Unofficial mod updates

Flyff

Tiller
one of the most commonly used xnb unpacking tools, xnbhack, just makes an unpacked copy of the entire content folder at once so that might be what that advice was referring to
I'm using xnbcli to unpack the file tho.
🤔
but there's three file that xnbcli can't unpack while I trying to make an translate content patch for vanilla zh-CN to zh-TW

Kyora473

Greenhorn
So, just to confirm, BFAV is completely broken and abandoned now right? Or is someone still trying to make a working update before FAVR is released?

I'm not sure if I should delete all my BFAV mods. :(
I have it on good authority the individual behind FAVR will be releasing a converter tool of some kind for BFAV animals, to swap them over to FAVR.

Kyora473

Greenhorn
It's not hard at all imo
Thanks for the reply. As I soon found out though it'd be even easier to just make the thing that requires it use the recycling machine via PFM. As such with the help of TrentXV I managed to make a stopgap patch for Neonify's BFAV Fennecs. To keep things from getting messy, it can be found here.

kerouaille

Greenhorn
Hey guys!

EDIT: I've updated the mod following @Pathoschild guidelines, and using the updated source code available here - My code is committed there as well.

I've updated the attached file in this post for anyone referencing it.

Changes/Fixes in this update:

-Supports SDV 1.5.1, SMAPI 3.8.2;
-Fixes Golden Walnuts issues by avoiding the collection of those - My previous version still wrongfully collected 3 Golden Walnuts (Sorry!), they where at: Captain's Room (1) and Volcano Forge (2);
-Changes the Minimal harvest formula to allow a value higher than 1, up to the established Max value for the crop - increased per Farmer Level / Max Increase parameter;
-Grabs Ginger on all Island locations - New 1.5 forage item

My Previous/Original post follows:

I'm sorry for showing up just now, I've been trying to get my account validated since yesterday hahaha.

I've been following @Strobe and Deluxe Auto-grabber and I managed to get it to work with 1.5 without the need to replant any crops, with Global Forage set to ON and without causing issues with Golden Walnuts, I've uploaded my version below, it uses the source from here: https://github.com/Pathoschild/smapi-mod-dump/tree/1a8bafc1b62b8cb99f59384a0e9679366339803e/source/Deluxe%20Auto-Grabber/DeluxeGrabber

TL/DR:
-This version will not cause the DivideByZero Exception and will work 100% to collect global forage, it will not attempt to collect Golden Walnuts in the Island maps.
-This version does not yet attempt to grab new items from 1.5, if you guys could provide me a list of new item Id's of the new forageable items, I'd be glad to make this update.

I'd like to get in touch with @Strobe to make sure I'm using the same source he's using and collaborate to fully update the Mod, if you get this, PM me plz :)

Long story/Technical details:
-The DivideByZero Exception is caused by the maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel property of the Crop object being returned as 0 for Coffee beans and perhaps other Crops too. I don't know the previous version values (if anyone knows, let me know), so right now I've changed it so it either uses the existing value or, if it is zero, reverts to 1. This Exception literally stops the processing of the grabber on the start of each day, hence why we didn't get all the fruits from trees or forageable items, but still got a few.

-The Golden Walnuts are collected from a Bush Object, the original mod author coded Bushes to be collected when blooming, but made the types of berries static in code, so, in Sping, it collects Salmonberries, and in Fall, it collects Blackberries. However, this causes an issue with the new Golden Walnuts, because they are also collected from Bushes (the first one you get and a few others) but are neither Salmonberries nor Blackberries. If you are in either Spring or Fall, the previous code would just create the respective berry in your global grabber and delete the Walnut - So some of your Berries would actually be the Golden Walnut. - In case you already played in 1.5 with your savefile, you cannot get the Walnuts to be placed back, however, you can spawn them with CJB Item Spawner or, if you want, get a previous save from 1.4.5 and load into that one, your Golden Walnuts will be correctly in place when using this version of Deluxe Auto-Grabber.

I hope this can be helpful and I'd like to get your feedback, I plan on updating the mod to gather the new items and work better with the Islands, but for now, this will be functional.
Is there a way, or future way, for the auto-grabber to like only collect from crops and trees inside the greenhouse? I'd like to be able to automate the green tea at some point but I don't want the tea leaves (or anything in the greenhouse) to go to my global forage grabber. Just curious :)

PeachyKimchi

Farmhand
So I didn't update anything or make new sprites for the new stuff, just made it so the old one works with 1.5, I think. I hope it's ok!

Edit: I oopsed and uploaded the wrong one! This one should actually work I think!
Ok I also updated some of the other spites (and changed a couple things per my own preferences lol) so if anyone is interested in that one too

Attachments

Candlejack

Greenhorn
Is there a way, or future way, for the auto-grabber to like only collect from crops and trees inside the greenhouse? I'd like to be able to automate the green tea at some point but I don't want the tea leaves (or anything in the greenhouse) to go to my global forage grabber. Just curious :)
The global auto grabber should not grab anything thats inside the greenhouse. So you just need to put a deluxe auto grabber in the greenhouse, change the config to your liking (what to grab and the range) and you should be fine.

pheonixia29

Farmhand
Hi,

Is it possible to get an update for 'Custom Furniture'? On github it says the user abandoned this project. I need this mod to use several other mods.
Or is there step-by-step video instructions somewhere? I wouldn't mind trying to update mods myself, but I have never done it before, and am finding the written instructions challenging to follow.

Odin

Staff member

honorelle

Farmhand
Its a bit costly, I change the recipe to a bit cheaper, but this mod does that.

Caipa

Newcomer
Hey guys!

EDIT: I've updated the mod following @Pathoschild guidelines, and using the updated source code available here - My code is committed there as well.

I've updated the attached file in this post for anyone referencing it.

Changes/Fixes in this update:

-Supports SDV 1.5.1, SMAPI 3.8.2;
-Fixes Golden Walnuts issues by avoiding the collection of those - My previous version still wrongfully collected 3 Golden Walnuts (Sorry!), they where at: Captain's Room (1) and Volcano Forge (2);
-Changes the Minimal harvest formula to allow a value higher than 1, up to the established Max value for the crop - increased per Farmer Level / Max Increase parameter;
-Grabs Ginger on all Island locations - New 1.5 forage item

My Previous/Original post follows:

I'm sorry for showing up just now, I've been trying to get my account validated since yesterday hahaha.

I've been following @Strobe and Deluxe Auto-grabber and I managed to get it to work with 1.5 without the need to replant any crops, with Global Forage set to ON and without causing issues with Golden Walnuts, I've uploaded my version below, it uses the source from here: https://github.com/Pathoschild/smapi-mod-dump/tree/1a8bafc1b62b8cb99f59384a0e9679366339803e/source/Deluxe%20Auto-Grabber/DeluxeGrabber
DO NOT USE THIS MOD !!!! I REPEAT DO NOT USE !!! The author kinda mentioned it I think, but buffons like me will not realize it truly.
Or just NOT use Global forage !!
It will, for some reason that I do not know, only disappear your two Golden Walnuts atop the Forge !!
The issues is easy to check. Make a new game, Place a global Auto-Grabber, sleep, teleport with CBJ Cheater to the forge and you will lack two nuts. As its static in code you basically will end with a corrupted save file, imho.

llamamama

Tiller
Okay, here is the first pass. This mod patches the load and save routines so, please, test on a backup save, just in case.

I have added hooks so this mod will work with Change Professions. It is working, but it needs a little more tweaking to finish it up. I am also looking to add the Artisan Valley alcohol machines (Still and Infuser) to the bonus offered by the Winery building.

I noticed the code makes reference to a "Big Keg" and "Huge Keg", were they ever accessible in the game?
I'm not sure if others are having an issue with this unofficial update, or if it's a mod conflict I have, but this mod just doesn't work for me. I am able to build the winery (although the build function for that is somewhat glitchy), but am unable to enter it. It's as though the building has no entrance. I don't have any SMAPI errors, it simply doesn't work.

llamamama

Tiller
If you have the unofficial update of Deluxe Auto Grabber, then you can just put an auto-grabber in the greenhouse and it will collect only the greenhouse crops/fruits.

llamamama

Tiller
DO NOT USE THIS MOD !!!! I REPEAT DO NOT USE !!! The author kinda mentioned it I think, but buffons like me will not realize it truly.
Or just NOT use Global forage !!
It will, for some reason that I do not know, only disappear your two Golden Walnuts atop the Forge !!
The issues is easy to check. Make a new game, Place a global Auto-Grabber, sleep, teleport with CBJ Cheater to the forge and you will lack two nuts. As its static in code you basically will end with a corrupted save file, imho.
Not sure if it's the same unofficial update, but I used the frogfrag unofficial update that there's a link to in the posts on the mod's nexus page. I didn't seem to have any issues with golden walnuts and global forage. Also, if you have CJB Cheats already, you can always just give yourself 2 walnuts using that. Those walnuts are counted by Mr. Qi, so I don't think the error has much effect on gameplay.

Caipa

Newcomer
Not sure if it's the same unofficial update, but I used the frogfrag unofficial update that there's a link to in the posts on the mod's nexus page. I didn't seem to have any issues with golden walnuts and global forage. Also, if you have CJB Cheats already, you can always just give yourself 2 walnuts using that. Those walnuts are counted by Mr. Qi, so I don't think the error has much effect on gameplay.
Yes you can add two wallnuts, but your savegame Will be corrupted. For some like me that is an issue. True it has no uncircumventable gameplay effect, but it has a deep effect. And will show up under https://mouseypounds.github.io/stardew-checkup/. If you did not have said Issue you either allready collected them beforehand or not yet and will run into the issue. I just posted here as a warning since some, like me, might realise this too late and thus feel the need to remake the game ^^.