What is your favorite MUST HAVE Mod??

Kreeate

Rancher
For me it is definitely the Automate, Expanded Storage and Automatic gates mods. I can't even imagine playing Stardew Valley without these anymore.

Automate - Enables automation of virtually every "machine" in the game.
Expanded Storage - Enables more slots in chests with option to set it to infinity if you're that way inclined. Can also search within chests, and all chests have category tabs.
Automatic gates - Just as it says. Simply run through your gates and they open and close automatically. Does not work for animals so it's ideal for pens etc.

Last edited:
For me it is definitely the Automate., Expanded Storage and Automatic gates mods. I can't even imagine playing Stardew Valley without these anymore.

Automate - Enables automation of virtually every "machine" in the game.
Expanded Storage - Enables more slots in chests with option to set it to infinity if you're that way inclined. Can also search in within chests and all chests have category tabs.
Automatic gates - Just as it says. Simply run through your gates and they open and close automatically. Does not work for animals so it's ideal for pens etc.
I just discovered Automate and it has changed the game for me haha! But Automatic gates and expanded storage?? I can definitely see why that is a must have for you and I am adding those now. Thank you!

Great topic... I've been curious of this myself along with the reasons for each being a favorite mod. I've got a game I plan to simultaneously play (not synced of course) unmodded on mobile and modded on PC (for now). I want to objectively (or somewhat) experiment with how big of a difference various mods makes to my game, just out of sheer curiosity and nerd giggles. A friend mentioned mods and I have to admit I'm curious to scope this out for the automate and automatic gates after reading this. Pure nerd joy! Heheheheh :)

I look forward to hearing more of people's favs, thanks for sharing!

Great topic... I've been curious of this myself along with the reasons for each being a favorite mod. I've got a game I plan to simultaneously play (not synced of course) unmodded on mobile and modded on PC (for now). I want to objectively (or somewhat) experiment with how big of a difference various mods makes to my game, just out of sheer curiosity and nerd giggles. A friend mentioned mods and I have to admit I'm curious to scope this out for the automate and automatic gates after reading this. Pure nerd joy! Heheheheh :)

I look forward to hearing more of people's favs, thanks for sharing!
I completely understand that! I have played SDV for a long time without mods but honestly, it has been a nice breath of fresh air. So many new things to explore :) I have been enjoying the Stardew Valley Expanded and Ridgeside Valley mods! So much more to explore now. Happy Birthday mod is super cute because you get to have your own birthday and get gifts on that day you choose! Plus, the multiple spouses and extra dialogue have been interesting as well!

One of the few mods I've used is Unlimited Players, which is a great for a multiplayer game if you have more than 4 people that want to play. Only the host needs to install it, which makes setup easy. (I know it's possible to increase the 4 player limit on PC via editing startup preferences, but I find this method easier.)
Honestly, I can see where this would be super helpful! I love playing with my friends but unfortunately I only have two friends that play this game haha. But I shall keep this one in mind in the future if I ever need more than 4 players :happy:

Midnightauro

Greenhorn
I've modded the game for a while now and I didn't know this one was a thing. This is life changing magic! Automate has long been a favorite though, it's just so nice to have.

Also I need a fishing mod to play the minigame. On mobile with a controller I can use my thumb and I can catch some fish but on pc my fingers just won't cooperate with the mouse. If you struggle like I do, modding is the way to go! My choice here changes every update honestly.

Chests Anywhere is really cheaty but nice once you're on your 8th playthrough and just cannot even with inventory management. My pockets are now black holes, compete with that Pierre... 😂

Tom

Rancher
I'm only using four: TimeSpeed (stop or slow time), RunningLate (time to the minute), UI Info Suite, and LookupAnything (F1 key = wiki level+ info on things). Of those, I think my favorite and most used is UI Info Suite. It shows things like
  • Days to harvest/ready on hover
  • Skill level progress
  • Prices/totals
  • Community center usability/need/bundle

Last edited:

Xyrella

Planter
TimeSpeed (stop or slow time)
Yes! TimeSpeed!
I didn't want to mod the game because I thought that vanilla already had so many features and that more and more are being added with every update. So why a mod? It's not a Bethesda game. Until after a long break I was on Ginger Island for the first times and thought to myself: Wow, I definitely need more day time! So I searched a bit at Nexus and found TimeSpeed, where you can edit the tick length (the 10 minutes steps in game. Default at about 7 seconds) in the config, among other things. I edited the tick length for all locations to 20 seconds and it is so relaxed now. Do your daily stuff and have time to discover everything thoroughly. Yes, that's my way to play. I don't like time challenges. Reaching Level 100 in the skull cavern was hard enough. Now, I have the time. Endorsed this mod! :smile:

So this is my one and only mod since... ehm... over 3 years? When I first started to play? Yeah, could be.

Reactions: Tom

Quillmagic

Farmer
Must have, just Seasonal Villager outfits. Although I’ve really gotten attached to SVE. And for that, I need NPC map locations, since the map is WAY too large for me to find anybody.

Kurachi84

Planter
Many are fun and good, but the only reason i still play SDV, is because of Timespeed.
(story coming up)
I bought this game in a very stressful time, and when i was new, i tried stuff, but didn't wanna touch mods, in case they'd break my game.
I was playing around, and was like "oh, let's finish this quest!" but was too late, and had to hurry each day, as i had no idea what i was doing.
So i was even more stressed out after 3-4 ingame days, and i quit... but since i wasn't gonna play anymore, i was gonna check how mods work, see if it's safe.
Then when i started to understand it, i had such long days, and then cane Fishing Mod, which i need for fishing, as my brains are damaged since i was 11 (37 now), and the minigame is crazy to me, so i like instant catching.
This all started to become so much fun, that i stayed and tried many mods(many gone or merged into other mods, like Cheat Mod), and i could finally do whatever i wanted, and i started to learn about the game, and i love it.

Timespeed made me able to relax, especially when pausing the timer, if i feel stressed and want to do some fun stuff, or try stuff out.
Then came several of the "Better (feature)" mods, and now i can just change the settings each time i feel i wanna spice things up, or have a relaxed day.
Longer days can make a person enjoy playing around way more, to my experience.
Even Automate won't be my favorite, as i can do it manually with the timer paused, taking the time, if i'd want to, haha.
Nowadays i'm exhausted due to reallife happenings, but when i get a better PC or laptop (my old laptop is weak, and PC died some time ago), i'll be using even more mods, as i found some fun ones to try on Nexus.

Reactions: Tom

Lokomoqo

Greenhorn
I love the "GetGlam" mod. It allows you to edit your appearance without having to befriend the wizard. It also has some blushes and lipsticks you can put on your character! You can save multiple looks plus it adds a nice dresser in your house.
Overall, highly recommend this mod! :heart:

Quirinea

Farmer
Fishing Made Easy is a must for me. I'm just lousy at fishing. The other important ones are Timespeed (especially if I have mods that add areas or people to visit!) and Fast Petting and Better Ranching (so I don't spend all the in-game day running after hens and cows). NPCMapLocations and GiftTasteHelper
Most of the rest are ones I put on and off for different saves for new characters, new areas, extra content. RSV and East Scarp (not in the current save as I'm testing my translation mode), Walk to the Desert, Juliet and Jessie. Also farm map mods -- a new one for every playthrough.
I rarely use mods that just change how things look, I'm afraid that I already have too much extra stuff and the game will start to lag...