What was your "that did not just happen" moment in your (Stardew Valley) Relationship?

A Junimo

Planter
Kind of a silly thread, but I need a laugh. Mine was with Sam (I....actually have a lot of "what am I doing here?" moments with him.) It was night, and my day had been....terrible. I got stuck in the mines with the worst luck, zero food, those horrible flying bugs blocking my way to the elevator, my health just draining away, and no copper to make up for it. I got out the elevator with, like, 1 health point. And it was 9:00, so I had to just ignore it and get home fast. Once I did, I realized a stupid crow had EATEN my DANG IRIDIUM STAR BLUEBERRIES. Of ALL THE CROPS YOU ATE, it HAD to be ThAt OnE?!!!
But anyways-having finished up all of the nighttime farm business, I trudge inside and flop on the bed.
"“I wonder if the moon is visible tonight?" My loving husband muses, completely oblivious to my bruises and telltale "leave me alone!" face.
He sidles into the bed, next to me. "So, did you get everything done on the farm today? If you didn't I won't be mad!”
What.
The.
Hell.
Excuse me??!!! Mr-Lies-Around-Drinking-Coke-All-Day I don't think you have the right to tell ME you WON'T BE MAD if I didn't do MY dang JOB.
50,000 gold, goodbye!!

Last edited:

Sophie

Tiller
Mine was also with Sam - who I actually rather liked being married to generally - in spite of the fact that he was rather lazy.
I was used to talking to him now and again throughout the day and mostly got the same pleasant answers - but all of a sudden one night he complains that I leave to much stuff around the house and he didn't like to have to deal with this "after a hard days work" - really Sam, haven't you said several times the best part of being married meant you didn't have to work at the Jojamart??

Quillmagic

Farmer
On my mobile account, I married Sam. He kept giving me instant pancakes, because "Mom always did the cooking". While I'm here working my butt off to earn all our money, why don't YOU try to learn??? You are home 5 out of 7 days of the week and it apparently takes half a second to learn a recipe on the Queen of Sauce!

Chililover

Planter
On my mobile account, I married Sam. He kept giving me instant pancakes, because "Mom always did the cooking". While I'm here working my butt off to earn all our money, why don't YOU try to learn??? You are home 5 out of 7 days of the week and it apparently takes half a second to learn a recipe on the Queen of Sauce!
he was probably writing a fan fic about joja cola lol!

It was mid winter when I had triggered Maru's 2 heart event, in which her father obliquely hints that you should direct your amorous attentions elsewhere.

That totally-not-chrismas, Demetrius was my 'secret santa', and he gifted me... a bomb.

I can take a hint, dude. I was just giving her some batteries she had requested, sheesh. No need to go all Breaking Bad on me.

Chililover

Planter
It was mid winter when I had triggered Maru's 2 heart event, in which her father obliquely hints that you should direct your amorous attentions elsewhere.

That totally-not-chrismas, Demetrius was my 'secret santa', and he gifted me... a bomb.

I can take a hint, dude. I was just giving her some batteries she had requested, sheesh. No need to go all Breaking Bad on me.
That's why you lock your doors at night lol!

Ereo

Helper
I think if your spouse feeds your animal, they don't use your hay. So it could be useful if you're low.

imnvs

Local Legend
I've got some good ones...

Abigail, in a heart event in the mountains in the rain... she comments on me getting soaked and says to come stand under the tree with her. Funny thing is, the tree that is supposed to be there was cut down the day before so there's only a tiny sapling there that nobody could possibly fit under. I laughed pretty good about that one.

Lewis, come the feast of the winter star sends the letter telling you who your secret friend is and tells you to tell nobody, especially your secret friend... and my friend is... Lewis! I was like... wait, did Lewis just tell me, "I'm your secret friend! Make sure not to tell me!"

Those, of course, were non-romantic, for romantic, as a few have already said, Leah, keeps watering things that have sprinklers and feeding animals in deluxe barns/coops. I thank her anyway. 😄

Sophie

Tiller
Lewis, come the feast of the winter star sends the letter telling you who your secret friend is and tells you to tell nobody, especially your secret friend... and my friend is... Lewis! I was like... wait, did Lewis just tell me, "I'm your secret friend! Make sure not to tell me!"
Lol - bet he pretended to be surprised when you gave him his gift - "Really? You were my secret santa??"

A Junimo

Planter

Ha!

A Junimo

Planter
I've got some good ones...

Abigail, in a heart event in the mountains in the rain... she comments on me getting soaked and says to come stand under the tree with her. Funny thing is, the tree that is supposed to be there was cut down the day before so there's only a tiny sapling there that nobody could possibly fit under. I laughed pretty good about that one.

Those, of course, were non-romantic, for romantic, as a few have already said, Leah, keeps watering things that have sprinklers and feeding animals in deluxe barns/coops. I thank her anyway. 😄
Yeah, ConcernedApe has to fix the secret santa thing.