What is your favorite MUST HAVE Mod??

Quirinea

Farmer
I personally don't like this mod. It feels weird. And I have some different beliefs than the mod author (Caroline is the wizard's daughter).
I had one playthrough with it and did not like it much (RSV(Riverside Village)¤ is at the moment my favourite expansion mod): many of the characters were interesting, but it had huge monotonous areas, was unbalanced (in base game you don't have unlimited easy wood and easy unlimited winter hay), and also felt weird (much occult).
And a reason I do not even try to use it, even to check compatibility: the file permissions are broken in Linux. To install it I must use root access and then manually fix each directory. Not worth the hassle (I tried to report it but the only answer I got was a rude comment from somebody outsider who did not see the problem).

¤RSV adds a large extra area as a separate village, with a lot of interesting (and BTW ethnically diverse) people.

You always can mod the mod :P
But hey, there are a lot of mods here and there to choose your favourite, so just try one that you like (or maybe make yours).
That's my point. I don't like expanded and in many internet arguments I am the only one who has a negative opinion

Rasmodius

Cowpoke
That's my point. I don't like expanded and in many internet arguments I am the only one who has a negative opinion
Of course you are free to think that way. Don't worry about that, you probably find more people than doesn't like that mod (Maybe me when I explore it more).
Anyways, Stardew Valley is wonderful and it make people be united, so please don't let mods undo what ConcernedApe did.