A new farm type is confirmed + customizable game options!

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
See our 1.5 Update Progress hub for everything announced so far!

The latest tweet from ConcernedApe reveals quite a few exciting things for the upcoming 1.5 Update!

Some other replies regarding the update:

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
Hm, I wonder if that remix option can also give players an opportunity for a new challenge? By selecting remix, but not ticking "guaranteed Year 1 completable?" Wow, I might actually have to consider restarting now! This looks amazing!

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
I'm also wondering if his farm name and favorite thing in the character creation screenshot could be hinting at anything. Granted, they could just be totally random words, but who knows? Maybe they're actually significant? Sauce, possibly be something new you can make? Mole, potentially alluding to Dwarf content?

Last edited:
I am so excited! I just hope the characters won't change much [except Willy(the door)]. My favorite person is perfect and I don't want to see anyone changing him.

sonic_melon

Greenhorn
my body is ready :bread: !! Imo, this farm type is going to best for non-crop meta; fish to the bone year one and rush artisan gudz / ranch life. Oh and probably marry Elliott, per prophecy. Now this comes from someone who only mines and fishes so I actually do not know how farming works but I think you can go artisan without much crop. Greenhouse will be available too so if wine is a thing then you can always use this for automation/sprinklers.

Kurachi84

Planter
i dunno, no sprinklers might be a deal breaker for me
I'm using mods, CJB Cheats Menu mod auto waters, but i agree with you for the people who don't or can't use mods

I'm happy with a new farm map, hoping it's big enough with tillable tiles... which i hope will be on the other farm maps, too, eventually.
But i'm willing to make a new character.... i mean, gonna delete them all again, anyway, to have a new start with even more!
I can use the Monster Spawn option, just will only use it on a character i plan on making based on a strong fighter.
If it has enough water and tillable spaces, i'll probably make a few more on that map(and on the others if they ever get an upgrade for more tillable spaces), instead of mostly standard and four corners.
Also, the better crab pot mod will help with water, haha!

I wonder if i should have the character based on my father on the beach map, as he loves calm places of mother nature.

Oh, i just read on twitter "not much"... skip :(

At least will have a few randomized bundles with year 1 CC, and maybe some without year guarantee.
I make many characters, so i'd love more options, haha.... just the beach one not having much farming space is a waste, which is what many more people think, it seems.

I'm waiting for more details for other stuff i may like.

imnvs

Local Legend
I had a farm started, just a couple days in, waited to play more after the update dropped... but now I may have to delete and restart that one, which won't hurt at all, so NBD.

If I remix, I'll probably always use the 1 year guarantee. It would be annoying to see things necessary for bundles I'd normally be completing year 1 suddenly not able to be completed until year 2 just because something does not become available until then (as some bundles are already). In fact, it would be interesting to remix and use the guarantee just to cause those bundles to be completable earlier.

Kurachi84

Planter
I had a farm started, just a couple days in, waited to play more after the update dropped... but now I may have to delete and restart that one, which won't hurt at all, so NBD.

If I remix, I'll probably always use the 1 year guarantee. It would be annoying to see things necessary for bundles I'd normally be completing year 1 suddenly not able to be completed until year 2 just because something does not become available until then (as some bundles are already). In fact, it would be interesting to remix and use the guarantee just to cause those bundles to be completable earlier.
I always wait to complete it for Kent so the effect of the Bulletin Board reward will affect everyone.

Boo1972

Farmer
I’m surprisingly excited for the beach farm. I always farm a lot and really rely on my sprinklers so I think the beach farm will get me out of my comfort zone.

Unfortunately, I’ve already married Elliot so I will have to court someone else. Maybe Leah who loves the sound of the ocean? Or Alex who loves to hang out on the beach? Decisions, decisions.

Uzzlegorf

Farmer
I’m surprisingly excited for the beach farm. I always farm a lot and really rely on my sprinklers so I think the beach farm will get me out of my comfort zone.

Unfortunately, I’ve already married Elliot so I will have to court someone else. Maybe Leah who loves the sound of the ocean? Or Alex who loves to hang out on the beach? Decisions, decisions.
Taking Elliott out of his beach house just to move into another beach house is a mean joke...