Help me choose: Harvey or Sebastian (or Korbus???)

Fireflydrake

Farmhand
It's been three years up here in this valley and I'm thinking of settling down... but I need help picking the winner of The Bachelorette: FARMER EDITION.

Harvey:
+ Omg what a cute dweeb
+ He keeps blushing every time I talk to him now dlsjslsj stop
+ His heart events have been cute and just the right amount of nerdy flirty with good character development
+ I hear his date is the crowning achievement in both regards
+ I feel he'd be a very cute husband and dad
- I feel like in terms of personal interests me and him don't have much in common... flying is cool but model plans and radios and health stuff ehhh. Tho I do think I could get him to play Chronicles of Solarion so there's that
- What if he tells me not to eat ice cream?!
- THAT MUSTACHE, HARVEY WHY

Sebastian:
+ Omg look at how pretty he is I just wanna touch his emo face
+ I love everything he's into: computers, nerdy tabletop games, rain, cool rocks, FROGGUS
+ I feel like being around him makes me cooler
- His family is, like, the worst
- Even at max friendship level I feel like he's not interested in me?? He just gives off cool silent nod in my direction vibes but I don't see him viewing me any different than, say, Abagail
- I hear as a husband you don't actually see him that much?? Having ur own life good, neglecting ur wife bad

And then there's KROBUS
+ Dawww look at him!
+ Interspecies friendship yayyy!
- Does he have much interaction with you after moving in tho?
- I hear he doesn't help with chores?? Bro plz :(
- I keep spelling his name as Korbus will this negatively affect my relationship
- His room is a literal sewer, I love you Krobus but u stank

So if any of you have thoughts on the matter plz help your guidance is appreciated!! Or heck if u think someone else / the single life is better, tell me that too (tho the only other bachelors I'd be interested in are Elliot and Shane and I hear Shane backslides after marriage... sad face... and Elliot's adorable as an author and friend but he seems a bit too spacey and old fo me)

PS also can someone tell me kinda spoiler lite what having kids is like?Do they require significant mothering like a chicken or are they like my cat where I pet them every now and then and earn mother of the year awards

Alfyna

Sodbuster
Harvey is the sweetest man alive and makes an incredible in-game spouse. There's no contest here imho. :harvey: Harvey never complains about helping out around the farm, offers to give you massages after a hard day's work, frequently fixes you breakfast (even on his own birthday!!!) looks after the dog, goes shopping "to continue to cook healthy meals" for you, and still maintains a fairly interesting schedule after marriage by visiting the clinic and taking walks around town. tbh I don't understand how anyone has the stomach to choose anyone else. He's... kind of the perfect man.

The kids are hit or miss for most people. They're cute and you can do some cute things with them (dressing them up, buying them toys to play with etc) but they can also be a little immersion-breaking as they never age beyond toddlerhood. If you're the type to RP your games and like to imagine actual time is passing in your story, I'd skip the kids as it's a little jarring to still have tots running around your house ten in-game years later. If you don't mind that element, though, they cause about as little/as much disruption as your dog, occasionally (cutely) getting underfoot but otherwise not bothering you in any significant way.

I think my biggest complaint personally, if you can call it that, is having the spousal dialogue changing more to reference the kids. Which is normal, obviously, but I really do just enjoy having the spouse all to myself to be honest. For the optimal experience, I would marry your husband and remain childless for several in-game years so you can see how much you enjoy it, then figure out if it's worth it to you to have the kids.

Fireflydrake

Farmhand
@Alfyna massages??? Cooking?!? TAKING CARE OF THE PETS!?!

Ok I'm pretty darn near convinced haha, thank you for the insider info! ❤

Appreciate knowing about the kids too! I'm on Switch waiting for the 1.5 update and then I'll probably put in another two years on this file before heading off to Ori / A Short Hike / revisiting my Hades harem, so maybe I'll have one year of Harvey time and one year of kid time. A nice time of everything before I retire. ❤

Thanks again for the input!!Forget the pandemic and financial insecurity, nothing's as stressful as committing to a fictional man and you've eased that struggle, lmao.

Alfyna

Sodbuster
@Alfyna massages??? Cooking?!? TAKING CARE OF THE PETS!?!

Ok I'm pretty darn near convinced haha, thank you for the insider info! ❤

Appreciate knowing about the kids too! I'm on Switch waiting for the 1.5 update and then I'll probably put in another two years on this file before heading off to Ori / A Short Hike / revisiting my Hades harem, so maybe I'll have one year of Harvey time and one year of kid time. A nice time of everything before I retire. ❤

Thanks again for the input!!Forget the pandemic and financial insecurity, nothing's as stressful as committing to a fictional man and you've eased that struggle, lmao.

OMG PICKING AN IN-GAME SPOUSE IS TOTALLY THE MOST STRESSFUL THING EVER LOLOL. It's an honest RP commitment! I mean, I knew Harvey was the guy for me the instant I found out he was the town's doctor, but man did he go above and beyond to prove how good that decision was. Give me a hundred files and I'll marry him a hundred times.

This game is actively, emotionally getting me through this pandemic, so you better believe I've been white-knuckling this console waiting for that update to come out too. Here's hoping it's before January ends.

Harvey is the sweetest man alive and makes an incredible in-game spouse. There's no contest here imho. :harvey: Harvey never complains about helping out around the farm, offers to give you massages after a hard day's work, frequently fixes you breakfast (even on his own birthday!!!) looks after the dog, goes shopping "to continue to cook healthy meals" for you, and still maintains a fairly interesting schedule after marriage by visiting the clinic and taking walks around town. tbh I don't understand how anyone has the stomach to choose anyone else. He's... kind of the perfect man.

The kids are hit or miss for most people. They're cute and you can do some cute things with them (dressing them up, buying them toys to play with etc) but they can also be a little immersion-breaking as they never age beyond toddlerhood. If you're the type to RP your games and like to imagine actual time is passing in your story, I'd skip the kids as it's a little jarring to still have tots running around your house ten in-game years later. If you don't mind that element, though, they cause about as little/as much disruption as your dog, occasionally (cutely) getting underfoot but otherwise not bothering you in any significant way.

I think my biggest complaint personally, if you can call it that, is having the spousal dialogue changing more to reference the kids. Which is normal, obviously, but I really do just enjoy having the spouse all to myself to be honest. For the optimal experience, I would marry your husband and remain childless for several in-game years so you can see how much you enjoy it, then figure out if it's worth it to you to have the kids.
Same but in my save he almost never referenced my in game kid Holly. Only a few times he did. And how do you buy your kids toys?

Last edited:

rippytrippy

Planter
hhh. i married Sebastian and I can confirm he's not at home a lot and he doesn't act super duper romantic and loving all the time. I also don't see him doing much with our son or talking about him much,,,

He's very sweet though and I do love the man

Harvey is definitely adorable and caring, I imagine since he's a doctor he would be a great father
and Krobus is just a roomie. I honestly would rather be married than have a roomate that won't ever do chores anyway

Alfyna

Sodbuster
hhh. i married Sebastian and I can confirm he's not at home a lot and he doesn't act super duper romantic and loving all the time. I also don't see him doing much with our son or talking about him much,,,

He's very sweet though and I do love the man

Harvey is definitely adorable and caring, I imagine since he's a doctor he would be a great father
and Krobus is just a roomie. I honestly would rather be married than have a roomate that won't ever do chores anyway
Yeahhh, Krobus is definitely a bro, but the fact that he brings his sewer along with him and isn't in a hurry to help around the rest of the house either is kind of a deal-breaker. 😂

I'm currently wooing Sebastian but I'm also not looking for a super lovey-dovey spouse. It sounds like Harvey might better fit what you are looking for (at least from your pluses and minuses) but honestly both are good choices!

Good luck and please update us once you decide!

Shane isn’t as detached after marriage as some people say he is, and he gives the occasional compliment or “I love you.” The fact that he doesn’t say it often makes it more special when he does :bchicken: :shane::heart:

ISSsloth

Farmer
I never intended to have Krobus as my roommate, but I found myself going into the sewers nearly daily once I unlocked them. If I could just adopt some kids with him I'd become his roommate as soon as possible. I don't have all that much opinion on the other spouses though.

Fireflydrake

Farmhand
I'm currently wooing Sebastian but I'm also not looking for a super lovey-dovey spouse. It sounds like Harvey might better fit what you are looking for (at least from your pluses and minuses) but honestly both are good choices!

Good luck and please update us once you decide!
I'm going with Harvey because I'm a pretty princess and deserve to be PAMPERED

Jokes aside, while both have good points, Harvey feels like he has things pretty figured out and is a good match for my work hard play hard tomboy farm girl. I like Sebastian but he feels like he's still figuring out what he wants from life. He reminds me of myself and my nerdy friends--I love them all but none of us are married because we aren't at that level yet. Unlike my PRO MILLIONAIRE CHKN RANCHER who clearly is doing something right, ha!

Good luck with Seb tho he is super cute! I will always fondly remember hunting him on the first day based just on his tiny social tab praying plz be an emo boy not a girl plz be an emo boy not a girl and then shrieking when he was, haha.

Maw

Farmhand
Not sure, but I think the reason I didn't get the "Find every Stardrop" acheivement is because I had Krobie as a roommate and got the 14-hearts Stardrop from him instead of a spouse. I literally have every acheivement in that save file, but that last thing didn't unlock. :cry:

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I just wanted to say I was very confused by the "Sebastian isn't home a lot" line... he's at home every day except fridays and mondays, and most spouses are away on mondays! You can catch him out by his bike on saturday, if you're having trouble looking for him. he may disappear randomly now if you're playing 1.5 and have the island unlocked but that goes for all the spouses too.

It sounds like you chose Harvey, and he deserves all the love-- he's really underrated! But just saying too that Sebastian is a really sweet and loving husband, very attentive, and has some of the most romantic lines as a spouse IMO

Fireflydrake

Farmhand
"You saved me from a lifetime of loneliness." :harvey: "You... you mean the world to me."

A+ CHOICE, 10/10 RECOMMEND FOR PAMPERING
yeeeSSSSssss

also found out he likes ice cream so hopefully won't make me eat health food ALL the time 100000/10

@Magically Clueless I'm going to start a multiplayer round with my friends sometime soon and maybe I'll go for Seb then!! I do like him, hence why I was so undecided haha. People made somegreat points to convince me of Harvey but honestly I was already leaning that way because in game Seb just still seems like a good friend at 8 hearts while Harvey is a blushing mess every time I talk to him now. Heh! ////

Alfyna

Sodbuster
yeeeSSSSssss

also found out he likes ice cream so hopefully won't make me eat health food ALL the time 100000/10
(wait, does he like ice-cream? 😅 He dislikes it in mine...)

But he does know how to party hearty with wine, truffle oil, spaghetti, and literally anything pickled. I mean dude likes his healthy meals but when he and my character were dating he lived on nothing but coffee, so I think he's just making up for years of mainlining caffeine by taking care of you better than he took care of himself.

Same but in my save he almost never referenced my in game kid Holly. Only a few times he did. And how do you buy your kids toys?
It's just those little bear and jumino plushies you can snag from the crane game in the theatre. When I set them down my kid sometimes jets to them, but I can't tell if it's a programmed response or just pure coincidence. Either way it makes my RP brain happy in that file.

Last edited:
I'm going with Harvey because I'm a pretty princess and deserve to be PAMPERED

Jokes aside, while both have good points, Harvey feels like he has things pretty figured out and is a good match for my work hard play hard tomboy farm girl. I like Sebastian but he feels like he's still figuring out what he wants from life. He reminds me of myself and my nerdy friends--I love them all but none of us are married because we aren't at that level yet. Unlike my PRO MILLIONAIRE CHKN RANCHER who clearly is doing something right, ha!

Good luck with Seb tho he is super cute! I will always fondly remember hunting him on the first day based just on his tiny social tab praying plz be an emo boy not a girl plz be an emo boy not a girl and then shrieking when he was, haha.
This makes me want to create a new save file just to crate a character to marry Harvey. I have been convinced of his worth as a spouse now after reading this thread. Thanks!

Yeah, my fiancé is a lot like Sebastian so that probably played into my choice. We are both young and stupid but completely committed to a future together. Better stumbling through life together than alone!

Cuusardo

Farmer
Sebastian seems like the perfect spouse for a farmer who's always busy doing stuff. He enjoys spending time by himself, which is easier to do when you live outside of town. He works and keeps himself entertained. He's happy with getting a little attention once a day and the occasional gift.

A Junimo

Planter
Sebastian
Sebastian
Sebastian
And-did I mention Sebastian?! :sebastian: :sebastian: :sebastian: :sebastian: :sebastian: :sebastian: :sebastian: :sebastian: :sebastian:
Not until very recently did I bother to experience how great married life is with Sebby. Before a few days ago, I was never really interested in him. But my cousin finally got me to at least befriend him, and before I knew it I found myself divorcing Sam (awkward for him I know), dating Sebastian and, well-the rest is history :proud:. We have two beautiful kiddos together **props to the 'Babies Take After Spouse' mod!!**
Let me explain: Sebastian may not be home as much as the other spouses, but how do you have all that time on your hands, anyways? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have a farm to run! People to interact with! And **spoilers** to explore!! You can't just amble around your house all day! :toothy:
And in the time that both of you are together, he's incredibly sweet and loving, but still partly independent: he stays true to his own life and dreams, which is more than I can say for some of the other bachelors. His family isn't all that bad, actually-who wouldn't want to have Robin as your mother-in-law? Maru's awesome, and Demetrius is fine once you marry Seb.
As an added bonus, with a little haircut, those looks of his are a total package ;)
Meanwhile, though, Harvey has THE BEST personality, and he actually goes off and works a physical job. Yes, Sebastian programs, but, let's be real; it's still kinda nice when your husband actually has places to go and things to do. However, Harvey's physical appearance and age are....nah. #The dreaded mustache. Enough said. (I know I'm being shallow right now but L :laugh: L)
Krobus is....I dunno, really! I let him move in once and it just wasn't as satisfying as having a human spouse. I view him more as my different but cool friend, one that I always like to visit during the middle of my daily errands.
Kids, as of 1.5, don't do much. I mean, you can dress them up and hug them, and they show up in your Social tab...but without mods, they look very average, and can't talk or interact with you/the world-other than running around the house, forever a mini Peter-Pan. There has, however, been some talk of changing this in a future update...

yeeeSSSSssss

@Magically Clueless I'm going to start a multiplayer round with my friends sometime soon and maybe I'll go for Seb then!! I do like him, hence why I was so undecided haha. People made somegreat points to convince me of Harvey but honestly I was already leaning that way because in game Seb just still seems like a good friend at 8 hearts while Harvey is a blushing mess every time I talk to him now. Heh! ////
Look. He dislike ice cream https://stardewcommunitywiki.com/Ice_Cream