1.6 Update 1.6 release date is March 19th!

Ereo

Helper
Does the March 19th PC release date include the Mac version, or does the PC version imply only the Windows version?
PC usually means both Windows and Mac (unless you’re one of the few people who managed to transfer an iOS game to Mac and play the mobile version). If you bought it on steam or GOG, I’d expect you’d get it at the same time.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I tried to do so myself but found out that my console is from a "patched" batch so basically "unhackable". So looks like I'm sticking to the steam version of Stardew for now.
There are ways around some patched ones too, I was told off by a switch modder a while back because of it. It’s increasingly hard to do so though, and I believe they are even more limited than the others in terms of what you can download onto them.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
This is the way. GOG games have offline installers which also means you can save those installers as a time capsule of the previous version of your games. I have a lot of nooks and crannies where old installers were left and dug through to find my v1.3 and v1.4 installers and I'll add v1.5 to that list now.
Nice, I play off steam and just save the 1.5.6 steam/common gamefiles in an area that steam doesn’t check to update and can launch them whenever. I’m not so sure about the saves between them tbh.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
So I'm hearing that one of the main focuses of update 1.6 will be the mod compatibility. Is there any hope for modable switch version? (Though mod.io or otherwise). If not could we get Anthro characters as a base game optional feature? Pretty please! I bough a switch version loooong time ago without knowing that it can't be modded. I haven't played it because I can't phantom playing stardew valley without furry characters. This game became a tiny representation of furry community for me.
it is possible to mod on your switch (by doing things to your switch), but modding on the switch is very limited and it's still pretty much just XNB mods

Does the March 19th PC release date include the Mac version, or does the PC version imply only the Windows version?
It includes Mac! PC version is basically all computers (except for, like, chromebooks which are mobile)

I'm so excited! As a new player (or formerly new, figuring out the kinks and untying the knots I guess you could say) I want to try a Joja run on my computer, and then start a new save on my switch doing it normally. I do it on both, I say it's to do with my brothers, but I have like six personal saves all with days of gameplay.

Also as someone with two different Nintendos (personal and family) I lucked into stumbling upon the sale without knowing, and got it on my personal one. Won't be deleting my saves on the family one, that would make me cry.

Last edited:

ArtifactSpot

I'm so excited! As a new player (or formerly new, figuring out the kinks and untying the knots I guess you could say) I want to try a Joja run on my computer, an then start a new save on my switch doing it normally. I do it on both, I say it's to do with my brothers, but I have like six personal saves all with days of gameplay.
Joja is so much easier, quicker, and lets Shane keep his job. Plus you can purchase unlimited auto-petters once the developments are completed.

Joja is so much easier, quicker, and lets Shane keep his job. Plus you can purchase unlimited auto-petters once the developments are completed.
Oh my god! I had no idea! Anyways, it's nice I can do the Joja runs and Shane keeps his job. He may not be my favorite, but at least he isn't Pierre. I will wait, and do alternating runs. I like helping the little Junimos, yes, but Shane keeping his job and Pierre essentially losing his is worth it. So for every one "regular" run, I will make myself the promise to do two Joja runs.

Oh my god! I had no idea! Anyways, it's nice I can do the Joja runs and Shane keeps his job. He may not be my favorite, but at least he isn't Pierre. I will wait, and do alternating runs. I like helping the little Junimos, yes, but Shane keeping his job and Pierre essentially losing his is worth it. So for every one "regular" run, I will make myself the promise to do two Joja runs.
WHY DOES EVERTONE HATE PIERRE?

Lew Zealand

Helper
WHY DOES EVERTONE HATE PIERRE?
IMO: Reddit

They love to pile on him there (reddit is a social pile-on machine) and some of that leaks over here on occasion. But there are always people who justifiably detest that he claims to grow quality Crops when he's really just reselling yours. For me, I couldn't care less as I already got Pierre's g and he can do whatever he likes with my Tomatoes or Melons. They're his problem now as I have better things to do like snooze under a tree, give Alex my extra eggs, and stomp all contenders at the Stardew Valley Fair.

ArtifactSpot

His prioritization of his business over his family isn't an endearing quality. Neither is taking credit for others' work.
Also his goal as you gain hearts with him is to grow his business and essentially become another Joja which he is supposed to be in principle against. Also not once does he lend a hand to help poor Shane or the nameless Joja girl obtain employment at his store. He calls them cowards in the community center cutscene if you chose settle it old fashioned way. There’s a lot about him I don’t like. I wouldn’t say I hate him as no one is perfect, but he’s certainly not one of the better characters SDV has to offer.

Fluffy Vixen

Greenhorn
I wish there were a neutral path. I don't want to kick the Morris out but I don't want to destroy the community center either.