Where's the stair on this floor @-@ Did I miss something?

I have actually scrubbed the edges of this floor to no avail D: Maybe it is well hidden!
Was it not mandatory to have staircases for each floor spawn from rocks/non-off screen enemies? That was at least the expectation I had
Not a biggie though just was interesting, I left the floor and reentered

Elenna101

Farmer
Probably a monster off the screen that will drop it.

If not then behind the shrubbery ia worth testing.
Based on the icon, this wasn't a monster floor (@PerfectionWhaleFarm let me know if I'm wrong on that) so the presence of any monsters shouldn't matter, the second-last rock should have a 100% chance of dropping a ladder. Not sure what happened here, some kind of bug obviously. Fortunately it's only level 41 so you don't lose much by resetting the floor and trying again.

Based on the icon, this wasn't a monster floor (@PerfectionWhaleFarm let me know if I'm wrong on that) so the presence of any monsters shouldn't matter, the second-last rock should have a 100% chance of dropping a ladder. Not sure what happened here, some kind of bug obviously. Fortunately it's only level 41 so you don't lose much by resetting the floor and trying again.
Yep! You are right! Not a monster floor. Yeah I was only grinding the floors for some cool looking weapons (Iridium Needle), so the floors don't matter :)
Nevertheless an interesting observation (bug?)

@Hill Myna yeah this is on the Switch too! Too bad I already found the Iridium Needle or maybe I'd grind the floors more to corroborate further.

I'm curious since this floor had some logs on the floor which I emptied out last whereas normal mines don't have logs on the floor. Wondering if those are counted towards the rocks for stairs, but then the code only make rocks drop stairs. Maybe I could delve into the code...

Pangaearocks

Planter
I'm curious since this floor had some logs on the floor which I emptied out last whereas normal mines don't have logs on the floor. Wondering if those are counted towards the rocks for stairs, but then the code only make rocks drop stairs. Maybe I could delve into the code...
99% sure I read somewhere, possibly by Blade, that those logs could bugger things up if you were unlucky. Going by memory here so it may not be 100% correct, but from what I recall: the logs replace rocks on those floors, but unlike rocks, the logs don't guarantee a stairs even if you clear out the room. If the rocks you do break don't produce a staircase, you could be stuck. Seems to be what happened here.