A new farm type is confirmed + customizable game options!

Ereo

Helper
Taking Elliott out of his beach house just to move into another beach house is a mean joke...
But he likes the beach and misses it when you marry him:
Elliot said:
The sound of rain, in some tiny way, reminds me of my cabin by the beach. The farm is wonderful, but I do miss the sound of the ocean.

starbrite

Sodbuster
This is super exciting!! I'm still not gonna restart my game yet (I want to get married for once, goodness! And hopefully this upset doesn't destroy my saved game either Lol), but the new beach map sounds interesting and so does the remix mode. It definitely adds more replayability and more things to do, which I'm all for.

But! Having a beach farm with Sebby while watching the sunset over the waves does sound nice for roleplay purposes... I might lowkey make a second save file just to rush marry him to get an idea for the beach farm. The no sprinklers thing though will defo force a fish, animals, very few crops for artisan route which might be pretty fun and a different approach from the normal farm I set up (a million blueberries on every available plot of soil for blueberry jam lol). I'm just wondering what the actual layout will look like 🥴. It says "plenty of space" but I'm wondering if a lot of the "space" is water.
Also... now that I think about it more... I made most of my money on all my saves from artisan goods from crops, but with no sprinklers = less crops = less moneys, so now I'm thinking beach farm might just be best for fishing and animals/animal goods? And the random forage + things found in washed up crates can be sold.

Ereo

Helper
And Leah likes the sound of the ocean.
Seb goes there when it's raining and Alex mentions it too.

Probably everybody likes beaches.

Boo1972

Farmer
Haley is also fond of beaches.
I have a farm I play with my youngest and we are set to marry Haley. Except my son, being five really wants to put everything he owns on display in his house. ( Me: Can I take a scarecrow out of the kitchen to protect our crops? Him: How will I have a scarecrow friend then!) I feel like this style of home decor may be too messy for Haley and frankly everyone. Maybe this farmer is destined to live alone.

Any of the marriage candidates would probably be happy on the beach since they all seem happy to live on your farm in general. It’s hard to chose.

Kurachi84

Planter
I've seen the just(wasn't there last time i posted here) added number of tiles on the Beach farm, which is 2700, so i'll use it.
As i said, i use the cheat menu mod, but people without mods may want to use sprinkler there, too.
Maybe some way to make them work there would be fun? Like a special sprinkler tile, like flooring, or the best sprinkler only?
Just some ideas here.

@Boo1972 You can take Krobus, who's not really doing much, anyway XD
Also, i always put the Skeleton Statue from the Museum in one of the 2 beds, and the spouse i'm living with is gonna look at it a lot.
Standing still, just looking at it, as if it's a person they take care of, haha. The other bed had Lg. Futan Bear in it, just for fun.
Glad we can take away the beds and crib now

Man, many spoilers now, haha. I don't want to have people angry over something they wanna see by themselves :)
Have fun, all!

goboking

Rancher
Any of the marriage candidates would probably be happy on the beach since they all seem happy to live on your farm in general.
While that's true, I'm assuming Haley's beach-themed wallpaper suggests she, like Elliot, has a deeper affinity for surf and sand.