Windows Fish bounce repeatedly when dropped from monsters or ponds.

VampireCake

Farmer
First part is old bug but still happens as of 1.6.8. Really only a minor annoyance but I couldn't find a report for it, so putting it here.

Any fish dropped by monsters - Crab, Ghost Fish etc- bounce around several times before rattling to a stop, and can't be picked up until they've stopped moving completely even if you have a magnetism buff.

Additionally now when you empty a fish pond, all the fish that pop out will do this. I believe the popping out is intentional but for fish ponds on the edge of the farm map, the bouncing means they can sometimes end up out of reach.

(Unconfirmed at the moment if fish gifted by your pet will also do this, I'll update if I find out.)

Windows 7 Pro, game version 1.6.8 (no mods), mouse & keyboard.

Lew Zealand

Helper
(Unconfirmed at the moment if fish gifted by your pet will also do this, I'll update if I find out.)
Pet gifted Fish bounce, too. On occasion I'll pet the Cat as I get to bed at 1:50am and the Fish bounces until the following morning! Probably a species of lungfish or maybe a rubber fish it stole from a novelty store.

I think it's intentional coding that makes all Fish flop around on the ground when dropped like IRL live ones you just caught: