Would it be more beneficial to buy the fiberglass rod or wait to level 5?

Bonzai

Sodbuster
I started my perfection farm and managed to get level 4 fishing on day 2. My question is should i wait to sell my fish for the 25% upsale bonus i get upon reach level five or selling enough fish for the fiberglass rod to get to level 5 quicker and catch fish quicker?

Quirinea

Farmer
I'm usually waiting until I get to level 6 and can buy the iridium rod. But then I'm not calculating it so precisely (and I'm using fishing mods and time mods, so...)

Honeywell

Sodbuster
The 25% bonus would be 450g--that's not nothing but you can catch so many more fish with bait you'll easily make that back and more. Don't wait!

Njin

Planter
I started my perfection farm and managed to get level 4 fishing on day 2. My question is should i wait to sell my fish for the 25% upsale bonus i get upon reach level five or selling enough fish for the fiberglass rod to get to level 5 quicker and catch fish quicker?
I usually wait for level 5 to sell. just make sure your keeping the fish you need for the community center. also holding out for the iridium rod isn't a bad idea.. but I tend to upgrade by selling just enough fish to buy fiberglass and a couple soups (helps with the quality). a little less talked about tip is holding out artisan goods for lvl 10 farming but $$$

Bonzai

Sodbuster
The 25% bonus would be 450g--that's not nothing but you can catch so many more fish with bait you'll easily make that back and more. Don't wait!
What about wiating for level six and then buying the iridium rod and skiping the fiberglass rod?

Honeywell

Sodbuster
What about wiating for level six and then buying the iridium rod and skiping the fiberglass rod?
With bait you catch fish 50% faster! That's potentially double the amount of fish caught each day (which means 50% more money and 50% experience). That's such a huge upgrade I don't think it's worth waiting even a few days. The iridium rod is the upgrade that can wait until the fish are too hard to catch without tackle, imo.

DJModulo

Sodbuster
Buy the rod and some bait (enough to last you the day, I'd say 70-100 pieces) immediately.

Without bait, the Fiberglass rod is no netter than the Bamboo pole. With bait, the amount of time you have to wait for a bite (the biggest timeloss while fishing) is cut in half. This ist absolutely huge and gets you a lot more catches than before.

Iridium Rod needs to use a Tackle to have an advantage over the Fiberglass, and while these tackles have decent effects, none of them ist as groundbreaking as the wait time halving of the Bait. Rod and tackles also are quite expensive, running you 4-5x the money not only in acquisition, but in maintenance as well. Ultimately this will be worth it, but it certainly shouldn't bei an early game priority unless you're going for a Legend catch in Spring Y1 (and even then the Fiberglass should bei used to bridge the gap)

Bonzai

Sodbuster
Buy the rod and some bait (enough to last you the day, I'd say 70-100 pieces) immediately.

Without bait, the Fiberglass rod is no netter than the Bamboo pole. With bait, the amount of time you have to wait for a bite (the biggest timeloss while fishing) is cut in half. This ist absolutely huge and gets you a lot more catches than before.

Iridium Rod needs to use a Tackle to have an advantage over the Fiberglass, and while these tackles have decent effects, none of them ist as groundbreaking as the wait time halving of the Bait. Rod and tackles also are quite expensive, running you 4-5x the money not only in acquisition, but in maintenance as well. Ultimately this will be worth it, but it certainly shouldn't bei an early game priority unless you're going for a Legend catch in Spring Y1 (and even then the Fiberglass should bei used to bridge the gap)
So the olny diffrence between the rods are the ability to use bait and then tackle aswell ? I always thought the rods did more then that.

Bonzai

Sodbuster
With bait you catch fish 50% faster! That's potentially double the amount of fish caught each day (which means 50% more money and 50% experience). That's such a huge upgrade I don't think it's worth waiting even a few days. The iridium rod is the upgrade that can wait until the fish are too hard to catch without tackle, imo.
Thank you im going to go for the fiberglass and hold off for the iridium rod

DJModulo

Sodbuster
So the olny diffrence between the rods are the ability to use bait and then tackle aswell ? I always thought the rods did more then that.
Late reply, but yes. The other buffs to fishing (slightly faster bite time, bigger bar) come from your increasing fishing level (with one exception: the Training Rod gives you a fixed bar size that is equivalent to the one at Fishing Lv. 5)