The Seaside Farm Layout

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
Alright folks,

In another thread, I detailed certain things I would like to see in 1.5. I mentioned a few items, but this suggestion here would probably be on the top of my list.

I live on an island, and I come from an even smaller island community so being on or near the ocean is very comforting to me. That's why I would love to see Seaside or Beach farm map. Much like with the other maps, this map would share similarities to the beach, much like the mountain top layout shares qualities with the mines, and the forest map shares quality with.. well, the forest. So that means there'd be open sea water were one could catch fish, and utilize pots/traps. This could also be a nice way to introduce a boat type system, to travel around the waters, finding little things here and there on quests, but that might be expecting to much. Anyway, being that it's on the beach of sorts, you'd find the usual items of forage, Coral, Sea Urchin, Shells.. etc. It could be a unique opportunity to add a new item specific to the map, such as messages in a bottle, that could lead us on quests or send us off to find hidden items scattered throughout the various in game locations. Or it could be a new type of foraged item, for example, Starfish!

The layout itself in terms of farming, much like the other non-default maps would be a little more limited. So what I did is made a basic template of the layout. It's very rough but you can get the idea. If I had access to the graphic tiles from the game I would try and peace it together personally but I don't have that.
full_background_altered.jpg

That's my idea. I think it'd be a fun map, especially for those who don't normally focus on filling a field full of crops. As I mentioned, I would also love a sort of Boat travel system in place, or to utilize for fishing purposes, for catching deep water fish like Cod, Marlin, or Snow Crab. It'd also be an opportunity to add a new Legendary Fish! Such as an Oarfish, or a Giant Squid. Hope you enjoyed reading my idea, I know this may never find it's way in game, but I am just happy to talk about it.

Grimzy

Planter
This is an awesome idea! My younger sister loves fishing in the ocean (in game not irl) lol so this would be a great addition. Also props to you for creating that template ^0^ Maybe crabs can be added as an obtainable pet too (: if you live on the beach.

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
As an update folks, I have been able to get some tile sheets from the game, and am slowly putting together an updated looking template.

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
I managed to cobble this together with Pixelmator, not exactly the most professional looking template but it may give a better idea of what it is my idea conveys. With an official release obviously the tiles would be better placed to make it all flow together, and the river would be much shorter, say close to how wide it is in areas of town. The beach/sand textures would extend inwards a little further as well.

Changes on this map is the Shrine is now closer to the cave and greenhouse, and the small freshwater source is closer to the bus stop path.

For added detailing, tidal pools and a small wharf could be added down in the corner of the beach.

Seaside Layout.jpg

Last edited: