If 1.5 only added one new feature, what would you want it to be?

Cody_Salisbury

Greenhorn
I would like the ability to terraform your farm (Like Animal Crossing) or the ability to customize your farm before you start, that way the game has even more replay value.

A random thing I would like is bathrooms in all the houses, I don't know why I just thought it is odd that all the houses didn't have bathrooms lol.

The biggest feature I would like is an expanded map, more things to do, explore and find. But that is more of a dream, I like the map as it is at the moment though after 233 hours I did wish the map was bigger.

Also the ability to play billiards on the pool table, then if you win 10 times against other villagers or something you could win it and put the pool table in your house. Also, Darts would be cool, or anymore mini-games that I could play to give me another 100 hours of playtime.

Hedges, pet events and multiplayer minigames (such as you can verse other players in blackjack at Sandy's) would be amazing.

But at the moment anything little or small added to Stardew Valley is amazing and the game is pretty much perfect.

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
The biggest feature I would like is an expanded map, more things to do, explore and find. But that is more of a dream, I like the map as it is at the moment though after 233 hours I did wish the map was bigger.
I'd definitely be interested in being able to expand your farm somehow late in the game :)

Bananapaws

Sodbuster
I wouldn't mind getting more background on some of the characters, finding out more about who they are and where they came from. Like in my head, I've decided that Shane is Jas's biological father. That he donated his Shane Juice so that his best friends, her parents, could have a child. They made him Godfather in appreciation. But then they were killed and he now has Jas and isn't sure how to tell her that he's her father or sure that she deserves that kind of burden. Yeah, I get way too into this game at times. I've also decided that Linus is actually the "Joja" of "Joja Cola" and no one knows he started the whole thing and then fled when it became soulless.

TheHaboo

Tiller
Weapon Mechanic overhaul in conjunction to what Ian said. Daggers are useless because you have to get up close and personal with the monster, but you lack any sort of mechanism to Dodge/Block/Perry/Save yourself. Hammers are lack luster in terms of choice, but they do have a nice mechanism. Slingshots are way too difficult to control
I'd agree with the dagger being trash and the slingshot being difficult to learn how to use (Min/maxers of the game got it nerfed in 1.4.1 for it being stupidly OP with explosive ammo) and I do think a weapons rebalance should be a thing but hammers are by far the best weapon type. most people are unaware but they have a quirk with it's special ability that allows for multiple hits during the animation by spamming the primary attack. with a fast enough trigger finger most enemies can be 1 combo. Did I also mention it's an AOE attack. Not a bug/glitch CA addressed it in the 1.4.1 patch notes referred to as "club slam repeat quirk " which fixed bugs surrounding it.

Also an example of it:

Last edited:

SgtPickles

Tiller
more weapons, vegetables and more items to craft
Something to tickle your brain with: In game development and design, more of X does not exactly equate to "more content". If a crop is added, and its just a different sprite with a different growth cycle, it's not exactly memorable.

Now consider the new rice crop. You can grow this as an irrigated crop, or a non-irrigated crop. The growth cycle is lessened by the irrigation. In addition, you don't have to maintain it. And on top of that, you harvest it and then can throw it into the Mill. This reinforces the use of a Mill as it generates an existing item that's used for cooking: Rice.

Don't get me wrong though, if more of X adds variations to your decision making and how you play the game, then it truly is adding more. Otherwise, less can be more :wink:

goboking

Rancher
What I would love to see in 1.5, in no particular order.

Cooking Skill and Minigame
It would be cool if Cooking was an actual skill and I'd enjoy it a great deal more if there was a minigame involved. The miningame could determined the quality of the dish (basic, silver star, gold star, iridiuim star).

Bug Collecting
Give us a net and let us collect bugs (which could be displayed in the museum). Fireflies could be out during summer nights, grasshoppers could be in tall grass, dragon flies near water, bees near flowers, beetles could be in trees, etc.

New Area to Explore
I'd love to explore a bayou with new plants, forageables, and freshwater fish. But really, I'd be happy with any new map to explore.

Tropical Farm
A beach farm would be amazing. It could have a significantly reduced farming area, but could offer beach forageables, saltwater fishing, and allow us to grow palm trees.

Stardew Valley Tribune subscriptions
I hate having to run to Pierre's every day to check for quests. I'd happily pay to subscribe to the Stardew Valley Tribune if it listed daily quests in a Help Wanted section. It could also review festivals, report on things like meteor strikes or UFO sightings, and feature interviews with Pelican Town citizens in which they flesh out a bit of their backstory and give hints about their liked/loved gifts.

plsbenicetome

Greenhorn
I want more customization/decoration stuff. I want to decorate the greenhouse with tea tables and such, and also to be able to have doors instead of fences.

plsbenicetome

Greenhorn
What I would love to see in 1.5, in no particular order.

Cooking Skill and Minigame
It would be cool if Cooking was an actual skill and I'd enjoy it a great deal more if there was a minigame involved. The miningame could determined the quality of the dish (basic, silver star, gold star, iridiuim star).

Bug Collecting
Give us a net and let us collect bugs (which could be displayed in the museum). Fireflies could be out during summer nights, grasshoppers could be in tall grass, dragon flies near water, bees near flowers, beetles could be in trees, etc.

New Area to Explore
I'd love to explore a bayou with new plants, forageables, and freshwater fish. But really, I'd be happy with any new map to explore.

Tropical Farm
A beach farm would be amazing. It could have a significantly reduced farming area, but could offer beach forageables, saltwater fishing, and allow us to grow palm trees.

Stardew Valley Tribune subscriptions
I hate having to run to Pierre's every day to check for quests. I'd happily pay to subscribe to the Stardew Valley Tribune if it listed daily quests in a Help Wanted section. It could also review festivals, report on things like meteor strikes or UFO sightings, and feature interviews with Pelican Town citizens in which they flesh out a bit of their backstory and give hints about their liked/loved gifts.
The tribune idea is great. I hope concernedape will consider it.

Cakie

Newcomer
I'd love to have the option to select different skins/appearances for sheds, chests, and flower pots. I like decorating my farm to look like my own mini town but the sheds all look the same outside. Being able to select different styles for it would make the farm more unique.

YouLost999Items

Greenhorn
I'm sure 1.5 will have at least two or maybe even three new features in it. But if it was only going to have one, and you got to decide, what would you add to the game?
To be able to move buildings from your farm I guess, that you don't have to go to Robin everytime.

SushiCat12

Greenhorn
I think the thing I would love the most would be some sort of progress on the town and villagers as the years roll by. Something like rival marriages and children, breakups and divorces, new people coming into town and other leaving, new buildings, etc. This way everything would seem more alive.

GemR

Greenhorn
*spoiler warning*

Thank you for your reply but I would like to politely disagree. Linus has complained a few times about his tent getting destroyed or things thrown at it by kids etc. The trailer wouldn't change his free way of life at all but would be more secure and warmer.

It could give him a character arc of humility in accepting it even though he usually doesn't like being seen as charity as it is for him a life choice. Also it would be a nice way of the community accepting and showing affection for Linus when he has always felt cast out by them.

GemR

Greenhorn
I'm a PS4 player and have noticed that PC players do get some perks over console players. An example I think is a bit unfair is that they can access the community centre boards in their menu screen and also the achievements too when PS4 players can't. These screens are useful to gameplay, can they please be included to PS4 and other consoles too?

Last edited:

arthurrocha

Cowpoke
Something to tickle your brain with: In game development and design, more of X does not exactly equate to "more content". If a crop is added, and its just a different sprite with a different growth cycle, it's not exactly memorable.

Now consider the new rice crop. You can grow this as an irrigated crop, or a non-irrigated crop. The growth cycle is lessened by the irrigation. In addition, you don't have to maintain it. And on top of that, you harvest it and then can throw it into the Mill. This reinforces the use of a Mill as it generates an existing item that's used for cooking: Rice.

Don't get me wrong though, if more of X adds variations to your decision making and how you play the game, then it truly is adding more. Otherwise, less can be more :wink:
That's cool, i understand you, i just love to see news sprites in the game they are beautiful, just excited for the next update!