Please Read Hello and Welcome!

heyboots

Greenhorn
He did but i think he didn't get all the sizes in there afaict. I posted a thread askin about the other ones.

PorkChop

Planter
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I have wanted this for eternity. I also think we'll be great friends because I make card games to.

PorkChop

Planter
There should also be expansion packs for the ginger islands and calico desert (unless those are already included).

HarmB

Cowpoke
Looking forward to seeing the results of all your work! Shipping to Hawaii is a little pricey, but I guess that's the price of Ginger Island. (and we're not counted as an international destination!)

In for one! Anxiously awaiting now!

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Anyone know how fast the shipping speed is?
The games are shipping from a warehouse is Florida so the closer you are to that, the faster you'll get your game. I think it took about a week, maybe a little more, for me to receive my copy in California. Appreciate your patience! Quartermaster (the warehouse and fulfillment company) are really great but as there is a surge of orders right now, there may be slight delays. Thanks!

Hello! The box weights 5.7 pounds. There's a lot packed inside. Hope that helps!
Thank you, helped a lot :)
I would be glad if you share more info about service you gonna use. I found some, but most of them says it's about 70-80$ to ship (international shipping is a robbery, I can send package like this in my country for just 3$ under 24h... having shipping more expensive than game doesn't sound good). Maybe I just found wrong websites for now.
The website I found https://www.myus.com/pricing/ asks "only" 35$ for France shipping

Rei

Tiller
What do you think about translation? There are many publishers who translate and publish board games. :)

Smurf

Greenhorn
Hello Colito and thx for your hard work on this. I am so looking forward to get my hands on this Product, sadly i live in Germany.
Some things you Guys might consider if you havent already:
- produce the Game in other languages or at least do some translations of the rulebook as a pdf as a lot of people love SV but cant speak english at all or just a little.
- If the covid Situation gets better maybe you can visit some of the huge Gamefairs/conventions like Spiel Essen. I think the game would be sold out very, very quick.
- I dont know how complex this is or if it is worth it but some companys like Wizards of the coast for example produce their products directly in other countrys so they dont have to handle the hole Tax, -transport, -laws things.

gnysek

Farmhand
produce their products directly in other countrys
Most of companies prints everything in China, then ship it using ships (which is super cheap - one container costs less than 100 normal shippings).
So, of course cheapest way would be to send whole container of board games to some warehouse in Europe and then sent it further to each country, but it's their business decision.

Rei

Tiller
That's not true. You can produce in EU, too. And some Publisher like Frosted Games or Pegasus try to produce in Germany. Ludofact is a leading manufacturer of board games in Germany.

Odin

Staff member
Most of companies prints everything in China, then ship it using ships (which is super cheap - one container costs less than 100 normal shippings).
So, of course cheapest way would be to send whole container of board games to some warehouse in Europe and then sent it further to each country, but it's their business decision.
As the website mentions, the Stardew Valley Board Game is printed in the USA. CA has said on twitter that they're going to be looking at making the game available for more regions: https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1364358665268908035

DesertBoots

Farmhand
I bought this game before I even finished reading Eric's post about it. SO EXCITED.
You too? Although, as I live by myself and it is "the kids" birthdays next month, THEY are the ones receiving it. It's all their fault I play Stardew anyway. I look forward to lurking via discord during a game in their LR.

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Hello Colito and thx for your hard work on this. I am so looking forward to get my hands on this Product, sadly i live in Germany.
Some things you Guys might consider if you havent already:
- produce the Game in other languages or at least do some translations of the rulebook as a pdf as a lot of people love SV but cant speak english at all or just a little.
- If the covid Situation gets better maybe you can visit some of the huge Gamefairs/conventions like Spiel Essen. I think the game would be sold out very, very quick.
- I dont know how complex this is or if it is worth it but some companys like Wizards of the coast for example produce their products directly in other countrys so they dont have to handle the hole Tax, -transport, -laws things.
I would absolutely love to visit Essen for the convention there, that is one of my dreams. Hopefully soon! I think these are all good suggestions, thank you for sharing them. We're investigating how we make the game more widely available to places outside the US. Thanks for your patience!

yohanan

Greenhorn
Is it possible to launch in other countries ?, I look forward to it with great affection. congratulations and thanks for the great work. :heart: