Unofficial mod updates

ImSoule

Farmhand
Hello, I was wondering if there was any interest in creating updates for the mods "More Gem" and/or "Discoveries in the Depths"? I find mining is so bland without all the cool treasures these mods add. They need "custom resource clumps" and "custom ore nodes", but I saw some people saying that it should be possible to port these mods to "Item Extentions" framework. However, after attempting it myself, I don't think I have any idea what I'm doing, haha.
I saw some mention of it in this thread, but wasn't sure if anything came of it. If anyone heard anything and can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.
CRC and CON mods can be used in 1.6 if you use the converter https://mistyspring.neocities.org/converter The instructions are easy to follow and it does all the work for you.

charmed_selkie

Greenhorn
Hello! I'm rather new to modding (or attempting to fix mods), and while I've fixed some of the mods that I've liked for 1.6, there are a few that I just really don't understand how to wrap my head around how to convert these to content patcher (if they're even able to, but I'm pretty sure they can) since most mods can now function through that instead of a bunch of different mods to make everything work together. I'm more than willing to help or try and contribute with what I can understand (which is admittedly not a lot). Thank you in advance!

Floral Keg
Flower Meads (I know that Better Honey Meads exists, but I don't really like how it operates vs. Flower Meads)

Dyanosis

Tiller
Hello! I'm rather new to modding (or attempting to fix mods), and while I've fixed some of the mods that I've liked for 1.6, there are a few that I just really don't understand how to wrap my head around how to convert these to content patcher (if they're even able to, but I'm pretty sure they can) since most mods can now function through that instead of a bunch of different mods to make everything work together. I'm more than willing to help or try and contribute with what I can understand (which is admittedly not a lot). Thank you in advance!

Floral Keg
Flower Meads (I know that Better Honey Meads exists, but I don't really like how it operates vs. Flower Meads)
For Floral Keg, the original mod author is still active. You could probably just post on their mod that you'd like them to update it. Point them to the Content Patcher Wiki so that they can learn how things are done in 1.6. Giving the FloralKeg.json a look, it should be possible to make this using CP only. Though you may need another mod, like Producer Framework, to actually make the machine work.

Flower Meads I'm 99.9% sure you can make into a CP mod since 1.6 opened up the machine's data (specifically, OutputRules) so you can add your own rules and output to machines via a JSON file (aka CP).

souvlakic

Tiller
Have you noticed if some of the furniture is missing? I use CJB's Item Spawner, and maybe I just have too many mods to notice if all the furniture is there, but I always look for specific items yet I can't seem to find them. Do you find all of them when using the catalogs?
for me it works fine!

charmed_selkie

Greenhorn
For Floral Keg, the original mod author is still active. You could probably just post on their mod that you'd like them to update it. Point them to the Content Patcher Wiki so that they can learn how things are done in 1.6. Giving the FloralKeg.json a look, it should be possible to make this using CP only. Though you may need another mod, like Producer Framework, to actually make the machine work.

Flower Meads I'm 99.9% sure you can make into a CP mod since 1.6 opened up the machine's data (specifically, OutputRules) so you can add your own rules and output to machines via a JSON file (aka CP).
Admittedly, I didn't think about using the Content Patcher Wiki as I've been using the modding guide on the Stardew Valley Wiki, so thank you for the reminder! I understand that both of these can be pretty easily converted to Content Patcher, I'm just really unsure on how to write the language. The Floral Keg mod author said that they will work on it if they have the time and if it's not a hard thing to write, and as a fellow adult, I understand all too well how little time you have to work on personal things. That's the only reason I'm trying to figure it out myself. ^^; Perhaps the CP Wiki will give me more of an idea of what to do. Thank you!

Dyanosis

Tiller
Admittedly, I didn't think about using the Content Patcher Wiki as I've been using the modding guide on the Stardew Valley Wiki, so thank you for the reminder! I understand that both of these can be pretty easily converted to Content Patcher, I'm just really unsure on how to write the language. The Floral Keg mod author said that they will work on it if they have the time and if it's not a hard thing to write, and as a fellow adult, I understand all too well how little time you have to work on personal things. That's the only reason I'm trying to figure it out myself. ^^; Perhaps the CP Wiki will give me more of an idea of what to do. Thank you!
As another adult, who plays video games in my free time and apparently helps with SDV mods, I never understand the "how little time [people] have to work on personal things". Work is 8 hours a day (on average). And then you're playing video games. Some of these people have literally over a hundred mods downloaded! You don't get to that point overnight. And you'd need more than "a little time" to update them.

I get that some people have children, or maybe they have other hobbies/jobs that they see to, but we're talking about modding. Modding is not a casual thing. You don't casually know exactly how to make mods for a game. Especially if you plan to publish them for others to use/criticize. The only reason the author for Floral Keg said they don't have time is because they're literally working on another mod. So it's not like they have some other massive life event going on... it's the same line of "work", just a different priority.

Also, let's be honest with each other - the SDV modding wiki is just a touch out-of-date and is missing fields and ability to do things that Content Patcher's Wiki more clearly covers.

Tuiza

Farmhand
Hello╰(*°▽°*)╯

Could anyone update Choose Baby Gender ? I know that it doesn't matter as the second child will be the opposite gender of the first but i would like to first have a boy with Alex so I can divorce him and have a girl with someone else (Evil bitch Joja save)

moyaofthemist

Greenhorn
As another adult, who plays video games in my free time and apparently helps with SDV mods, I never understand the "how little time [people] have to work on personal things". Work is 8 hours a day (on average). And then you're playing video games. Some of these people have literally over a hundred mods downloaded! You don't get to that point overnight. And you'd need more than "a little time" to update them.

I get that some people have children, or maybe they have other hobbies/jobs that they see to, but we're talking about modding. Modding is not a casual thing. You don't casually know exactly how to make mods for a game. Especially if you plan to publish them for others to use/criticize. The only reason the author for Floral Keg said they don't have time is because they're literally working on another mod. So it's not like they have some other massive life event going on... it's the same line of "work", just a different priority.

Also, let's be honest with each other - the SDV modding wiki is just a touch out-of-date and is missing fields and ability to do things that Content Patcher's Wiki more clearly covers.
To clarify, I'm specifically working on a mod for my daughter, not really for funsies. >_>;; Modding is, for me, a very casual thing; it took me an afternoon or two to learn how to make those BFAV and CFR mods back in the day. Unfortunately, I'm much, much sicker now than I was back then, so I can't do what I used to be able to do. I'm not working on anything apart from stuff for my friends and my daughter unless it's something I can manage in a few days at most, sorry to say.

Also, it feels really, really uncomfortable to me to hear someone speculating on whether or not I have a massive life event going on just because I'm still working on mods (which people in this thread graciously updated for me, actually, and I am terribly grateful for that). If you could, um, not do that? I would appreciate that.

(Sorry to butt in. It was just an uncomfortable conversation to come across, and I thought maybe it would be okay to ask people...um...not to speculate on my personal life and circumstances if possible? My tone here is intended to come across as awkward, since I'm not sure what the social mores are around this. /autistic)

Side Note: Shout out to @charmed_selkie for trying to help me with updating Floral Keg, since I saw your posts about it, too. That means a lot to me, since I really loved that particular mod. ;_; You're being so thoughtful and considerate, and I really appreciate that.

Dyanosis

Tiller
Also, it feels really, really uncomfortable to me to hear someone speculating on whether or not I have a massive life event going on just because I'm still working on mods (which people in this thread graciously updated for me, actually, and I am terribly grateful for that). If you could, um, not do that? I would appreciate that.

(Sorry to butt in. It was just an uncomfortable conversation to come across, and I thought maybe it would be okay to ask people...um...not to speculate on my personal life and circumstances if possible? My tone here is intended to come across as awkward, since I'm not sure what the social mores are around this. /autistic)
I'm not 100% sure if this part was directed at me... but if it was, I was not at all "speculating on whether or not [anyone has] a massive life event going on". The part of my reply stating "So it's not like they have some other massive life event going on... it's the same line of "work", just a different priority" was made with the intention that you literally said in a reply to someone else on your Floral Keg mod that you were working on another mod. You literally said "I'm in the middle of working on a much bigger mod right now, but I could give it a go if it's not a huge project...". Working on a mod is not "a massive life event" - that's all I meant. No speculation. If I was speculating, I could say "that person must have a really busy job to say that they'd only work on some other mod conversion if they had more time". That's speculating since you didn't say anything about having a job. All you said was "I'm in the middle of working on a much bigger mod right now". If you took what I said as speculation, then that's not on me as I didn't speculate about anything.

Next time, though, I'll just quote the person directly since trying to be more general comes across as "speculation".

And I wasn't wrong - you're prioritizing the other mod over Floral Keg. I stated a fact. No speculation there. And I wasn't commenting to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

Lastly, I was musing/commenting on the idea that apparently "as a fellow adult, I understand all too well how little time you have to work on personal things" because it came as news to me that adults have "little time to work on personal things". Especially because that was said based on your reply stating "if it's not a huge project...", which they converted to "if they have the time and if it's not a hard thing to write". So I hope your speculation theory was to them and not me. I didn't speculate a thing, I wrote based on your literal reply.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not 100% sure if this part was directed at me... but if it was, I was not at all "speculating on whether or not [anyone has] a massive life event going on". The part of my reply stating "So it's not like they have some other massive life event going on... it's the same line of "work", just a different priority" was made with the intention that you literally said in a reply to someone else on your Floral Keg mod that you were working on another mod. You literally said "I'm in the middle of working on a much bigger mod right now, but I could give it a go if it's not a huge project...". Working on a mod is not "a massive life event" - that's all I meant. No speculation. If I was speculating, I could say "that person must have a really busy job to say that they'd only work on some other mod conversion if they had more time". That's speculating since you didn't say anything about having a job. All you said was "I'm in the middle of working on a much bigger mod right now". If you took what I said as speculation, then that's not on me as I didn't speculate about anything.

Next time, though, I'll just quote the person directly since trying to be more general comes across as "speculation".

And I wasn't wrong - you're prioritizing the other mod over Floral Keg. I stated a fact. No speculation there. And I wasn't commenting to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

Lastly, I was musing/commenting on the idea that apparently "as a fellow adult, I understand all too well how little time you have to work on personal things" because it came as news to me that adults have "little time to work on personal things". Especially because that was said based on your reply stating "if it's not a huge project...", which they converted to "if they have the time and if it's not a hard thing to write". So I hope your speculation theory was to them and not me. I didn't speculate a thing, I wrote based on your literal reply.
Hi @Dyanosis let's drop this topic since it's derailing from the conversation and point of the thread. @moyaofthemist expressed discomfort of the situation, it's just worth acknowledging and moving on. This isn't the place to speculate about what people are doing or why or anything, this is just a place to request unofficial mod updates and anything further is unnecessary here. Thanks

Chocolat77

Greenhorn
Does someone could update the family planning mod? :D No current update are working

lightsourced

Cowpoke
Fine, I'll do it myself.

Learned how to work with SMAPI mods to bring y'all Festival of the Mundane updated for 1.6!
Hiya! Thank you so much for updating! I was just wondering if you would be able to convert it to CP so it doesn't require JSON Assets anymore, thanks!

Wakazu

Greenhorn
I might be asking for some rotten tomatoes to the face, but why is nobody willing to update these two? Both authors have granted permission to people to do whatever and while I can imagine that the one packed with events might be a tough nut to crack, the first one is just text, it shouldn't be hard to get it to work, no?
Or am I missing something here and it's not about difficulty at all?
If you gave those a look and then went "Naah!" - I'd like to know your reasons. It kinda sucks to be "accidental a-hole". << also just thought I'd clarify - this is about me. I'm being an "accidental a-hole" by unintentionally offending people

I might be asking for some rotten tomatoes to the face, but why is nobody willing to update these two? Both authors have granted permission to people to do whatever and while I can imagine that the one packed with events might be a tough nut to crack, the first one is just text, it shouldn't be hard to get it to work, no?
If you gave those a look and then went "Naah!" - I'd like to know your reasons. It kinda sucks to be "accidental a-hole". << also just thought I'd clarify - this is about me. I'm being an "accidental a-hole" by unintentionally offending people
I know you said you didn't intend it, but this comes off pretty rude. You aren't entitled to updates, my guy. You're free to request them, but these are free services that we do on our own time, at our own levels and interests. If no one else wants to pick it up, you aren't owed an explanation why, and you're free to update it yourself

Last edited:

ImSoule

Farmhand
Everyone is working diligently to update whatever mods they can, and every day there are hundreds of requests not only on this forum but on Nexus as well. Please remember that people updating are doing it on their own time and are not being paid to update these mods. If you have time, I recommend viewing the Stardew Wiki to learn how to update mods yourself and joining the Stardew Valley channel on Discord in case you run into trouble when creating or updating your mod.