What's Your Horse's Name & Why?

Cuusardo

Farmer
I can't recall every name for every horse in every farm, but here are the ones I remember.

Forest farm: Epona (farmer looks like Link)
Hilltop farm: Thunder (farmer looks like Toki Wartooth)
Co-op beach farm: Uni (after the unicorn in the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon)
New riverlands farm: Rapidash (because I like Pokemon)

Veracious

Tiller
I love the creativeness of all the names, so many I would never have even thought of.

My Dog's name is Milli, and my Horse's name is Vanilli. I'm not sure if this generation will understand, but that's fine.

I have a horse on another file named Broccoli, which has a story to it.
Milli &Vanilli were great I really enjoy their stuff.

"Broccoli" lol thats definitely a classic now.
Reminds me of an old friend who likes to use the word "asparagus" as a password for random things.

Gumbus, I have some weird names…
Does this have a story? It sounds like it should...

Viking because orginally I wanted to put a warrior helmet on him, but it turned out there was no hat (in the early game) still used the name because it fitted.

Definitely like "Viking" as a name for a big War Horse with chest plate and helmet working on the farm during the week and weekends taking you to battle in the mines. Fitting.

Wheat King

Tiller
I'm on my second save and still doesn't have the horse. The dog is named Clara, for my late dog in real world :)

On my first save, the dog is named Jude, from Judith, one of my dogs now. And the horse is Donita, from Donna. Just random, I'm very bad in choosing names, it might take me ours, sometimes days :sweat: So when it comes to games I just pick some random names, and take its short or diminutive

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I love the creativeness of all the names, so many I would never have even thought of.

Milli &Vanilli were great I really enjoy their stuff.

"Broccoli" lol thats definitely a classic now.
Reminds me of an old friend who likes to use the word "asparagus" as a password for random things.

Does this have a story? It sounds like it should...

Definitely like "Viking" as a name for a big War Horse with chest plate and helmet working on the farm during the week and weekends taking you to battle in the mines. Fitting.
I thought the win is name in game was funny and Gumbus just seems comical in a very simple way so I used it.
I thought it was pretty normal but anyone who ever sees “Gumbus” always comments it.

Cuusardo

Farmer
There are some great names in this thread!

I honestly can't remember all of the names I've given to all my other animals. I often use the random name generator to help me come up with one. Sometimes I use what it generates (like my chicken named Pepita) or use some kind of variation of it (like naming one of my dinosaurs Bilbo because it suggested Brilbo). On my first farm I named my animals after musical instruments or musical terms.

Veracious

Tiller
LMAO, I have no idea if this is true but it made me laugh
Lol yes this is what I saw too, thats why I said amusing. But very fitting for a farm horse I think.

Na dont look up stuff till after the fact makes life a little bit more fun imo.

Like me naming my dog Sam I had no idea there was a Sam in the game lol.

When Smokey the farmer choses the carcoal coloured cat, her name is Cashed. When he chooses the Shepherd, his name Chief. The horse is always Kief. When he names the farm animals, he’s usually hungry from working so hard on Weedy Farm. Also he has a bit of cabin fever and likes to dream of far away places.

brown hens: Mousse and Ajitsuke
white hens: Meringue (sometimes Soufflé
blue hen: Hollandaise (because sadly traditional blue corn dishes like tlacoyo or piki do not contain egg)
void hens: Brûlée, Farcis and Flambé
ducks: Custard and Mayonnaise
rabbit: Angora (couldn’t find any edible and pithy animal product name)
dinos: Petrol, Coal, Plastic (no appetite there)

brown cows: Gelato and Cocoa
white cow: Chantilly
goats: Kefir, Caprino and Palmero
pigs: Ciascolo, Chorizo and Kielbasa
sheep: Manchego

Smokey is very open to suggestions for new names that fit!

Cho0pera

Greenhorn
I love this thread, it's so cute!
My (primary) horse's name is Dahy, which is an Irish name meaning "speed". I play with Adopt 'n' Skin so I've been building up a nice brood of animals.

My first dog is named Tuna - total accident by misclicking OK for the random name generator while trying to type in my own name; I've decided I like it. Also have a cat named Algernon, named for the mouse from Flowers for Algernon.

I'd been using a rough system for animal naming where each type would get names starting with their corresponding letter (C for chickens, K for cows, etc.) but that fell apart since I started using the Cowboy Life mod since it uses various breeds instead of generic animal names from vanilla.
Now I like to think of an adjective and google names.

Cho0pera

Greenhorn
When Smokey the farmer choses the carcoal coloured cat, her name is Cashed. When he chooses the Shepherd, his name Chief. The horse is always Kief. When he names the farm animals, he’s usually hungry from working so hard on Weedy Farm. Also he has a bit of cabin fever and likes to dream of far away places.

brown hens: Mousse and Ajitsuke
white hens: Meringue (sometimes Soufflé
blue hen: Hollandaise (because sadly traditional blue corn dishes like tlacoyo or piki do not contain egg)
void hens: Brûlée, Farcis and Flambé
ducks: Custard and Mayonnaise
rabbit: Angora (couldn’t find any edible and pithy animal product name)
dinos: Petrol, Coal, Plastic (no appetite there)

brown cows: Gelato and Cocoa
white cow: Chantilly
goats: Kefir, Caprino and Palmero
pigs: Ciascolo, Chorizo and Kielbasa
sheep: Manchego

Smokey is very open to suggestions for new names that fit!
love the theme <3