Favorite Marriage Candidate?

Who is your favorite bachelor/bachelorette?

• Total voters
Hi everyone! I know that quite a few threads have been created about the marriage candidates in SDV, but no recent ones that asked everyone's opinions on all the bachelors and bachelorettes.

Who was the first person you fell for? Who was the first person you married? Who was the second? Have you married all the bachelors or bachelorettes? Who do you still want to marry? Who is your favorite? Etc, etc.

I would say to keep away from saying which bachelors and/or bachelorettes you don't like because we all know that that incites quite a few arguments

*This thread is open for mini-rants and rants*

My answers:
First person I fell for - Alex. (Don't judge me - I know most of you did too) Soon I realized he was just too conceited and hard to get loved gifts for (because I don't really like to cook). So I pursued someone else.
My first spouse was Sebastian -_- TBH I fell for the "emo boy" vibe but soon realized he's not the dedicated spouse that I really wanted, so I saw his 14-heart event (the best) and stopped playing on that file because I just can't divorce people in SDV. I'm not DangerouslyFunny haha
The second person I married - Shane. Again, I'm a bit quixotic and fall for people easily, and I couldn't resist (again) him. I just love his storyline and how he grows once you start befriending him.
Haven't married someone else since, except for Sam but that was an intensely modded file I deleted quickly.
I still want to marry Sam on a regular save file, maybe when 1.5 comes to mobile! And I want to marry Leah because that painting!

That's all for me, but I've only been playing this game for a year. I know some people on these forums that have been playing SDV since it's release, so share your opinions here!

Also, for those who played before the 1.1 update: Were you surprised when CA made Shane and Emily marriageable? Would you rather have them unmarriagable? If so, which bachelor and bachelorette would you add?

Note: I know you can't marry Krobus but I know some people prefer him to the marriage candidates, so I just added him :)

Last edited:
I plan on eventually marrying all of them but it will be a long road to get there!

First fell for Maru who was also my first spouse. She is so smart and driven to achieve her goals. Can't be easy working as a nurse while also being an inventor! (Also, the bombs are a nice gift in the mornings) :maru::cbomb:

Second spouse was Penny who is just the sweetest thing imaginable. She is all about the kids so I have 2 kiddos on that save file. :penny::flower:

Also have recently married Sebastian. I don't mind that he isn't around much since he gives me coffee in the mornings. Also, we both love the rain and frogs. :sebastian::coffee::frog:

Favorite is a toss up but I'd probably say Penny for now.

1. Harvey. I fell in hope and I don't regret. He is too nice and kind and I'm addicted. Since the personality I gave to my farmer is the exact opposite from him (energetic, rude and adventurous) they are actually perfect together. He helps her to be a bit more safe and she helps him to get out of his shell. Also my farmer hates jazz so don't ask how they do it.
2. Leah. Our favorite artist and the painting is nice.
3. Penny.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Sebastian is my favorite marriage candidate, no ifs ands or buts!

Also, for those who played before the 1.1 update: Were you surprised when CA made Shane and Emily marriageable? Would you rather have them unmarriagable? If so, which bachelor and bachelorette would you add?
I remember the poll!! I voted for Sandy and Wizard, but I like Shane and Emily so I'm fine with them.

Alfyna

Sodbuster
Does my avatar give it away? XD :harvey: Sweet, thoughtful, hardworking, honest, smart, completely lacking in hubris, great listener, GREAT cook, devoted partner and dad. Him still being single was the greatest indicator that SDV is a fictional world.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I thought it was going to be Maru because glasses are best but then Penny's story grew on me. No, I'm not going to make a bad mold joke. Because all mold jokes are good.

Then my brain became infected with the general goings-on here at the Forum so I married Abigail. She's fine. So I finally followed through with Maru but I have the least marriage experience with her so hard to say if the glasses were worth it yet. Early indications are good.

But. But then there's Haley.

Yeah, well, she's the silliest of the marriage candidates so far. My favorite dialog stream so far in the game happened during Winter when she:

Got up early to feed the animals and water. Yeah, animals are already locked in Coop/Barn with Hay. Nothing growing in Winter (didn't plant Winter Seeds).
Wished she could do more on the farm. Ok, you get a pass on that one.
Started dusting. Outside. In the Winter.
Then remarked on how hot it was outside. In Winter.

Um.

Yeah, I think I finished the game.

Last edited:

Worblehat

Planter
New player, so this is mostly based on wiki research, but Maru is by far the best choice for me. I'm an astronomer, when I play computer games I tend to like blowing stuff up, and I like cats, so she's absolutely perfect! 😍

Haven't started planning game 2 yet since I'm still so early in my first game. "Always marry Maru!" will certainly be a tempting strategy, though...

bonjibean

Tiller
1. Sebastian, I love edgelords and theres something charming about the way he connects with the farmer in his heart events ;_;
2. Also Sebastian lol. I really like that he keeps his independence in the recent patches! seeing him work on his motorcycle always gives me warm fuzzies :frog:
3. Penny! I married her with a girl farmer and loved her and our two kids to bits and pieces jfdjkl;fd. I couldn't leave her to rot in her trailer lol
4. Sebastian! I'm starting a new save for the 1.5 update and guess who I'm pursuing? Sebastian lmao.
6. I was around for the 1.1 update and poll! I voted for the Wizard and Sandy, and still hold out hope that they might be added in the far future :heartrip:

Ereo

Helper
1. Penny, because she loves books and she needs a moment to herself before stepping into the library to interact with the kids.
2. Abigail, because she has purple hair and loves adventure.
3. Elliott, because he writes books, has great hair, and is so cheesy and romantic.

I think I'll go after Leah next. I like her independence and love for nature and simplicity.

First was Penny. The game seemed to be prompting me toward her. Her ten heart event won me over. I loved being able to fix the bus for her mom.
In another game, I fell for Leah. I found her secret note in the forest, then the cart had the poppyseed muffin, all while she was right there on the dock at the lake. She gave me coffee often.
I just started a new farm and I think I'm going for Alex. I never liked him much before, because of the bikini comment. But I accidentally gave him a potato and he likes me now. He's much different and nicer playing as a guy.
I will someday marry each spouse that does a thing or gives a special item. So that's penny, leah, alex, Sam, Emily, Abigail. Maybe marry and divorce each one to collect all the things. Actually I will probably marry each candidate eventually, I see myself playing every possibility and enjoying the game for many years.
However, I usually haven't married anyone. The spouses act weird, staring at chairs, repeating their dialog, walking weird paths like they forgot where our house is. And I really liked playing without ever expanding the original farmhouse. Just me and my cat in our tiny cottage.