who REALLY is M. Jasper and Mona?

Person090

Planter
I've been theorizing the identity of this man/woman ever since I read the books. A suspect has to have 2 things, an M as the starting letter of their first name and 2, must have the characteristics of M. Jaspet from what we can infer from the books. So I have 3 main suspects as of now. M. Rasmodius, knowledgeable in other species just like M. Jasper, and is pretty intelligent, I would say he is sort of likely to be him. Marlon, adventurous and would know about the diamonds and to a stretch goblins, but I feel like the Living off the Land guy would mention that his last name is Jasper. Time for my craziest and least likely suspect, Mona from the graveyard, hear me out, Mona is a mysterious character so we dont really have any evidence supporting it, but let's have some fun with this idea, what if, Mona didn't die? What if, she married someone, and, turned green perhaps? So yeah, I think Mona is Rasmodius' wife and the witch, but I would like to add one more thing, what if, Mona was the owner of the abandoned house? The proximity to the tower is pretty close meaning she would have visited him at least once. Just a fun little theory I like to share

niteowl

Tiller
I posit a different theory... Caroline is the witch. She left the Wizard when she was pregnant and married Pierre. Abby is the wizard's daughter.

* She has green hair.
* You never actually see the witch when you go to her lair.
* Here's a Caroline quote, "When we first moved to Pelican Town I would take secret walks to the Wizard's Tower. Don't tell Pierre, he has jealousy issues. Abigail was born about a year after we moved to Pelican Town."
* Abby seems to suspect as much. She dyes her hair purple, (same as the wizard), and hangs out by the wizard's tower.

I'd like to see CA add a little scene where if we go to the witch's lair, there's a chance of catching Caroline there with her going..."Oh! uh, hi...um...Well, hmmm..."

Person090

Planter
I posit a different theory... Caroline is the witch. She left the Wizard when she was pregnant and married Pierre. Abby is the wizard's daughter.

* She has green hair.
* Here's a Caroline quote, "When we first moved to Pelican Town I would take secret walks to the Wizard's Tower. Don't tell Pierre, he has jealousy issues. Abigail was born about a year after we moved to Pelican Town."
* Abby seems to suspect as much. She dyes her hair purple, (same as the wizard), and hangs out by the wizard's tower.

I'd like to see CA add a little scene where if we go to the witch's lair, there's a chance of catching Caroline there with her going..."Oh! uh, hi...um...Well, hmmm..."
Very interesting, would definitely flip the "nice and relaxed" personality of caroline

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
I don't think M. Jasper can be the Wizard, because his name is M. Rasmodius. So, unless he changed his last name, I think we can rule him out. Marlon, on the other hand, is a maybe, because we don't know his last name. However, I definitely think that Mona is our best guess. The biggest clue, I think, has gotta be that her headstone is located right next to that mysterious headstone written in Dwarvish, and M. Jasper is the author of Mysteries of the Dwarves. They also wrote A Study on Diamond Yields, and what does the cryptic headstone riddle ask for? Another rare gem, a prismatic shard. Not to mention, there's no indication whatsoever that M. Jasper is a guy. I also have another theory, that the abandoned house in the forest belonged to Mona/M. Jasper. Why? Because one of their books, Goblins, talks about how Goblins come from the forest.

Person090

Planter
I don't think M. Jasper can be the Wizard, because his name is M. Rasmodius. So, unless he changed his last name, I think we can rule him out. Marlon, on the other hand, is a maybe, because we don't know his last name. However, I definitely think that Mona is our best guess. The biggest clue, I think, has gotta be that her headstone is located right next to that mysterious headstone written in Dwarvish, and M. Jasper is the author of Mysteries of the Dwarves. They also wrote A Study on Diamond Yields, and what does the cryptic headstone riddle ask for? Another rare gem, a prismatic shard. Not to mention, there's no indication whatsoever that M. Jasper is a guy. I also have another theory, that the abandoned house in the forest belonged to Mona/M. Jasper. Why? Because one of their books, Goblins, talks about how Goblins come from the forest.
Exactly, Mona is the only dead villager aside from grandpa, it would make sense why she would own the abandoned house, and it would make sense she would have talked with the wizard seeing as the ruined house is near to the tower, and maybe Mona is even the witch and the townsfolk just thought she was dead

Person090

Planter
I have a whole entirely different theory about the gravestone with dwarvish text that I posted here.

niteowl

Tiller
Although I like the Caroline=Witch theory, I find it very unlikely to be the case!
Here's another quote from the wizard, “You musn't tell anyone... but I have reason to believe that one of the locals is actually my daughter... I could be mistaken... It's rare, but it does happen.”
A quote from Pierre, “Does Abigail look anything like me? Don't tell my wife, but sometimes I wonder if I'm really the father.”

Boo1972

Farmer
So I’d really love it if Caroline was the witch. It seems unlikely but it is also strange that she complains about Abigail dying her hair purple, but Caroline’s hair is bright green. She can’t really expect me to believe that’s her natural color

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
A bit of a discrepancy that people get confused over is whether or not M. is a title (like Mr., Ms., etc.) or if it's an abbreviation of a name. Since there are 2 characters named M. [something] we can also assume it's a title, so the name may not start with M to begin with, making Jasper the last name and Rasmodius our beloved wizard's last name

I feel like M. Jasper and Mona are both people we haven't met, but I'm really interested in learning more about them as well

Awesomedragon29

Greenhorn
I doubt that Caroline is the witch, due to the fact that the witch has green skin, which you can see when she flies over the coop or slime hut. But suppose it is simply a spell? Who knows?

squizzybug

Greenhorn

* She has green hair.

caroline defiantly gives me witch vibes :wink:

hexnessie

Farmer
Oh no no no! Caroline is the Wizard's daughter. She's just the right age, plus the whole "trying all too hard to be very normal" vibe... She hates it that Abby takes after her grandfather because she wants her to be absolutely normal, no-green, no-purple, mundane future shopkeeper.