What hobbies have you picked up during lockdown?

LRangerR

Local Legend
For me it was cooking. I find it as a good way to occupy my time as well as reducing food costs by not having to eat out so much. Also cooking stuff usually tastes better too (unless i forgot that i left a tortilla on the stove or something).

I picked drawing and teaching. I enjoy drawing things I like, like my favorite cartoons and games. I also enjoy teaching... well, my little brother is my only student. (I can review myself about the lesson I used to learn, and... I have more power upon him! Hahaha! I mean, uh, responsibilities.)

Anhaga

Rancher
Learning how to put my kids outside, regardless of their fussing about the weather? We've had them home too long, and my sympathy about crap weather has been whittled down to 0 because the noise and fighting is just too constant. "You've got a raincoat and boots. You'll be fine. We'll tell you when you can come back in."

It doesn't hurt that I bike to work even in the driving rain. Just standing outside in the back yard doesn't get you half as wet as biking through the rain.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Learning how to put my kids outside, regardless of their fussing about the weather? We've had them home too long, and my sympathy about crap weather has been whittled down to 0 because the noise and fighting is just too constant. "You've got a raincoat and boots. You'll be fine. We'll tell you when you can come back in."

It doesn't hurt that I bike to work even in the driving rain. Just standing outside in the back yard doesn't get you half as wet as biking through the rain.
Well as long as they don't get sick it's all good i guess. Build's up their immune system and what not, right? lol

Nekoruchii

Cowpoke
Its not a hobby but I learned to insanely multitask while working from home. My company decided to put several series of reducing work hours or reducing people (yeah, they put me on floating status a day before my regularization part 2) and when I came back, they made me do the work of 5 people alone (or in duo if I have someone along within my shift, but mostly alone because ----). When I get hungry, I bring my laptop at the kitchen and cook while monitoring emails and call volume if its not very busy. Or play another game while working too.

I'm also leaving them soon as I no longer can take it. I already got hired elsewhere and just waiting for a start date.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Its not a hobby but I learned to insanely multitask while working from home. My company decided to put several series of reducing work hours or reducing people (yeah, they put me on floating status a day before my regularization part 2) and when I came back, they made me do the work of 5 people alone (or in duo if I have someone along within my shift, but mostly alone because ----). When I get hungry, I bring my laptop at the kitchen and cook while monitoring emails and call volume if its not very busy. Or play another game while working too.

I'm also leaving them soon as I no longer can take it. I already got hired elsewhere and just waiting for a start date.
This sounds like the plot of SDV. Does your grandpa own a farm?

Anhaga

Rancher

Good luck! I hope things get better with the spoiler. :smile:

Anhaga

Rancher
Well as long as they don't get sick it's all good i guess. Build's up their immune system and what not, right? lol
Yeah, we're going with the "there is no bad weather, only inadequate clothing" theory of raising children. It gives them something to complain about!

And I realized I had another thing I've learned to do recently, that's kind of due to the pandemic and the fact that I have to take a pack lunch to work (cause we're down an income with my husband needing to stay home and take care of the kids): I finally have learned how to do hot water pastry dough, and it's awesome. I can now make meat pies and Cornish pasties for my lunches.