what's something you do in game that is considered almost criminal by other players?

Lew Zealand

Helper
These questions aren't aimed at you, just brought up by your post.

Why would anyone dislike Demetrius? I haven't seen anything whatsoever that would give me reason to do so, despite having reached 8 or 10 hearts with everyone in the household. Besides, science is cool.
Big D gives you some serious negative vibes during Maru's 2 :heart: event with a veiled threat. He also pedantic when arguing with Robin about Tomatoes being froot or veg and about the aesthetics of a very nice 4 post bed Robin makes. Frankly the pedantic issue is meh for me but Maru's :heart: event is a bit on the overprotective father side of things especially as Maru is a nurse (of some type, I'm nurse-ignorant) at the Clinic so has to be at least 22 or 23, well into adulthood with the capacity to make her own choices.

I don't understand the hate for Clint, either. He's just this awkward guy who doesn't really know how to approach his crush. What's so wrong with that? Many if not most of us probably have gone or are going through a similar phase in life, even if at a younger age than Clint is.
Clint gives creepy vibes to some people which I get as for some, he's a little too fixated on Emily. For people who've been creeped on, Clint can set off some pretty negative associations.

Draconifors

Planter
Big D gives you some serious negative vibes during Maru's 2 :heart: event with a veiled threat. He also pedantic when arguing with Robin about Tomatoes being froot or veg and about the aesthetics of a very nice 4 post bed Robin makes. Frankly the pedantic issue is meh for me but Maru's :heart: event is a bit on the overprotective father side of things especially as Maru is a nurse (of some type, I'm nurse-ignorant) at the Clinic so has to be at least 22 or 23, well into adulthood with the capacity to make her own choices.
II don't think it's a threat. He simply doesn't want anything bad to happen to his daughter or her future. Considering how bright Maru is, I can't blame him. A bit overprotective maybe, yes, but that's natural.
The tomatoes thing I find amusing more than anything else, because it highlights the common confusion about how tomatoes are categorized.

For people who've been creeped on, Clint can set off some pretty negative associations.
Fair enough. Life experiences certainly can affect how things are perceived.

hahahaha I so do find the joja route criminal :laugh::grin::laugh::grin::laugh: I owned a taphouse for almost two years (it didnt make it RIP) but I have this SUPPORT SMALL LOCAL BUSINESS thing just so ingrained into my soul that I completely the community house EVERYTIME - This last time I like never petted my animals so it took me almost two years to just get duck feather lmao.

but RESPECT I also married Sophia and I'm obsessed with her! But I'm going to have to look into this free love mod bc I did feel guilty for cheating on sad boy Shane, I still love his grumpy butt! And to think I was in denial about being bi-sexual for so long lamo HAPPY PRIDE MONTH YALL 🌈
This is my very first Joja run, and a case could be made for "criminal behavior" in my run as my character plans to marry Sophia -- in spite of Joja being the cause of her suffering -- and later on, Abigail -- the daughter of Joja's main competitor in Pelican town whose family does seem to suffer as the local Joja Mart becomes bigger. Also, in many parts of the United States, having more than one spouse at the same time *IS* considered criminal in real life.

(CORRECTION: This is technically my 2nd Joja run. My first ever playthrough -- featuring that female farmer who tried to romance Clint -- was a completed Joja run that quickly got shelved once version 1.5 came out!)

There was once a Mod called Multiple Spouses which allowed the player to have more than one spouse in-game. The Free Love Mod that I had mentioned has assumed many of the functions of the now-defunct Multiple Spouses Mod, including the ability to have more than one spouse at the same time. The Free Love Mod is listed as a requirement for a few mods such as "Xtardew Valley".

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

Clint gives creepy vibes to some people which I get as for some, he's a little too fixated on Emily. For people who've been creeped on, Clint can set off some pretty negative associations.
*talks about how the character gives bad vibes*

Proceeds to utterly pluck apart the character

Malymin

Farmhand
I hate crop farming and basically ignore it in favor of animals, outside of the bare minimum needed for quests and the community center. I don't ever plant much more space that what's in the Greenhouse even before I get that unlocked. I seriously don't know what to do with my Ginger Island farm because... what's the point of land I can't put livestock, pets, or fish ponds on? Crops make more money, but where's the emotional attachment? Where's the intrinsic joy of clicking on a pixel chicken and seeing a heart appear?

Maher

Planter
I seriously don't know what to do with my Ginger Island farm because... what's the point of land I can't put livestock, pets, or fish ponds on? Crops make more money, but where's the emotional attachment? Where's the intrinsic joy of clicking on a pixel chicken and seeing a heart appear?
Grow wheat on GI and you'll never lack for hay in winter. Heck, if you have a pair of Junimo chests, you don't even need to carry it back to the mainland.

Ereo

Helper
I hate crop farming and basically ignore it in favor of animals, outside of the bare minimum needed for quests and the community center. I don't ever plant much more space that what's in the Greenhouse even before I get that unlocked. I seriously don't know what to do with my Ginger Island farm because... what's the point of land I can't put livestock, pets, or fish ponds on? Crops make more money, but where's the emotional attachment? Where's the intrinsic joy of clicking on a pixel chicken and seeing a heart appear?
you could make a flower/honey farm. You don’t ever need to replace the flowers and can pick up honey whenever you’re there.

i never plant more than 8 or 10 sprinklers on my main farm so the the beach farm had the perfect amount of tillable land. Meadow farm also has a perfect plot in front of the house. After year two, I only grow cauliflower, melon and pumpkin and sometimes I forget the first harvest in time for a second so I just leave them to the end of the month instead of planting something else.

I don’t think getting friendship up is hard except the npcs that are out of my way: wizard, Sandy, Krobus, the dwarf and George take some dedication. Everyone else always gets maxed out pretty automatically in year two or three.

I don’t think Joja is evil, but it’s boring. I have no incentive to do anything without fetch quests.

HaleyRocks

Planter
I strongly dislike... Penny!

I strongly dislike... Prismatic Shards!

1.6 come, i stopped farming for Iridium nodes and got The Statue of Perfection from Grandpa's Shrine (i used to enter/exit the very first floor of Skull Cavern in 1.5 which now regrettably, no longer has a decent chance for any to appear)

Likewise and since chance for Prismatic Shards was nerfed, i set high priority to reaching True Perfection (and thankfully, the free daily Shards, do count towards Mr.Qi's collecting quest!)

I keep my Cursed Mannequins, tightly shut inside a storage chest, at all times!

I went Joja Route, in my 1.6 run! But only after completing all community center bundles first (and collecting their rewards), save only 1

I got the Meadowlands farm, but i never opened and i neither plan to, any skill specific to livestock (i have Artisan active, at all times). I also incorporated to my farm area, 14 Fish-Ponds! Did anybody say "Riverlands", or "Beach" farm...? I can't hear you!

I never used Enrichers and i always manually distribute Fertilizers upon the soil.

you could make a flower/honey farm. You don’t ever need to replace the flowers and can pick up honey whenever you’re there.

i never plant more than 8 or 10 sprinklers on my main farm so the the beach farm had the perfect amount of tillable land. Meadow farm also has a perfect plot in front of the house. After year two, I only grow cauliflower, melon and pumpkin and sometimes I forget the first harvest in time for a second so I just leave them to the end of the month instead of planting something else.

I don’t think getting friendship up is hard except the npcs that are out of my way: wizard, Sandy, Krobus, the dwarf and George take some dedication. Everyone else always gets maxed out pretty automatically in year two or three.

I don’t think Joja is evil, but it’s boring. I have no incentive to do anything without fetch quests.
You can definitely get emotionally attached to plants, but until you’ve grown a few IRL, I can appreciate why you would not enjoy it in game. In 2022, my partner and I got into growing vegetables and fruit. It’s so much fun IRL. And Bees and other pollinators visit, and everything goes through cycles. You don’t realize you’re emotionally invested until aphid or other pests ruin one of your plants You worked so hard to cultivate from seed and protect until it was big and strong. Slugs and aphids are the worst! Luckily, no crop ruining bugs in Stardew Valley.

Though, in-game, I simplify my crop plants outside of the greenhouse once I’m done with the community center. I save a few over everything in chests, and then only grow my favorites.

stardew_luv

Planter
And I think that's fair.

I suppose my shameful secret is that I do not hate Morris. He's meant to be the major villain, but he's actually, what? At most middle-management to the huge (likely global) corporation?

I do not cheer for the guy maybe losing his job, probably demoted. And I don't cheer the fact he gets bopped one on the chin.
Yeah he’s not Joja’s CEO, he’s just trying to do what he does to support himself (and his family?) even if a bit shady. Trust me I know these mega corps inside and out. He’s there from open to close and actually works not sailing on a mega yacht somewhere. Also if you’re not married and go Joja route and make it to summit it’s him there with you and it’s actually quite touching what he says about what he’s learned from the people of the town.