why does my friends stardew valley crash when we try playing together?

Spohhle

Greenhorn
My friend and I were trying to both play Stardew valley Smapi together with the Ridgeside mod installed(on both devices), but when they load into the game and leave the house, it crashes on them and this text is repeated? I don't know what it means or how to fix it :(

""An error occurred in the base update loop: ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. at Netcode.NetList`2.get_Item(Int32 index) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetList.cs:line 22 at StardewValley.Farmer.UpdateIfOtherPlayer(GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer.cs:line 6307 at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateCharacters(GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 10939 at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4865 at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1125""

I play on phone/mobile(galaxy s10+) and I'm using a Multiplayer mod that helps me play with others and my friend uses computer(Windows) and when we tried playing together on Lan. I've been trying to figure it out, but I'm at a complete loss and I want to know if there's any way to fix this? Is it because I'm using a mod to play multiplayer, or is it because they are on computer and I'm mobile, I really am confused.