Solved [1.6.8] Error upon entering Town Map for SV Fair [Windows]

Willowisp

Newcomer
Hi all!
I was hoping to see if anyone might know of a fix for this error code I encounter when trying to enter the main town square from the bus stop screen on the day of the Stardew Valley Fair for the event in-game.

The text transcribed from the jpg:

[Error] Event script error: The content file was not found.
[Error] On line #3: changeToTemporaryMap Town-Fair2

The error results in the player character getting teleported back to the farmhouse stoop immediately as seen below and the clock advancing to 10pm, as if exiting the town fair. I've included a screenshot of the error text, but there does not seem to be an error log file in the folder to share (...AppData\Roaming\StardewValley). I've attempted verifying the integrity of the files through Steam after closing out of the program (the check came back clean with no mention of corrupted or missing files), checking for updates (Steam says it's fully updated), and finally checking to see if the Town-Fair2 map was in the right folder (it appears to be as there is a file of the same name in the Maps folder, as far as looking at file names goes).

The game version number is 1.6.8 build 24119, english version of the game, single-player with keyboard and mouse, and it's running on Windows 10 through Steam. Is there a way to fix this and continue playing in the meantime without skipping the SV Fair event, or does this have a fix in the next patch and it's simply a matter of waiting patiently for the next update? :pumpkin: Thank you very much for your time!

Edit: Added the save file, and a few additional situational details to the above text.

Attachments

Last edited:

Andrey

Tiller
Hi Willowisp,
Sorry for my bad English.
I don't have problems with your save.

20241018185223_1.jpg

the check came back clean with no mention of corrupted or missing files
This is strange. Try uninstalling the game, then completely deleting the game's installation folder (default C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley )
Don't forget to make a copy of your saves just in case.
And then reinstall.
Also remember that mods can affect the game.

Willowisp

Newcomer
@Andrey Hello Andrey! :D Thank you for your reply! If I may say so, your English is good and grammatically sound, it reads well! I followed your suggestions and it worked, I'm so happy!! Thank you very much for your help, I would've remained stuck otherwise for a long time. I hope you have a wonderful day! :heart: