What music do you think Stardew Valley characters would like?

imnvs

Local Legend
In my mind...

Sam absolutely listens to AWOLNATION
Harvey listens to 70s rock
Sebastian listens to emo/goth/edm
Shane listens to metal
Sam listens to nu-metal
Elliot listens to classical
Abigail listens to gothpunk
Emily listens to Enya and Florence and the Machines
Haley listens to current pop
Leah listens to ambient and folk
Maru listens to techno
Penny listens to whatever the person she's hanging out with listens to

ArtifactSpot

NM The game came out in 2016 so my post was irrelevant. DANG I’m old! For some reason I thought this was released late 90’s/early 2000’s. So I babysat Caroline, Jodi and maybe even Robin. That would make me like Clint and maybe Marnie’s age? I hate reality. I will have a WHOLE new perspective playing this game that I will NEVER be able to shake. I think I’ll be hanging out in the mines even more now, taking out my frustration with aging out on monsters and breaking rocks. Hiding from the youngins everywhere around me. George and Evelyn are my parents age so I need to visit them much more! I don’t think I can even marry the older bachelors now cause again I was their babysitters irl, or even older than that. Oh Krobus where are you….? Where do you get that void pendant anyways?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sebastian - emo
Shane - heavy metal or metalcore
Sam - ska or pop punk
Alex - 90's nu metal
Leah - folk rock
Penny - 80's and early 90's rock
Pam - easy listening rock
Lewis - modern jazz
Pierre - classical
Carolyn - occult hard rock
Abigail - hardcore punk and 90's grunge
Marnie - country
Jodi - anything new and popular
Kent - country or 70's soft rock
Willie - 60's and 70's folk rock
Maru - experimental industrial rock
Demetrius - doesn't listen to music, he prefers the sounds of nature
Linus - secretly enjoys goth rock from when he used to live in the city and go to the underground clubs
Robyn - 90's power ballads
George - early 50's jazz
Evelyn - 60's jive rock
Harvey - lofi beats
Clint - modern popular rock
Krobus - old school hip hop
Gunther and Rasmodius - medieval
Marlon - 80's hair metal
Sandi - techno
Qi - Japanese anime metal
abigail is 100% someone inspired by joan jett or other girl punk bands :-) and nirvana or silverchair of course! and she's able to perform a perfect cover from the band cranberries song is "zombie" as a lead singer

Demetrius - Bach organ fugues and clavier works. Nothing choral or with violins.

Marnie - Bluegrass.

Rasmodius - That very special kind of experimental classical music that has a line in its score for a disassembled AM radio.

Krobus - Glam Rock.

Dwarf - Early 70s heavy metal, from before the hair bands came and ruined everything.

Professor Snail - He has a radio playing the sort of melodic jazz that demands nothing of the listener.
yes marnie with bluegrass fits perfect! fiddle with banjo like that https://youtu.be/NMAPOQedRxA or that https://youtu.be/JsixsbwlG1E

In my mind...

Sam absolutely listens to AWOLNATION
Harvey listens to 70s rock
Sebastian listens to emo/goth/edm
Shane listens to metal
Sam listens to nu-metal
Elliot listens to classical
Abigail listens to gothpunk
Emily listens to Enya and Florence and the Machines
Haley listens to current pop
Leah listens to ambient and folk
Maru listens to techno
Penny listens to whatever the person she's hanging out with listens to
i had to google "awolnation"...and i must admit i hate this "sail" song, it's terrible. is it worth looking for better titles or?

Jayamos

Farmer
Emily listens to Grimes, much to Haley's chagrin as she's more of a Dua Lipa girl
Abigail says she's exclusively an EDM fan, but her favorite singer is actually Lana Del Rey
Penny is a Swiftie
George and Evelyn's 'song' is In Spite of Ourselves by John Prine and Iris DeMent
Grimes? Noooooo!
Lana del Rey: strange girl
Penny is definitely a Swiftie and wishes that shade of lipstick went with her hair
And “In Spite of Ourselves” is so exactly right for these two I can’t even.

i had to google "awolnation"...and i must admit i hate this "sail" song, it's terrible. is it worth looking for better titles or?
Sail is the only song of theirs I've ever listened to but it's the only awolnation song I've ever needed because I can relate to it's lyrics and the fan made video of the girls with the garden hose is hilarious--but if one listens based off sound alone I can definitely see how it can be perceived as off-putting! I'll never forget how shocked I was when the class that graduated high school the year after me chose it as their class song; a song with lyrics like, "maybe I should k*ll myself" doesn't really scream, "appropriate for a celebratory occasion in a rural town that will send you [an, at the time, 17 year old girl] hate mail for writing an 'uncouth' article in the school paper about your journalism teacher's newfound medical condition that the same teacher helped you write," but they did the darn thing, haha.

@Brave Little Sapling's encyclopedic knowledge of music is mind blowing. I still think Krobus is all about the David Bowie and Iggy Stardust, and Dwarf about Black Sabbath and BoC. But that was one epic catalogue of deep musical lore you posted up there.
:heart: Thank you for the kind words! I can see Krobus and Dwarf listening to those artists as well--who doesn't love Bowie!--I just feel that all communities need at least one Juggalo and if any villager would be one, I'd put my money on Dwarf based off feeling alone.

Hi! Today I was thinking about Emily while listening to Phish (one of my favorite bands of all time) and I thought that she would probably like their live music (specially their more spacey and atmospheric jams) and that made me wonder what music would other characters from the game like, so I made an account here to ask you guys. I thought about Penny liking ambient for reading too but I'd love to see what ideas you have for other characters!
can't leave out my character...enjoy yourself

It's 4:30 a.m. on a Wednesday and I just realized I forgot to say that Shane's favorite bands are Nine Inch Nails and Mud Vayne.
Morris listens to the Dave Matthews Band--because that is my all time least favorite band IRL.