PC [BUG] Item with the same key error with fish ponds

fasuhn

Newcomer
Hi there. Reporting a bug in case anyone else runs into this, as it's a bit confounding.

I'm playing 4-person multiplayer with my friends and we are in fall of Year 2. We're playing version 1.5.4. We don't run any mods in our game and we haven't had any bugs or glitches up to this point. On Fall 16 we went through the entire day and when we went to bed the game crashed and we lost everything we did that day. We repeated a few more times and it kept happening.

I've attached the crash report that gets generated - it gives "an item with the same key has already been added" error. Based on one of the lines in the crash report (at StardewValley.Buildings.FishPond.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Buildings\FishPond.cs:line 775) we guessed that it might have something to do with our fish ponds, so we tried taking out all the fish from the fish ponds and it allowed us to proceed to Fall 17.

Then we put the fish back in the ponds that night. We went to bed. The game crashed and we lost the day at the end of the day again.

We have a four corners farm and we have 2 lava eel, 2 super cucumber, 2 blobfish, 1 midnight squid, 1 spookfish, 1 scorpion carp, 1 sturgeon, and 1 crab pond.

Through process of elimination, we've determined that it seems to be the crab pond that's crashing the game. It's a full pond (so 10 crabs). We filled our other 10 ponds with the other fish types and did not make a crab pond, and it hasn't crashed again, so this seems to be the source of the issue.

Does anyone have any insights to why this is occurring or why the crabs would specifically be a problem?

Thank you! Technically we have found a way to play around this but would still like to suss out the source of the issue and leave this for posterity for anyone else that might run into it.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: