Unofficial mod updates

The Yellog one allows conversions, even the file I provided was one I found on this same forum lol

The other one is from Naver and I downloaded it a while ago, but generally most Naver mods have permission as long as they don't pass off the mods as completely their own... It would be a bit difficult for me to search for the link, sorry
They're probably okay with it if they're asked first, but definitely don't assume that no permissions stated mean that you can ignore asking them for consent (most naver mods don't have perms; so what you generalize about them having permissions is not true btw). It's a complete no-no in this modding community regardless of how many people post some mods and go "i posted this without permission, but I'll remove it if the mod author asks :)"

I've seen some mod authors get upset or in the worse case scenario, outright remove their mods, because people redistributed their mods.

Last edited:
Since the prolific and wonderful Aedenthorn has officially retired from SDV modding, what’s the best way to get permission to update their mods to 1.6? I know of their GitHub pull requests page where other modders are sharing their intent to update specific mods, and I see a few of those folks in this forum as well. Are people getting permission or is it assumed? When should we use “unofficial” in our mod titles? I just want to do this right and reference the permission when I publish. (I’ve attempted contact.) Thank you!

janetmarie48

Newcomer
I made this version based off the above version.

Change log

• Fixed Shiko not showing up in festivals, and she now has festival placement that shouldn't interfear with SVE (might or might not work for vanilla)
  • Fixed Shiko giving errors and not having dialogue in winter sometimes.
  • Added the -unoffical tag to the manifest.
  • (might be overstepping the boundries but...) Added Night Market schedule and Dialgue.
  • To do: Add resort Dialgue so she doesn't have broken strings while on ginger island.

Does anyone by chance have a version of either the whole mod or just Shiko's spouse room that works with content patcher? the TMXL version i keep finding just leaves her room empty :(

SkrellTheRatt

Greenhorn
Since the prolific and wonderful Aedenthorn has officially retired from SDV modding, what’s the best way to get permission to update their mods to 1.6? I know of their GitHub pull requests page where other modders are sharing their intent to update specific mods, and I see a few of those folks in this forum as well. Are people getting permission or is it assumed? When should we use “unofficial” in our mod titles? I just want to do this right and reference the permission when I publish. (I’ve attempted contact.) Thank you!
I think that given the fact that Aedenthorn has been out of the scene for quite some time and has left such a massive Github repository of their work shows that they might not mind someone continuing or updating their work. I would definitely credit anything built off of their mods, but I think it's safe to assume that we can pick up where they left off until told otherwise.

NoraCharles

Farmhand
My understanding is that aedenthorn left open permissions for anyone to continue their mods -- not sure what the perms used to be, but when I check some of their mods on Nexus at random, they all say "No restrictions" in the permissions section. As for mod titles, most of the updated versions I've seen posted are named things like "ModName Continued", "ModName Redux" or "The Return of ModName"; I don't think it matters what you choose as long as people can find/identify them easily.

KOTEHOK

Newcomer
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ][/QUOTE]
I managed to tweak and get the original Industrial Kitchen and Interior working. I've removed most of the interior/furniture edits as CP and AT packs have been made that will replace them. I'd recommend the Content Patcher version as it has the full Kitchen Island/Bar available. I did quickly run through the house upgrades and I can't find anything wonky. I am using it with Seasonal Garden Farmhouse as well.
Thank you for your work. I registered here to ask you a question. I have installed your mod and industrial furniture set. But I still don't get white sliding doors. What am I doing wrong?

skedaddle

Newcomer
Hii! I have a screenshot of my log parser from smapi. (I'll post the link too). https://smapi.io/log/f8b4f8ae2df4449c88bcf1c78e926e7d

1720479625697.png

Can anyone provide updates on those mods? I understand some of these have probably have been referenced earlier in the posts but I'm new to this forum and there's so many pages to go through ;_;. If anyone can either link me 1.6 updates or let me know which mods have become obsolete that would be wonderful! (edit: updated parser log and small formatting updates)

Last edited:

SigmaBunny

Tiller
Hii! I have a screenshot of my log parser from smapi. (I'll post the link too). https://smapi.io/log/c34d6746da4840e496a9d2be9e898a10 View attachment 23917
Can anyone provide updates on those mods? I understand some of these have probably have been referenced earlier in the posts but I'm new to this forum and there's so many pages to go through ;_;. If anyone can either link me 1.6 updates or let me know which mods have become obsolete that would be wonderful! (edit: small formatting change)

View attachment 23917
Ok it looks like a lot of these are framework mods that haven't been updated because 1.6 has the functionality already. Integrated Minecarts does what Extended Minecarts did, the unnofficial update for Reset Terrain Features is here. Nothing so far on Almanac, and you're missing a framework mod for Tool Upgrade (which isn't updated, the SMAPI website suggests this one instead)

skedaddle

Newcomer
Ok it looks like a lot of these are framework mods that haven't been updated because 1.6 has the functionality already. Integrated Minecarts does what Extended Minecarts did, the unnofficial update for Reset Terrain Features is here. Nothing so far on Almanac, and you're missing a framework mod for Tool Upgrade (which isn't updated, the SMAPI website suggests this one instead)
thank you so much! I know lists can be a bit annoying so I tried to keep it as concise as possible :sweat: I'll keep my own eye out for almanac, but I've deleted it for now!

sinew

Greenhorn
hello! does anyone know if there's an update out there for eemie's map recolor and a toned down stardew valley?

if anyone is able to make one, i'd be eternally grateful as well!

if anyone knows resources on what would need to be done, i'm also down to try and update it myself

hello! does anyone know if there's an update out there for eemie's map recolor and a toned down stardew valley?

if anyone is able to make one, i'd be eternally grateful as well!

if anyone knows resources on what would need to be done, i'm also down to try and update it myself
A few months ago, I made an unofficial update for Eemie's map recolor. I tried contacting Minervamaga and Eemie with other members of the community to ask for permission, but we didn't get a reply. Because of that, I haven't uploaded it to the public.

A few months ago, I made an unofficial update for Eemie's map recolor. I tried contacting Minervamaga and Eemie with other members of the community to ask for permission, but we didn't get a reply. Because of that, I haven't uploaded it to the public.
Yeah thats amazing, I remember seeing your post! Is it possible for you to share it privately, if it's completely okay with you?

sinew

Greenhorn
i agree with rose, would you be willing to share it privately?

both eemie and minervamaga appear to be completely gone from the community at this point. it's such a shame mods can't be used due to no permission to simply update them when a user leaves