock past 8 hearts).
Thanks I've given the bouquet just need to go order the kitchen now!! :smile: and raise a bit more cash while I'm waiting for it to be finished!

Tinks

Planter
Got the kitchen and have Penny on 9 hearts but it's now winter and snowing rather than raining and I noticed the guy on the beach wasn't there when it snowed (to get the pendant off when Penny reaches 10 hearts)... am I gonna have to wait until spring now before Kenny can marry Penny?

plus..how do I get Pina Colada for Pam??? got to get her onside before I propose...lol!! :laugh:

Ereo

Helper
Got the kitchen and have Penny on 9 hearts but it's now winter and snowing rather than raining and I noticed the guy on the beach wasn't there when it snowed (to get the pendant off when Penny reaches 10 hearts)... am I gonna have to wait until spring now before Kenny can marry Penny?

plus..how do I get Pina Colada for Pam??? got to get her onside before I propose...lol!! :laugh:
The guy is not there in winter, unless you get a rain totem to make it rain.

Piña colada is a very late game item. It's not available in the valley itself. Any other drink will also get Pam on your good side ( but Penny doesn't like when her mum is drinking...)

Boo1972

Farmer

Parsnips are a Penny-approved gift for Pam.

Tinks

Planter
Parsnips are a Penny-approved gift for Pam.
Thanks I'll have to wait for spring again for them though. Switched games but finding this one equally frustrating at the minute trying to get Caroline to 2 hearts to get the tea saplings. She was very rude about my last gift that according to Wiki she likes! ..and got a coop full of grumpy chickens and ducks cos its winter and they wont go outside cos its too cold! :laugh:. .don't think I'm cut out for a farming life!!