Unofficial mod updates

Sethycakes

Greenhorn
Haven't tested it out - hope it works. 🤞
Hi, thank you so much for the update! It seems like this mod crashes because it's missing the 3 files json that are supposed to be automatically generated.

Seems to crash on entry :sweat:
If you have fish.json, fishTraits.json, and treasure.json from an older version of this mod, you can copy it to this mod folder and the mod will work!

Oh that would be good to know if there was, but not that i read in the last posts.
There is one but it is very buggy. So we have to wait until the (fatal) bugs are solved or loe2run is back.
Edit: I remember when the mod stopped to work. In content patcher 1.17 update a token that was used in the mod was removed. We just need to replace that token with something else.

Last edited:
Here's Family Planning updated for compatibility with Content Patcher 1.17 and later (see pull request).

Changes since 1.3.2:
  • Updated deprecated code so it won't break in Content Patcher 1.17.
  • Fixed its Content Patcher tokens changing value without a context update (which can cause odd behavior in content packs).
  • Simplified the code and made it more robust.
Does adopting children with your roommate work with this? If I enter the command it says unknown.

Galygious

Newcomer
Been trying to test the smapi mod integration on the new monogame beta update cause I've been looking into going to 64 bit and since its soon to be official I wanted to try it out.
the smapi.io says that the expanded preconditions should be working but when i try to run it i get a can't load dll error. have tried reinstalling and checked to make sure i was getting the right file but just can't seem to get it working. 20200819 smapi and running on the monogame update for stardew. any ideas? https://smapi.io/log/d022c15474e7486bbd6cb06165e1fd88

SigmaBunny

Tiller
Been trying to test the smapi mod integration on the new monogame beta update cause I've been looking into going to 64 bit and since its soon to be official I wanted to try it out.
the smapi.io says that the expanded preconditions should be working but when i try to run it i get a can't load dll error. have tried reinstalling and checked to make sure i was getting the right file but just can't seem to get it working. 20200819 smapi and running on the monogame update for stardew. any ideas? https://smapi.io/log/d022c15474e7486bbd6cb06165e1fd88
We need an update for that one to work with the beta. There are a lot of changes to the game between 1.5 and 1.5.5

Kitherit

Newcomer
Posting updates for Cat's mods, as updated by Pathoschild as seen in the following Pull Request.

Better Doors
Better Fruit Trees
Casks Everywhere
Geode Info Menu
Wind Effects
Stack Everything
Safe Lightning.

Range Display has been superseded by Data Layers.
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already, I tried to do a search but couldn't find anything. Have there been any additional updates to the Better Fruit Trees mod?

I just spent nearly 10k Gold on 3 fruit trees, and planted them. Nothing around them, except 2 have a stone path immediately next to them. This would have been fine, with this mod. I've done exactly the same thing in the past, thanks to the mod. But now, every morning I get spammed with messages that my fruit trees won't grow because they're being blocked!

So it seems like this mod just isn't working at all. Incredibly disappointing for me. I may load in a cheat mod, destroy the trees, give my character the "missing" saplings, save, and reload without the cheat mod. Just so I don't lose the trees. I'll find somewhere else to plant them.

But it'd be really great if there was a working update for this mod.

Edit: The version I'm using is on the post I quoted, 2.6.1. File name is BetterFruitTrees 2.6.1-unofficial.4-strobe.zip

Last edited:

Romualdo

Farmhand
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already, I tried to do a search but couldn't find anything. Have there been any additional updates to the Better Fruit Trees mod?

I just spent nearly 10k Gold on 3 fruit trees, and planted them. Nothing around them, except 2 have a stone path immediately next to them. This would have been fine, with this mod. I've done exactly the same thing in the past, thanks to the mod. But now, every morning I get spammed with messages that my fruit trees won't grow because they're being blocked!

So it seems like this mod just isn't working at all. Incredibly disappointing for me. I may load in a cheat mod, destroy the trees, give my character the "missing" saplings, save, and reload without the cheat mod. Just so I don't lose the trees. I'll find somewhere else to plant them.

But it'd be really great if there was a working update for this mod.

Edit: The version I'm using is on the post I quoted, 2.6.1. File name is BetterFruitTrees 2.6.1-unofficial.4-strobe.zip
I'm using the same mod, and get spammed as well, but the trees actually grow. You should try using a mod that tells you the day left, like UI info suite, and check for yourself, or plant your trees far from everything and use tree transplant or crop transplant, to move them once they're mature.

Kitherit

Newcomer
I'm using the same mod, and get spammed as well, but the trees actually grow. You should try using a mod that tells you the day left, like UI info suite, and check for yourself, or plant your trees far from everything and use tree transplant or crop transplant, to move them once they're mature.
I do have UI Info Suite, and it says they're not going to grow, too. But thank you so much for the Tree Transplant link! I thought there was a mod for that, but couldn't find it last night. (I was searching for things related to fruit trees, not just trees.) That will solve the problem nicely!!

Edit: I didn't know about the Crop Transplant mod either, or that it can be used on trees as well! Definitely a useful mod!

Last edited:

keaft

Newcomer
Haven't tested it out - hope it works. 🤞
Hey! Just tried to load it up and got:

Code:
[Teh's Fishing Overhaul] Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.Configs.ConfigFish.PopulateData()
   at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.<>c.<LoadConfigs>b__30_0()
   at TehPers.Core.Json.JsonApi.ReadOrCreate[TModel](String path, Action`1 settings, Func`1 modelFactory, Boolean minify)
   at TehPers.Core.Json.JsonApi.ReadOrCreate[TModel](String path, Func`1 modelFactory, Boolean minify)
   at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.LoadConfigs()
   at TehPers.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.Entry(IModHelper helper)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, ContentCoordinator contentCore, ModDatabase modDatabase) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1579
Full log: https://pastebin.com/Tz2wRvFH

Thanks for taking a look at this! :D This is seriously the most fun fishing experience I've ever had in a game.

Last edited: