What music do you think Stardew Valley characters would like?

lightbulb

Newcomer
Hi! Today I was thinking about Emily while listening to Phish (one of my favorite bands of all time) and I thought that she would probably like their live music (specially their more spacey and atmospheric jams) and that made me wonder what music would other characters from the game like, so I made an account here to ask you guys. I thought about Penny liking ambient for reading too but I'd love to see what ideas you have for other characters!

Jayamos

Farmer
Hah, this is fun. Some kind of experimental/techno for Maru, folk/Americana for Leah, pure pop for Haley. I see ambient for Penny but I also think great belters/balladeers like Adele. Alex is straight up guitar rock. Elliott likes Chopin and Cole Porter.

yvvt0379

Farmhand
Alex likes trap-rap because I think that fits well with a sports player who has big muscles 😜
Elliott likes soothing & quiet music because it helps him calm down as a writer
Robin likes jazz music or R&B
Haley likes K-Pop
Sam likes any kind of pop music 😄
Penny & Jodi likes music that has a lot of emotions
Caroline likes music in 90s-00s

Sebastian - emo
Shane - heavy metal or metalcore
Sam - ska or pop punk
Alex - 90's nu metal
Leah - folk rock
Penny - 80's and early 90's rock
Pam - easy listening rock
Lewis - modern jazz
Pierre - classical
Carolyn - occult hard rock
Abigail - hardcore punk and 90's grunge
Marnie - country
Jodi - anything new and popular
Kent - country or 70's soft rock
Willie - 60's and 70's folk rock
Maru - experimental industrial rock
Demetrius - doesn't listen to music, he prefers the sounds of nature
Linus - secretly enjoys goth rock from when he used to live in the city and go to the underground clubs
Robyn - 90's power ballads
George - early 50's jazz
Evelyn - 60's jive rock
Harvey - lofi beats
Clint - modern popular rock
Krobus - old school hip hop
Gunther and Rasmodius - medieval
Marlon - 80's hair metal
Sandi - techno
Qi - Japanese anime metal

yvvt0379

Farmhand
Alex likes trap-rap because I think that fits well with a sports player who has big muscles 😜
Elliott likes soothing & quiet music because it helps him calm down as a writer
Robin likes jazz music or R&B
Haley likes K-Pop
Sam likes any kind of pop music 😄
Penny & Jodi likes music that has a lot of emotions
Caroline likes music in 90s-00s
And vincent & jas like japanese anime music

murphybridget

Greenhorn
Hah, this is fun. Some kind of experimental/techno for Maru, folk/Americana for Leah, pure pop for Haley. I see ambient for Penny but I also think great belters/balladeers like Adele. Alex is straight up guitar rock. Elliott likes Chopin and Cole Porter.
Penny's dual interests in ambient and belters/balladeers like Adele suggest a depth of emotion and a taste for both ethereal sounds and powerful vocals. Alex's straight-up guitar rock inclination likely matches his rugged and adventurous spirit, while Elliott's appreciation for Chopin and Cole Porter indicates a refined and classical sensibility.

Maher

Sodbuster
Demetrius - Bach organ fugues and clavier works. Nothing choral or with violins.

Marnie - Bluegrass.

Rasmodius - That very special kind of experimental classical music that has a line in its score for a disassembled AM radio.

Krobus - Glam Rock.

Dwarf - Early 70s heavy metal, from before the hair bands came and ruined everything.

Professor Snail - He has a radio playing the sort of melodic jazz that demands nothing of the listener.

Sebastian's favorite band is Deftones
Linus gets down to CCR and Bob Dylan, but he heard a Mumford and Sons song in 2011 and he loved the sound
Marnie can't get over Billy Ray Cyrus, in fact, she's the cause of his achy breaky heart
Willy clearly digs a good shanty, as does Birdie, but she's a huge Dido and Jewel fan since her husband's death
Emily listens to Grimes, much to Haley's chagrin as she's more of a Dua Lipa girl
Abigail says she's exclusively an EDM fan, but her favorite singer is actually Lana Del Rey
Elliot loves anything with a good piano, but he has a deep appreciation for John Cale and The Velvet Underground
Lewis, while opposed to unionization, actually really likes the Almanac Singers and Woody Guthrie
Clint is Coal Chamber's biggest fan, so much so, they actually banned him from attending live shows because he got too intense one night
Sam loves Tyler, The Creator for his artistic vision
Penny is a Swiftie
George and Evelyn's 'song' is In Spite of Ourselves by John Prine and Iris DeMent
Alex gets pumped to Jay Z and A$AP Rocky, but when he's in his feelings, he reaches for Hootie and the Blowfish because that was his mom's favorite band
Pam is literally obsessed with Billy Joel
Gus has loved the Steve Miller Band since he did LSD in 1978
Demetrius prefers ambient noise like rain storm audio, but in his youth, he was a huge fan of Run DMC and the Beastie Boys
Maru only listens to indie artists you've never heard of on principle
Robin got through her divorce thanks to Shania Twain and she can still sing all of the songs on the Come On Over album from memory
Jodie watched The Wall with an old flame and has listened almost exclusively to Pink Floyd ever since
Kent is more of a Tim McGraw guy, but he couldn't have gotten through the war without Disturbed
Pierre has never revealed to Caroline that his favorite band is ABBA and as a result, he only listens to classic rock even though he hates Van Halen
Caroline loves Cyndi Lauper and 80's era Madonna
Harvey has been a Lenny Kravitz fan since the song Fly Away came out because he related to it so deeply
Sandy definitely listens to MIA and anything with a more continental Indian sound
Krobus loves Ozzy and Black Sabbath
Dwarf is a Juggalo and never misses a Gathering
Professor Snail prefers talk radio
The Wizard listens to Witchy Woman by the Eagles a lot, but while he's working, he prefers classical pieces
Marlon and Gil met at a Metallica show back in the late 80's when they moshed too hard together and have been best friends ever since
The children's music taste is up in the air because they're tots, but they all agree that K-pop is fun to listen to even though they can't understand the words