what's something you do in game that is considered almost criminal by other players?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ok, ok, you do you and all that, but - I cannot live without the workbench. Even if I only have one chest, I plonk a workbench next to it so I don't have to pick items out to craft things. Lew, I thought you LIKED being lazy! The workbench is the ULTIMATE lazy shortcut for crafting. You gotta try it out some time.
I totally agree that makes sense but I think the problem is I have my organization down by the time the Workbench becomes a thing, so then I'll need to re-do my organization. I do not like re-organizing, it only happens when things have become such a mess that the reorg is worth the time. And you use the Workbench to make things, which I don't wanna to do much by then.

So I did the Craft Everything bit this playthrough but I don't remember the Crafting being an issue as I have everything I need in 4 chests I can reach from a single tile, Cooking Everything was far more annoying because I had nothing pre-organized or optimized for those ingredients. The House is for design, not function! OK not Kitchen function so much...

kuhtopf

Farmhand
I totally agree that makes sense but I think the problem is I have my organization down by the time the Workbench becomes a thing, so then I'll need to re-do my organization. I do not like re-organizing, it only happens when things have become such a mess that the reorg is worth the time. And you use the Workbench to make things, which I don't wanna to do much by then.

So I did the Craft Everything bit this playthrough but I don't remember the Crafting being an issue as I have everything I need in 4 chests I can reach from a single tile, Cooking Everything was far more annoying because I had nothing pre-organized or optimized for those ingredients. The House is for design, not function! OK not Kitchen function so much...
You could simply put the workstation where you would normally stand to craft - if you can reach the chest, then the workstation does, too.
I was in your shoes, too but since I learned how to efficiently use it, it’s become a huge time saver!

Lew Zealand

Helper
You could simply put the workstation where you would normally stand to craft - if you can reach the chest, then the workstation does, too.
I was in your shoes, too but since I learned how to efficiently use it, it’s become a huge time saver!
Ah! Now that would be perfect if I hadn't set up my Chests in a galley formation. If they were on the end of the row in the Shed, then setting the Workbench on my last walkable tile would be perfect (though I don't know how I'd replenish those Chests). Unfortunately, I have my most used Chests very near the Shed door and then less but still often used ones past them. I'll see if I can grab a pic.

Shed.JPG

The 6 Chests in arm's reach have pretty much everything I rummage through on a regular day though the other 7 down the lane get regular use too. If I moved the 6 to the end it could work but yeah I'm kinda stuck with what I have now, which works.

Maybe on my next save I'll arrange things in better anticipation of the Workbench.

Last edited:

kuhtopf

Farmhand
Ah! Now that would be perfect if I hadn't set up my Chests in a galley formation. If they were on the end of the row in the Shed, then setting the Workbench on my last walkable tile would be perfect (though I don't know how I'd replenish those Chests). Unfortunately, I have my most used Chests very near the Shed door and then less but still often used ones past them. I'll see if I can grab a pic.
This is my setup (circle = work station; crosses = large chests, colorcoded)
IMG_3505.jpeg
edit: and yes, the top middle chest is a bit annoying to stock but I just put the entire setup in the middle of my workshop with machines and bulk storage along the walls - not very beautiful but it works

kuhtopf

Farmhand

View attachment 23750

The 6 Chests in arm's reach have pretty much everything I rummage through on a regular day though the other 7 down the lane get regular use too. If I moved the 6 to the end it could work but yeah I'm kinda stuck with what I have now, which works.

Maybe on my next save I'll arrange things in better anticipation of the Workbench.
Yeah rearranging that to incorporate a workbench would be a little bit of work :junicheer:

Lew Zealand

Helper
I totally agree that makes sense but I think the problem is I have my organization down by the time the Workbench becomes a thing…
No. Let's cut me off right there.

I thought for some silly submarine sandwich reason that the Workbench was some late game item locked behind like Level 9 Squandering or The Volcano Dungeon Tea Room but you just buy it? Like with g and from Robin whenever you want?

???

For cheap, even. Since when? Ok yeah yeah since like forever but I rarely look at anyone's stocklist, especially Robin's. Ooo you sell Wood, that stuff even grows on Trees nowadays. Oh that's where you get the Mini-Fridge, I could have used like 3 of those when Cooking everything. Yeah I guess got the Furniture Catalog and Calendar and all those Brazier Recipes there too.

OK fine, I have inattentional blindness or unintentional mindlessness or whatever it's called, and I missed it. Next time, next time on my 18th save I'm totally gonna remember to get it just before Perfection.

Sana

Sodbuster
Current playthrough: Going the Joja Route

Okay... not THE most criminal, but I'm sure that still plenty of people consider this as "criminal" :laugh:

Furthermore, I intend to marry Sophia (Stardew Expanded) and Abigail later (using the Free Love mod). Now how's THAT for criminal behavior??? :evil::evil:

Nice SS, thatsmetttt! So what mods do you use that:

1) Change the day's name in the upper right corner to "Sex. 26"?
2) Alter the appearance of the items in your toolbar?
hahahaha I so do find the joja route criminal :laugh::grin::laugh::grin::laugh: I owned a taphouse for almost two years (it didnt make it RIP) but I have this SUPPORT SMALL LOCAL BUSINESS thing just so ingrained into my soul that I completely the community house EVERYTIME - This last time I like never petted my animals so it took me almost two years to just get duck feather lmao.

but RESPECT I also married Sophia and I'm obsessed with her! But I'm going to have to look into this free love mod bc I did feel guilty for cheating on sad boy Shane, I still love his grumpy butt! And to think I was in denial about being bi-sexual for so long lamo HAPPY PRIDE MONTH YALL 🌈

Sana

Sodbuster
I think I do a few things that are criminal-
1. With my last farm I cheated and used the endless money mod because it makes starting over just more bearable for me....
2. I let my character pass out at least 4 days a week because I'm just so hyper fixated on whatever I'm doing and if I'm in the middle of a project I will straight up not go to events like the Spring Dance/Easter/The Showcase Fair
3. I bought all my walnuts because f*** that scavenger hunt :sweat:

Sana

Sodbuster
I plant Mixed Seeds on the Ginger Island farm because the last thing I want is a bigger Farm.
I make my Farm smaller in late game, did the numbers with the kid and my farm should be a total of 78 crop tiles and no larger.
My Farm has no Iridium Sprinklers.
I have never used the Workbench, it seems useless.
I have never used a Hopper, also useless.
I'm converting the Ginger Farmland into an Orchard.
I do Qi Quests to keep entertained but have nothing to spend my ~200 Qi Gems on after:
Horse Flute​
coupla Aquatic Sanctuaries​
Shipping Bin​
Recipes​
maybe Pierre's Stocklist?​
I also plant mixed seeds on Ginger Island! I mean there are so many offered there its like that's what they want us to do right? ......but for some reason I have something against rhubarb lmao

MogBeoulve

Farmer
No. Let's cut me off right there.

I thought for some silly submarine sandwich reason that the Workbench was some late game item locked behind like Level 9 Squandering or The Volcano Dungeon Tea Room but you just buy it? Like with g and from Robin whenever you want?

???

For cheap, even. Since when? Ok yeah yeah since like forever but I rarely look at anyone's stocklist, especially Robin's. Ooo you sell Wood, that stuff even grows on Trees nowadays. Oh that's where you get the Mini-Fridge, I could have used like 3 of those when Cooking everything. Yeah I guess got the Furniture Catalog and Calendar and all those Brazier Recipes there too.

OK fine, I have inattentional blindness or unintentional mindlessness or whatever it's called, and I missed it. Next time, next time on my 18th save I'm totally gonna remember to get it just before Perfection.
I usually buy a workbench after the backpack upgrade, around the same time as I get the money and copper for a pickaxe upgrade. (Most of the time, I'll have the money, but not the ore, because my first five copper bars go toward building a silo.) When I get to Ginger Island, I bring another workbench and plonk it down next to the single chest I leave on the new farm. I am THAT lazy. (And the 2000G is trivial money by that point.)

Stealing kills in a cooperative game! It's like swiping someone's dessert when they weren't looking.
Sounds like it would be a total blast playing a co-op with you -- especially for players who want to get the special rings (like Burglar's Ring and Slime Charmer Ring) :laugh:

Okay, so I got a few more:

1) I like Clint and Demetrius.

I'm sure that most of us know just how socially awkward Clint is. However, part of me can't help but think that with the right direction, he could turn that around. In fact, I'm a little disappointed that there was not a quest line available to help Clint overcome his social miscomings. Furthermore, my very first Stardew character was a female farmer who focused on Fishing and tried to "romance" Clint by giving him all the Rubies and Emeralds she found in those Fishing Chests and was utterly disappointed that she "somehow" did not have the option to ask Clint to dance with her in the Flower Dance!

As for Demetrius, I tend to like scientific, logical people. Demetrius is certainly that! Sure, his relationship with Sebastian is not ideal, but I give him credit for trying (seeing that book about parenting in his bookshelf).

2) I NEVER decorate my Farmhouse.

Okay... not entirely true... I do put a Fish Tank in my house to place all my Legendary Fish. I also do place Leah's Sculpture and Community Hero Trophy (or Joja vending machine) close to a wall. I will also hang specialty paintings and wall decorations every now and then. I'll buy the Telephone and Furniture Catalog too. I'll also place Emily's sewing machine somewhere. And of course, there's the Bed and TV. However, outside of these items, I will never place anything that occupies tiles that I can walk on other than Flower Pots and perhaps Kegs. All too often, my Farmhouse and my Ginger Island house end up looking like botanical nurseries!

3) I give bouquets to EVERY eligible bachelor(ette) and get them all to 10 hearts.

No, I'm not that type of person IRL, but somehow, without seeing all 10 hearts lit up red in the Friendship screen for EVERYBODY, I tend to feel unfulfilled.

stardew_luv

Planter
This is something the game very much needs. If Pierre can do it to Morris, the PC should be able to do it to Qi!
YES! EXACTLY! Though, obviously, CA isn’t bothered by him and makes him a role model/hero for the game so I don’t think it would happen in vanilla.

Maybe a really talented modder can help us rebels out! 😈

stardew_luv

Planter
Okay, so I got a few more:

I'm sure that most of us know just how socially awkward Clint is. However, part of me can't help but think that with the right direction, he could turn that around. In fact, I'm a little disappointed that there was not a quest line available to help Clint overcome his social miscomings. Furthermore, my very first Stardew character was a female farmer who focused on Fishing and tried to "romance" Clint by giving him all the Rubies and Emeralds she found in those Fishing Chests and was utterly disappointed that she "somehow" did not have the option to ask Clint to dance with her in the Flower Dance!

As for Demetrius, I tend to like scientific, logical people. Demetrius is certainly that! Sure, his relationship with Sebastian is not ideal, but I give him credit for trying (seeing that book about parenting in his bookshelf).

2) I NEVER decorate my Farmhouse.

Okay... not entirely true... I do put a Fish Tank in my house to place all my Legendary Fish. I also do place Leah's Sculpture and Community Hero Trophy (or Joja vending machine) close to a wall. I will also hang specialty paintings and wall decorations every now and then. I'll buy the Telephone and Furniture Catalog too. I'll also place Emily's sewing machine somewhere. And of course, there's the Bed and TV. However, outside of these items, I will never place anything that occupies tiles that I can walk on other than Flower Pots and perhaps Kegs. All too often, my Farmhouse and my Ginger Island house end up looking like botanical nurseries!

3) I give bouquets to EVERY eligible bachelor(ette) and get them all to 10 hearts.

No, I'm not that type of person IRL, but somehow, without seeing all 10 hearts lit up red in the Friendship screen for EVERYBODY, I tend to feel unfulfilled.
YES to 1 and 2. I don’t see the hate for either. Clint is just very lonely with maybe some depression. I wish he got a chance at love through bring made romance able. Demetrius is maybe a tad on the spectrum, antisocial/socially awkward because of it. Certainly not hateable. And for all jealous Robin lovers he IS married in a least asemi happy marriage (most marriages have some issues) so keep your filthy paws off her , even in mods.

As for the farmhouse I used to decorate. Now the only decor I use is wallpaper and aquariums cause I love displaying pretty fish.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Oh boy....
This thread was made simply to expose me

1. Never let my animals outside

2. Block off my animals with other buildings and have 0 free space on the farm

3. Always do joja, don't have the cc achievement on pc still

4. Never water the dog bowl

5. Let my animals starve for months if I'm too lazy to fill silos

6. Sleep through weeks, months, years, just because I want to make cash or get to a season/date

7. Chop every tree and cover the entire map in stone pathing

8. Lock villagers inside their houses

9. Never talk to or gift my spouse in game, they are at a solid 0 hearts

10. Skip basically every cutscene

11. Leave every festival without ever doing any but the necessary attractions

I could go on but I think I've said too much already

Draconifors

Planter
These questions aren't aimed at you, just brought up by your post.

Why would anyone dislike Demetrius? I haven't seen anything whatsoever that would give me reason to do so, despite having reached 8 or 10 hearts with everyone in the household. Besides, science is cool.
I don't understand the hate for Clint, either. He's just this awkward guy who doesn't really know how to approach his crush. What's so wrong with that? Many if not most of us probably have gone or are going through a similar phase in life, even if at a younger age than Clint is.