Unofficial mod updates

Flyff

Tiller
Thank you very much!!! ♥ (The hair styles has 3 bugged out bald options but i guess it's part of the pack.)
try to fix the hair part. but there's sth different on hairstyle2. I'm not sure the version 2 will work.
you can still use the vanilla folder's png to fix the bold part by yourself tho.

pamibunny

Greenhorn
XNB to CP (HELP)

I have a problem with a current hairstyle mod. I only have this png with me(Unpacked it using xnbcli) and I need help on making it a [CP] version. I've asked and read through the wikis but I still have 0 clues on how to type it in.

(I have the .png with me but I wont post it in until someone picks me/this up cus it's kinda embarrassing to ask hecc, If you want to waste your time helping me I can send u the png, thankies~ ♡ )

Allayna

Sodbuster
XNB to CP (HELP)

I have a problem with a current hairstyle mod. I only have this png with me(Unpacked it using xnbcli) and I need help on making it a [CP] version. I've asked and read through the wikis but I still have 0 clues on how to type it in.

(I have the .png with me but I wont post it in until someone picks me/this up cus it's kinda embarrassing to ask hecc, If you want to waste your time helping me I can send u the png, thankies~ ♡ )
It's fine to ask this sort of thing here, it's what this forum is for! What is the mod?

Flyff

Tiller
XNB to CP (HELP)

as the version 2 I post earlier. the content.json file make the change paste over the vanilla hairstyle 1&2 and shirts sprite.
you can see the action editimage and the location of vanilla file, then the modded sprite's location.
or an easier way. after editing the sprite, copy the content file and manifests file to a new folder. delet the line of shirts in content. make a assest folder, put your hairstyle sprite in.
then edit the manifest file of mod's name, author, describe, updatekey.

PeachyKimchi

Farmhand
Hi! I love the Peachy Objects mod and I was wondering if anybody would be able to update it to 1.5? Thank you in advance♥ https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4908
So I didn't update anything or make new sprites for the new stuff, just made it so the old one works with 1.5, I think. I hope it's ok!

Edit: I oopsed and uploaded the wrong one! This one should actually work I think!

Attachments

Last edited:

Prsim 99

Sodbuster
Today I got an error as I started hosting my multiplayer game:

[DailyTasksReport] This mod failed in the GameLoop.DayStarted event. Technical details:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DailyTasksReport.Tasks.ObjectsTask.EchoForMachines(StringBuilder& stringBuilder, Int32& usedLines) in Z:\SourceCode\Gaming\Stardew Valley\SVMods-master\SVMods-master\DailyTasksReport\Tasks\ObjectsTask.cs:line 264
at DailyTasksReport.Tasks.ObjectsTask.DetailedInfo(Int32& usedLines, Boolean& skipNextPage) in Z:\SourceCode\Gaming\Stardew Valley\SVMods-master\SVMods-master\DailyTasksReport\Tasks\ObjectsTask.cs:line 224
at DailyTasksReport.Report.GetReportText(List`1 tasks, Boolean showDetailedInfo) in Z:\SourceCode\Gaming\Stardew Valley\SVMods-master\SVMods-master\DailyTasksReport\Report.cs:line 34
at DailyTasksReport.ModEntry.GameLoop_DayStarted(Object sender, DayStartedEventArgs e) in Z:\SourceCode\Gaming\Stardew Valley\SVMods-master\SVMods-master\DailyTasksReport\ModEntry.cs:line 105
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args, Func`2 match) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 125
I added some extra error trapping in the offending section to try and narrow down the issue. Attached is a newer version with the extra code. It should report an entry in your task report prefixed with 'err:'. If you get the error again, if you could pass along the rest of the details of the error line, that would be super!!

Attachments

SexyNat

Greenhorn
Hey friends, would u be so kind and make a unofficial for The Chest Dimension, it is a amazing mod that has been dead for a while, and there is nothing like it.

Thanks in advance!

PurpleKiso

Greenhorn
Skill Prestige Mod (plus addons)

My first attempt at doing an unofficial update of anything. These are the Skill Prestige Mod and its three addons for Cooking, Luck, and Magic skills by Spacechase. Currently, you have to get Luck and Magic off Spacechase's Discord I believe.

If you set the UI scale crazy high, it might render offscreen? I haven't really "updated" it so much as grabbed the latest pull request version, moved up the dependencies and recompiled it. Works for me though, and I figured there might be someone else out there who's tearing their hair out. Unfortunately, I don't have a very recent save to test on, so it might be the case that it loses previous prestige points from 1.4 versions.
Hi! Thanks for the update
I'm having an issue where every in-game night it makes me choose profession again and again for skills that I have prestiged. Is this normal or some kind of bug?

Is this an appropriate place to ask for JA convert/updates?

If so I'd like to humbly request such for Who's furniture mod - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/5060?tab=posts ☺
I think it's ok to ask for JA conversions/updates here. Are you fine with the furniture losing functionality and not having all of them if they're converted to JA (just asking a rhetorical question, I don't think I'm able to convert it)? We can't convert the wall and carpet items to JA and we can't place JA craftables on tables either. Also, it'll make the crafting menu more cluttered. It is possible to convert it to JA through Bigger Craftables though (BC doesn't work with Content Patcher-Animations yet, so the sleeping cat item prob won't be animated for a while if it's converted).

Last edited:

pamibunny

Greenhorn
It's fine to ask this sort of thing here, it's what this forum is for! What is the mod?
It's a hairstyle mod from 2018, kinda outdated and it's outside the nexus. It was an xnb file but i've unpacked it and gotten the png. And idk what to do from here.

pamibunny

Greenhorn
as the version 2 I post earlier. the content.json file make the change paste over the vanilla hairstyle 1&2 and shirts sprite.
you can see the action editimage and the location of vanilla file, then the modded sprite's location.
or an easier way. after editing the sprite, copy the content file and manifests file to a new folder. delet the line of shirts in content. make a assest folder, put your hairstyle sprite in.
then edit the manifest file of mod's name, author, describe, updatekey.
I wish i can understand the knowledge you are sharing lool. I tried to read the wikis but i'm not that good. plus the pack you shared/fixed works perfectly already. ♡

Manalandy

Greenhorn
I think it's ok to ask for JA conversions/updates here. Are you fine with the furniture losing functionality and not having all of them if they're converted to JA (just asking a rhetorical question, I don't think I'm able to convert it)? We can't convert the wall and carpet items to JA and we can't place JA craftables on tables either. Also, it'll make the crafting menu more cluttered. It is possible to convert it to JA through Bigger Craftables though (BC doesn't work with Content Patcher-Animations yet, so the sleeping cat item prob won't be animated for a while if it's converted).
I personally wouldn't mind losing some items that are either unable able or are specifically difficult to convert. I don't mind a cluttered crafting menu either. ^-^As for BC, if it's down to that or an alternative method of conversion (that ideally has a working animated cat :cat2:) I'd prefer the latter. Thank you for your reply. :)

Flyff

Tiller
I wish i can understand the knowledge you are sharing lool. I tried to read the wikis but i'm not that good. plus the pack you shared/fixed works perfectly already. ♡
an easier way: use paint3d replace the haristyle png file in the mod assests folder that already worked.
example
hairstyles.png
(vanilla png)
let's pretend afro was the hairstyle you want.
then we cut it off from the mod's png.
and remove one hairstyle you want to replace. (I replace the fifth hairstyle in this case)
save the file. it will work when you trying to make a new farmer or change appearance
hairstyles.png
(edited)

Is the issue that you can't hatch an ostrich? I haven't been able to hatch an ostrich since installing the unofficial BFAV update. When I enter the barn after it's supposed to have hatched, I get the option to name the ostrich, but then the incubator is still going and there is no ostrich.
Thats what I've been seeing on the BFAV post page on nexus its what stopped me from loading this unofficial update. Along with an issue where they are turned into cows I really want to add more animals but I also don't want to have to uninstall it play a day when they hatch then reload it.

PaoPaoTheSiopao

Greenhorn
Is there anyone having some trouble with Child to NPC? I think it was what was referred to in the console window with the red text. The game doesn't load to the next day when I try to sleep. It just stays black and the smapi console window is just going on and on with red text. I have no idea what to do.

pamibunny

Greenhorn
an easier way: use paint3d replace the haristyle png file in the mod assests folder that already worked.
exampleView attachment 3658(vanilla png)
let's pretend afro was the hairstyle you want.
then we cut it off from the mod's png.
and remove one hairstyle you want to replace. (I replace the fifth hairstyle in this case)
save the file. it will work when you trying to make a new farmer or change appearance
View attachment 3659 (edited)
That's even more complicated. Someone said I have to unpack my whole content folder before doing this, now im really confused lool.

pamibunny

Greenhorn
XNB to CP (HELP)

Anyway, here's the png incase you know what to do x__x

Attachments

Flyff

Tiller
That's even more complicated. Someone said I have to unpack my whole content folder before doing this, now im really confused lool.
why? don't need to.
you know you want the hairstyle one why do you have to unpack whole content folder:hmm:
replace the png in assest folder of Dangan Ronpa mod. this should work.
or just use the zip file.
hairstyles.png
hairstyles2.png

edit: 2021/02/04 make some change on how it work. now you can choose to use sword art hairstyle or dangan's hairstyle in config file.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wingheart

Sodbuster
ou know you want the hairstyle one why do you have to unpack whole content folder
one of the most commonly used xnb unpacking tools, xnbhack, just makes an unpacked copy of the entire content folder at once so that might be what that advice was referring to