what kind of disasters have happened to you?

MogBeoulve

Farmer
My first dragon tooth fell into the lava.

I assumed that Leo would like cookies.

Since I get lazy about clearing trees, it gets wildly overgrown and I can't see anything. I just started chopping down trees, and I think I accidentally killed a bush that won't grow back now. I don't even know what I hit. I felt really guilty about it, so I built a shed over the area and pretended that I totally meant to do that.

Also, I don't have enough rabbits. This is a terrible tragedy.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I started a Farm on the Hilltop map.

Yeah, I know! The mother of all Stardew Disasters.

While I do like fun challenges, the miscalculation is that this ceased to be fun, which was a shame as Abby kept asking me if we could have kids Slimes and I couldn't fit them anywhere on the stinkin' map. So I edited my save file and completely bunged up my Farm with soggy veggies floating inaccessibly in the ponds and those layabout Ducks wouldn't even harvest them for me. Something about no thumbs.

Excuses.

Don't get me started on the Junimos, apparently their labor contract forbids them getting wet, at least that's the excuse they gave me while lazily sipping their ice teas. Fine. Finefine, I'll just put it back to Hilltop and suffer in silence (ha! fat chance on the silence...). And I bungled that too as it was now stuck in its half-new farm state. OK I've had enough.

There the farm sat in embarrassing disarray and vegetable dampness for years while the Cult of Abby here on the Forums dissipated, until a few new Abby-appreciators joined and I was inspired to try again. I eventually found the save, tried to restore it to at least Hilltop "functionality" and succeeded this time. Not willing to settle for success, then I really tried to do things right. This is usually how things go wrong but hey you'll never know for sure that you failed if you don't try, eh?

Anyhow I suppose the gods must be lazy or were vacationing as I harvested everything, moved all my Farm buildings to safe non-liquefacting locations on both maps, and edited my save from Hilltop to regular farm map and... it worked! The indestructible Hilltop bushes are still there, so it's not perfect.

But hey, Abby's got her Slimes now, so that's pretty close.

Last edited:
I accidentally blew up my fruit trees. I accidentally placed a regular tree and a tap in an area that I soon realized I could not reach. To get my stuff back, I tried using bombs. It worked a little too well, and I lost a lot of money. This was back when I first started playing, and if it happened now, it wouldn’t be as big of a deal. But those trees are expensive.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
It's been a while since I bombed anything urgent (I tend to not take my bombs home unless I fall asleep in the caverns, so I mostly drop them when I didn't mean to in the caverns where it's not so bad), but when Spring returned, and there were grass and weeds in all the places I didn't want grass and weeds... so I scythed too close to my first mushroom tree on this whole farm just as it was peeping out of the ground. I restarted the day over that.

VampireCake

Rancher
Count me in on those who've accidentally blown something up with a bomb. I now have a 'nothing it would be bad to click accidentally on the hotbar unless I'm using it right now' rule. Bombs, return scepter etc. Things that go boom have their own chest outside, on their own. By the postbox, because Kent helpfully likes to send live munitions through the mail and is probably going to get both of us put on a list somewhere one of these days.

Accidentally going down a random just-opened ladder in the mines because I was trying to click on something else.

Ereo

Helper
I once found a very early (first week of spring) ancient seed that I planted immediately. At that time I was sometimes playing on pc and sometimes on mobile. On mobile, there is auto-tool select. On PC there isn't, so I pickaxed it instead of watering... Before it was fully grown, of course.

I restarted the day.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I love how bombs are implicated in 90% of these. I haven't started hunting mummies so they aren't a weakness of mine (yet).
Thank you all for sharing your bomb stories and affirming why I don't like to use bombs!
Bombs are great! just not outside the mines lol
Yeah, I feel like I missed the theme here.

I also don't like carrying Bombs around because I would certainly be Bombing many things out of hamfistedness, general confusion, and frantic buttonmashing. Instead, they are kept safely in a Chest that is dedicated to Skull Cavern/Mines/Volcano runs along with the Food buffs and their associated Gems for Desert Trader trading. Those crafty Bombs are not allowed out of their little Bombhouse under any other circumstances for the safety of the Farmer and her fragile attempts at organization and design.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I’m making cabins and accidentally softlocked myself and had to destroy some coops and fix a bunch due to really really laggy internet and my save file being so horrid in multiplayer it takes the other person 3-4 in game hours to load areas of the map. Not fun.

I’m not sure if this is a ‘disaster’, but I really regret it. I found dark boots in a fishing treasure chest and I got really upset. So I closed out the game. (Aka rage-quitting)
Basically, getting any footwear from a fishing treasure chest is a 0.012% chance, as rare as a prismatic shard. I’ve been looking for the work boots that you can only get from fishing treasure chests if you don’t have remixed mines. Like I said, getting them is super rare, so I got upset that I got the absurd luck to get footwear, but they weren’t the ones I wanted.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Oh my gosh. I can now believe any and all bomb-related incidents and actually am stunned there are not more.

I finally enchanted a weapon with Crusader, and decided to prepare for a Skull Cavern run. So I found my bombs and staircases and made a new chest to hold them, along with any food I could use.

Immediately, I blew up my first bomb, right at my feet. IMMEDIATELY. Ow.

I put my first and only Ostrich Egg in the fridge ... (the rest is fried egg) ...

Lew Zealand said:
Don't get me started on the Junimos, apparently their labor contract forbids them getting wet, at least that's the excuse they gave me while lazily sipping their ice teas.
I have raised their salaries, sent them three disciplinary warning letters, threatened them with dismissal ... and they don't give a damn, but continue to sip their ice tea! 🤬🤬🤬 WHY?!!! After all, they are nature-creatures, aren't they? Do I really have to explain to them that RAIN IS NATURE?!

Last edited:

Elenna101

Farmer
ETA: Okay, sometimes it's you weren't paying attention and died in the mines/SC.
Oh yeah, I was doing hard mode SC the other day. 11:30pm, got some nice loot, hit floor 100 and got the Qi gems. I died and was thinking "well, okay, if I don't lose anything too valuable I can just leave it and not reset the day". And it was a best luck day, so I figured I wouldn't lose too many items at least. This is what I lost:
1681251092504.png

Gave in, reset the day, and died again. That time it was at 9am and I'd barely made any progress, so of course I was going to reset the day no matter what I lost.
I lost absolutely nothing.