Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Slytherin

• Gryffindor

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Ravenclaw

• Total voters
I am a Harry Potter fan. I posted this thread for fun.

-> Tell us why your personality best fits in one or two of four houses.
-> Feel free to rant about it.
-> Also, tell us which Harry Potter's characters relate to you the most.

If you know what house you belong to, you do not need to take a quiz.
If you are not sure which house of Hogwarts you are in, I suggest you google and quiz yourself. – I guarantee you there are many self-quiz websites such as BuzzFeed, time, and others.
-------------------

I am from the house of Slytherin. I am ambitious, and I am only motivated to work hard to compete with others.
I usually tend to hesitate to take action.– I love having a strategy.

The part I did not enjoy being a Slytherin...
I find out that being overly ambitious does not make your life happy.
Usually, ambition itself is not bad, but it usually follows with selfishness and envy. – it could slowly destroy your soul.

Not sure which one. Maybe Andromeda Tonks because I am trying to be a better person.

Last edited:
Although if I went to Hogwarts I would probably have been placed in the east campus due to social economic reasons. You know the one with Professor Shank who uses potion brewing class to make ***** and sell it to muggles behind the waffle house on fifth street or the defence against the dark arts teacher who uses firus glockonus instead of wands.

Side note harry potter (Daniel Radcliffe) years old. Something my wife still has problems processing

Although if I went to Hogwarts I would probably have been placed in the east campus due to social economic reasons. You know the one with Professor Shank who uses potion brewing class to make ***** and sell it to muggles behind the waffle house on fifth street or the defence against the dark arts teacher who uses firus glockonus instead of wands.

Side note harry potter (Daniel Radcliffe) years old. Something my wife still has problems processing
I want to add some references because you mentioned social-economic.
Despite that Slytherins are pure-blooded and wealthy, there is always some exception.
Tom Riddle or Severus Snappe, for example, was very poor and is half-blood.
He gained respect in the house of Slytherin.
He is a perfect fit to be part of the Slytherin community.

If you are a student from Hogwarts, you will always be placed in the dungeon with us.
It does not have to do with your blood or wealth for sure.
If you need money, I am sure you will get some sort of benefits similar to Tom Riddle or Severus Snape. (possible scholarship to buy you new books, wand, or extra pocket money)
I am sure there must be a reason why you were chosen. Maybe you will excel in magic or potion-making like Snape.
Who knows?

Last edited:
Due to the fact I don't like the books and my friends say that I'm fitting to ravenclaw so ravenclaw
Judging by your profile picture. I did sense some Ravenclaw from you. – without need some explanation.
Maru was you are probably an eccentric, intelligent, or straight-A.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
First off, Gryffindor and Slytherin are right out. Intrigue and power-grabbing are simply boring and lacking in payoff for the effort and risk. I love that you people exist to get this world moving forward, sideways, backwards, whatever but at least moving. Your job, not mine.

I fancy myself a Ravenclaw but in reality I'd have had zero chance competing as an intellectual as an 11 year old. I had that potential. It was not realized. I'm a Hufflepuff through and through. This is absolutely not to say that Hufflepuff is some catch-all for the failures to access the other Houses, as our lovely Cedric would attest to if he could be here.

Let's be brutally honest. Hufflepuffs are what make the world work and without us it would have destroyed itself long ago. Hufflepuffs find the common ground between the overarching ambitions of others and facilitate the ugly work of mediating the needs wants of all sides. In fact, that self-mandated social contract exists purely in our own interests as we appreciate the huge efforts of graduates of other houses which result in many of the magical advances which we 'puffs are happy to purchase at reasonable prices.

But really, you guys do all that other boring grindy effortwork.

We will stabilize society whenever possible and on occasion request a spot of help when the odd Dark Lord pops up every millennia or so. Not a big ask, really.

Oh, did I omit our emphasis on social and friend networks? Yeah. Our parties are really the stuff of Legends.

Sorry, you're not invited.

@Lew Zealand

HAHAHAHA thanks for calling us out.

Let me know if I am said it wrong.
I think you are a perfect Ravenclaw- Hufflepuff mixed.
Being Ravenclaw does not mean you have to be straight As.
There are many kinds of intelligence in Ravenclaw's world.
I see you as a really creative and emotionally intelligent person.
I think you are a mix of Luna Lovegood and Nymphadora Tonks. ((I removed the strike-through))

Well, Hufflepuffs are bad *sses. – they have the ability to roast everyone in the room.
Thanks for making our world a better place.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
I love Luna like a sister. If I were ever to do HP fanfic, it would be from her perspective. But that's probably been done to death by other more motivated individuals over the past 2 decades. However, writing an alternate-timeline not-dead Moaning Myrtle's story opens up giant possibilities as I feel she would have taken the role of Voldy's nemesis during their time at Hogwarts. She was never given the opportunity to grow into a fully realized human being. There's a lot of fun to be had there.

Tonks is more torn and I don't know if I could do her story justice. IRL I think I haven't had to put up with whatever is in her backstory to get her to the place she's at when introduced in Order of the Phoenix. Could be a fun challenge, though.

Last edited:
I want to be a Hufflepuff! Putting in effort and working hard are things I associate with them, I don't know if that's actually a Hufflepuff thing though, or just my weird mind thing. I am actually a Ravenclaw, was massively disappointed :cry:! But, I love learning! I love sharing what I learn! I will start new tasks just to learn something new.
I have always loved learning, but I prefer learning things on my own. Dealing with people is great and I get along with others well. But often I get sidetracked by a new project and things to learn. Kindda like Merlin from the seven deadly sins....
I don't know what character that I relate to either... Maybe Mrs. Weasley. But, that's more of a parental point of view and I love making things by hand. Making items for my kids for Christmas or their birthdays :heart: I think it is special and unique gifts to give them.

@FlyingCatPhillips
I guess it was not bad being a Ravenclaw because you are genuinely interested in learning something new.
That's a great quality to have. You deserve to be respected.
Unfortunately, some people nowadays do not have a genuine interest in learning. –They are only motivated to seek money, fame, and high position.
Just relax... you are better than them.

Last edited:
I always thought of Moaning Myrtle as a "tragic character" or "victim" because of her unfair death and background. @Lew Zealand
However, I agree she does have some interesting personality and I am curious how she would interact with voldy and other Slytherin bullies in her past.
As a Ravenclaw, she might have extraordinary talent.–which we never knew about...
I heard from speculation that Draco and Myrtle would be the greatest couple according to some fanfiction. LoL ~~~Just saying.

Last edited:
I don't know, Moaning Myrtle as a ghost had a pretty nasty mean streak. Combine that with intelligence and she could be the stuff of nightmares!
It's more or less bad luck as to her fate... Since Voldy was behind it, you can bet she was no friend of his....
Only her emotions seem to curb her mean streak. Yet even that, if she has made up her mind, she can be very cruel! I guess she learned how to be mean from her childhood bullies. But, maybe they taught her too well! Though she does not try to hurt or torment just anyone, that leaves the question as to her moral code. She is a very complex character, but vast amounts have been left shrouded in mystery. There is a lot of potential for fan fiction with Moaning Myrtle. A good writer can definitely make a really some awesome stories!

Wow, I would expect Gryffindor to be more popular. There is something to be said for bravery.
But I guess that is what makes Gryffindor so special. These people are truly rare and valuable treasures in society. After all true bravery makes diamonds look common.

The way I was told how the houses breakdown in real life
1. Gryffindor- firefighters, EMTs, police officers(aurorers) and lower to mid levels of military
2. Ravenclaw- scientist, doctors, engineers
3. Hufflepuff- the creatives, outsiders, restauranteurs, zookeepers
4. Slytherin- politicians, organized crime leaders, business owners, tacticians, lawyers, judges, civil servants and internet trolls

The way I was told how the houses breakdown in real life
1. Gryffindor- firefighters, EMTs, police officers(aurorers) and lower to mid levels of military
2. Ravenclaw- scientist, doctors, engineers
3. Hufflepuff- the creatives, outsiders, restauranteurs, zookeepers
4. Slytherin- politicians, organized crime leaders, business owners, tacticians, lawyers, judges, civil servants and internet trolls
This is nice for the generalizing it in easy simple concepts.
But by these standards I really should be a Hufflepuff :heart:
The official Pottermore test says Ravenclaw though.....

Does this mean I can just elect to be a Hufflepuff instead :flushed:
The options..... :proud:

i am the lone gryffindor but u know what i accept it

i took the pottermore test a few times long ago and got gryffindor each time so i feel the most cozy in it

SO IT"S YOU!! THE ONLY ONE GRYFFINDOR. Oh my!
That explains why you are an Administrator.–The police officer or military type.
Also, judging by your profile picture –you do look like a lion because of your big long hair. 🦁

Last edited: