i'm out of new ideas for shed designs, do someone have any? (my current ones in comment)

Duckhead

Farmhand
I think a nuclear waste sort of shed would be cool, but im still early(ish) game so I can't make my own. you could add like, people sampling dead plants outside of a bunker where the whole outside is brown and decaying. another idea is to make Area 51 with a bunch of aliens attacking the guards and escaping. or the backrooms. the backrooms are cool.

I think a nuclear waste sort of shed would be cool, but im still early(ish) game so I can't make my own. you could add like, people sampling dead plants outside of a bunker where the whole outside is brown and decaying. another idea is to make Area 51 with a bunch of aliens attacking the guards and escaping. or the backrooms. the backrooms are cool.
nice idea thanks for that!

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I think you could totally do a outfit gallery type shed with the mannequins

either showcasing matching outfits or more exotic mixups
That's a great idea, really! Something like a fashion/clothes store shed :P

I have a half-empty shed myself, in which i have put Mayonnaise, Cheese and wool->cloth machines, in such arrays that all of them have hoppers on. I will try to fill the empty space with what you recommend, mannequins, outfits etc! I will also try to somehow fit the Rarecrows in there, as well!

LRangerR

Local Legend
This is a much older thread about designing shed interiors, made during the height of the pandemic. Hopefully some of you will find some inspiration from it, as there are some truly unforgettable designs in there.

Shed Obsessed Funemployment Thread

P.s.- the Narnia one is still my favorite from a storytelling perspective, but his use of perspective, as well as forced perspective as seen in the fish market and taco restaurant are utterly mind blowing.

Last edited:

Sockpuppet

Planter
All my sheds are just functional although I did dabble once on an old 1.5 save. I had this idea to turn the cellar into a man cave but I ended up filling it with casks. So I tried the man cave idea in a shed but I was not happy with the outcome. I guess with all the new 1.6 furniture catalogues' there is a lot more choice to decorate with.

I think you could totally do a outfit gallery type shed with the mannequins

either showcasing matching outfits or more exotic mixups
i thought about that because i saw that with the update there are these mannequins just like in terraria. and in terrarria i had a few rooms where i tried to collect every item from every armor (helmet, body armor, pants) very cool idea thanks <3. and i already have a few chests full of clothing that i combined as ensembles. still haven't updated -.-

This is a much older thread about designing shed interiors, made during the height of the pandemic. Hopefully some of you will find some inspiration from it, as there are some truly unforgettable designs in there.

Shed Obsessed Funemployment Thread

P.s.- the Narnia one is still my favorite from a storytelling perspective, but his use of perspective, as well as forced perspective as seen in the fish market and taco restaurant are utterly mind blowing.
thanks for the link! <3

All my sheds are just functional although I did dabble once on an old 1.5 save. I had this idea to turn the cellar into a man cave but I ended up filling it with casks. So I tried the man cave idea in a shed but I was not happy with the outcome. I guess with all the new 1.6 furniture catalogues' there is a lot more choice to decorate with.
ok cool thanks sockpuppet! i already have a mancave in the cellar but thanks for ur input!

that's my interpretation of the mancave!

ThorBjoern_9-22-2024_65113046.png

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

I have a half-empty shed myself, in which i have put Mayonnaise, Cheese and wool->cloth machines, in such arrays that all of them have hoppers on. I will try to fill the empty space with what you recommend, mannequins, outfits etc! I will also try to somehow fit the Rarecrows in there, as well!
I like the mix of aesthetic and and functionality, definitely show it off when you're done

i would like to see that too! nice idea, have fun during the process!