1.6 Update What happened in your game today?

mare

Sodbuster
I was visiting the Saloon today and checking on Gus, who was, as usual, trapped between the door and my flamingos.
I thought, “Yep, everything looks normal!” 😂
But then, somehow, Gus managed to escape! 🫢
This was serious, so I decided to follow him and see where he was going.
To my surprise, he headed to the Community Center.
“Wait… Gus should be at the Saloon at this time,” I thought.
But there he was, doing something in the kitchen.
This is my chance!!
So, naturally, my mischievous side took over, and I surrounded Gus with flamingos again. 😂🦩
Gus seemed pretty annoyed by this and destroyed the flamingos, then simply walked straight through the wall and disappeared into the darkness. 😂😂😂
I thought, “Maybe he went back to the Saloon?!”
IMG_7813.jpeg

So I went to check.
Emily and Pam were there. Gus was nowhere to be found. 🫢
The next day, I went to see what Gus was up to…
And there he was again, trapped between the door and my flamingos like nothing had ever happened. 😂

Gus… what on earth are you doing?!
Gus…YouTube…
 

KarinL

Farmer
So this is Year 4. Another Spring. Another field of cauliflower. Actually, Zuzu City wants 100 of them, so I have more planted than usual.

I now have a Statue of Endless Fortune and I'm going to save up for a Return Sceptre.

I realised once everything was planted that I totally forgot about my strawberries. I have over 50 strawberry seeds, but I guess they'll have to keep for next spring.

In the second week I picked up Qi's Crops. I need to get 500 blue smiley faces shipped in 21 days. Should be do-able. In two days I found about 20, and made hyper-speedgrow for all of them. I planted them on the home farm. Once I can harvest them and use my seed makers I will plant a second batch on the Ginger Island farm.
So the rest of the week was spent setting up my Qi crop fields.

On Saturday everything was ready for harvesting at once. I ran between Ginger Island, my farm and the desert (to buy seeds, since Pierre would be closed). I bought a pink bunny and two lawn flamingos at the Egg Festival and beat Abigail in the egg hunt. I also bought more strawberry seeds - I have 72 now, for next spring.

I planted 96 rhubarb seeds on my home farm and 48 beets on Ginger Island to replace my starfruit. I'm keeping the other starfruit patch empty so I can fill it with more Qi beans. I filled a second sprinkler patch on my home farm with Qi beans.

Zuzu City got their cauliflowers, my farm got more Qi fruits.

.
 

Rahnee

Planter
Welpers! Prepped for the Squidfest, slept until Winter 12, and spent about 1 hour fishing up Squids.

I needed 8 Squids to get all the prizes, but I got a couple extra just to be on the safe side haha
View attachment 41080
Whoa. I am thoroughly impressed. I'm assuming squid bait, what tackle(s) did you use?

Today I started a new save - Kate is still working on her flower garden (just the one jazz left) and acquiring a tea set, and Fran is perfected so I'll leave her to her own devices. Hence, Farmer Anlei started a Meadowlands farm called Haven. This'll be my first foray into focussing on animals rather than crops, and I might even go Joja because I never have before. Had an auspicious start, I collected my personal best of 13 eggs during the first egg hunt!
 

KarinL

Farmer
Today I started a new save - Kate is still working on her flower garden (just the one jazz left) and acquiring a tea set, and Fran is perfected so I'll leave her to her own devices. Hence, Farmer Anlei started a Meadowlands farm called Haven. This'll be my first foray into focussing on animals rather than crops, and I might even go Joja because I never have before. Had an auspicious start, I collected my personal best of 13 eggs during the first egg hunt!
That's a seriously impressive egg hunt! I love the Meadowlands farm. I'm currently playing a Meadowlands farm called Meadowsweet (how original), and my farmer is Daisy. She's a shepherd.

I spent the rest of spring mainly running up and down between farms to get my Qi bean crop going. I skipped the flower dance, which is my least favourite Festival anyway. I managed to fill four plots of 48 on the Ginger Island farm, and three plots of 24 on the home farm before I started shipping out surplus fruits. Once everything was filled, I harvested every morning, made enough seeds to fill the empty spots and shipped the rest. Still, after two (of three) weeks I had shipped barely more than 100.

I went to the Desert Festival - mostly for the outfits, but I did do two of Marlon's challenges and Willy's first two challenges. Answered the questions for more eggs, and fished some out of the garbage.
I bought Harvey's radio station, but nobody else had anything I liked. So I spent the rest of my eggs on megabombs.

I did a lot of hunting for resources, I keep running out of wood and stone. At some point I found 5 Qi beans at a dig spot. Every bean I found at this stage was one more fruit I could just ship. By the middle of the week I was over 200, and after that I was cruising... I ended up overshooting the goal by over 60. Well, it beats that time that I was *one single bean* short.

Since I do have the Statue of Endless Fortune, I actually did remember everyone's birthday this season. It's fun to try to guess the birthday from the gift it spits out in the morning.

I also went down the dangerous mines again and now I have over 200 Qi gems. Enough for Pierre's stocklist, the horse fluit, the junimo trunks and probably more Qi seasoning just in case. I may get the hat. In any case, I'm ready for Summer.
.
 
I'm getting very close to perfection! There's just a handful of stuff I need to do:
- Build the island obelisk
- Earn 10 million gold / Buy the golden clock
- Complete 3 more quests
- Kill 64 more mummies
- Get 2 more stardrops (from Willy and Gunther)
- Have 1 more child
- Max out friendship with Kent and Dwarf
- Cook 25 more recipes
- Craft 96 more items
- Catch The Legend
- Get 2 more powers
- Donate 10 more artifacts/minerals
- Help the raccoons 6 more times

New hats collected: Cone hat, deluxe pirate hat, golden helmet, pageboy cap, squire's helmet

I'm almost in Spring Year 3, I will grow rhubarb and strawberries for gold. I'm also building sheds to store kegs and dehydrators.
 

Rahnee

Planter
And the secret ingredient is Auto-Hook as my enchantment
Aha, that makes so much sense!

That's a seriously impressive egg hunt!
Indeed! My previous best was 10, so I was pretty happy with it!

it beats that time that I was *one single bean* short.
Oh man, that would be SO frustrating! One of these days I'm going to knuckle down and do the math to figure out (on average of course due to the seed maker) how many beans one needs to start with/plots to use/effect of fertilizer etc in order to fulfill the challenge. Someone might have already done it, but I'll do it anyway just for fun. Hmmm. Maybe I'll do that today.
 

Cuddlebug

Farmer
Started a new save a few weeks ago, Farmer Malec (after re-reading a few Shadowhunters books I decided for a male Farmer again, looking like a mixture of Alec and Magnus and being a good fighter so far, although he focuses on farming and fishing) lives at Rocky Springs Farm (Hilltop Map) and is doing pretty well so far. He's in Fall Year 3, and playing as male always feels a bit like speed running. Malec already gained his 3rd mastery, completed CC, unlocked GI and the Movie theatre and is actually dating Leah, Emily and Maru, without having a favourite... Although following his book canon, he'll have to go for a guy, not sure about that yet... He hasn't entered the walnut room yet and misses the Scapula and a soapstone to complete the Museums collection. These are playing hard to get this time. The 2 Million Cash isn't far away, so it'll be a tough choice between Return scepter or Community Upgrades...
 

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Rowan's Cindersap Friday went about as expected, aside from the fact that the goats produced their first milk which slowed the morning a bit: Got 2 ducks and 2 geese from Marnie, got a rare seed and a bookcase from the trader, poked through the secret woods, and cleared some of the deadwood from both Cindersap and the secret woods so there was room to move.

They also remembered to try the rusty key Gunther had passed to them after the great breaking of geodes, and wandered into the sewer. The algae ridden water smelled weird, something off-putting, but not nearly as bad as human waste, and besides, it kind of glowed...

But when they walked far enough, they spotted a strange dark figure, with a little headgear, almost like a fascinator, made out of a dark speckled egg * . (which belatedly reminded Rowan they hadn't checked the coop as planned after the witch's visit), and recognized it as the strange creature they'd seen in the last winter, who'd shoved a magnifying glass at them and fled. They crouched down to look shorter than the creature, and tried to speak to it. It stood silent, and looked frustrated at first, then got a bright look on its face, and pulled out a light that wasn't dim and greenish - solar essence, Rowan noted - and picked up a book that was a bit the worse for wear from the foggy air. But they pointed to some words. The first was "Hello", next to something that looked like a scribble. The next was "I", then "sell" then - after a longer search - "Mysterious", then "goods".

Rowan remembered their strange not quite human voice from the last time, and asked, and after some more searching, the creature pointed to "Friday" and "holy", "day", and then "silence". Rowan hesitated, then asked if their own talking was rude or violating the holiness. The creature was emphatic in pointing at "no". But after a pause, added, "human", re-found "holy" and then "different".

Rowan asked about the goods, then. It was a surprisingly good collection, with a collection of dark and light essence, and a fantastic looking sprinkler Rowan grabbed a bit too eagerly. A few goods too expensive to consider for now... and, most startling of all, and just inside Rowan's budget, a stardrop.

The creature saw their expression, and urged them to eat it on the spot. Well, after they paid.

Hearing birdsong and having a mind filled with feathers and wings was very strange in that muggy musky sewer, and they suddenly felt poured full of energy - which had been flagging barely above exhaustion moments before. Apparently the creature understood big human grins, as it seemed as delighted to watch them as they were to feel it.

They had to ask its name. It considered, sighed, and pointed, one letter at a time. They sounded it out, an on their third try, it hopped up and down with agreement. Rowan repeated the name, Krobus, and, at a loss for a friendly gesture, offered it some of the tea from their thermos. This at least seemed to get a small smile. Maybe because it was a similar colour - if thankfully not smell or taste - to the sewer water.

It looked a little alarmed then Rowan stood back to their full height - but Rowan just said they'd come shopping again sometime. It smiled and waved.

Then it was back to the farm and up the north path to check in with Marlon. Well, if the price he paid for the boots and knife was very low, so at least was his fee for rescuing their sword. And those purple boots he called space boots were so much nicer than the strangely banded reddish ones Rowan had on that they also traded for those on the spot. The boots felt sturdier, too.

The next day, they checked the coop, sure enough, and held the strangely pulsing dark egg, but candling it showed a live embryo, that looked no different, so far, than any other chicken. They hesitated, but curiosity about it led them to tuck it into the incubator. It would be interesting to see what came of the chicken. That would be a bit too much for the coop, though, they only had eight nests. So, reluctantly, they reached out for Marnie to pick up one of the hedgehogs. Glory had to stay, though.

The rest of the day was catching up around the farm; getting rid of that silly sweetpea vine that was managing to grow up one of the orchard trees in a way that would stunt its growth, milking cows and goats, and setting out a new planting with the new iridium sprinkler. And some pottery. A quiet day, but that was fine.

* I have this Krobus mod set to be a random changing one every day. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/44248
 
I did the dumb meme.

Accidentally double clicked when buying Qi Coins, meaning I spent 2000G to get 200 Coins instead of just 1000 to get 100 like I'd intended. Dropping me from 8767 on hand to...

20260816130838_1.jpg

...Sigh.

Astute observers will notice I also, by hilarious and shameful coincidence, did this on Fall 11, i.e. the 67th day of the Stardew Year. Thankfully I gave Jodi her birthday gift earlier on and she did not get to see my shame
 

mare

Sodbuster
Spirit’s Eve has started! 🎃

As expected, Gus was showing off his cooking again! 😂
I was really curious about the purple bottled drink on the table. What is it?!

There were some skeletons on display, and Sebastian mentioned that it would be fun if we could decorate our farms with them. I actually agree! It would be pretty funny if my farm looked like a theme park. 😂

While I was going through the maze, I noticed something I had never paid attention to before. The Wizard and Linus are together up at the top!
Is there some connection between these two that I missed…?! 🤔
I wanted to talk to them, but they were in a place I couldn’t reach. So, just in case, I tried casting my fishing rod at them.
They didn’t seem to notice me. 🥲
IMG_7897.jpeg

Hmm… maybe if I had brought my slingshot, they might have noticed me?! 🤷
Could Linus actually be the Wizard’s secret spy…?! 😎
 

mare

Sodbuster
They do have dialogue, but normally you can't see it. And Linus refers to the wizard as "old friend"...
Old friend?! I had no idea! 😂
I always thought they might not know each other very well since they live quite far apart from each other!

I guess not knowing all the details makes it even more fun to come up with all kinds of theories and imagine what their relationship might be. 😂

Thank you for hiding the spoilers! 🙏
 

Nonak

Local Legend
Old friend?! I had no idea! 😂
I always thought they might not know each other very well since they live quite far apart from each other!

I guess not knowing all the details makes it even more fun to come up with all kinds of theories and imagine what their relationship might be. 😂

Thank you for hiding the spoilers! 🙏
Yeah, but Razzy's got teleportation, he probably wanders all around the valley with it...
You can see their quotes on the wiki — there really isn't much and still a lot of space for theorising.
 

KarinL

Farmer
I spent the first day of Summer just planting and fertilizing and clearing up the few weeds and twigs. There aren't that many, there isn't much bare soil on my farm. In the first year I carefully removed all the normal grass, and now every tillable bit is overgrown with blue grass.

The second day I made a start on the backlog in my barns and coop. It was fun doing the Qi fruit, but with the seed makers and the harvesting and sowing I barely had time to process all the animal products. I'm also totally out of resources.
I spent the rest of the week filling machines, cutting wood, harvesting fiber and hewing rocks. Still don't have much, as even Cindersap forest has decided to stay tidy this season.

I harvested my 23 fiber plants (one got eaten by a crow), and planted red cabbage. I used my fiber for tea saplings and more blue grass. I also crafted hardwood fences and brick tiles, and made a path all the way from the top exit to the bottom one, and then to the side. I'm now once again out of stone.

Thursday was Jas' birthday, and Friday I visited Robin to buy a stable. I just continued working on the farm, and the Ginger Island farm. I bought a horse flute, a pair of junimo chests and Pierre's stocklist.

.
 
Last edited:

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Old friend?! I had no idea! 😂
I always thought they might not know each other very well since they live quite far apart from each other!

I guess not knowing all the details makes it even more fun to come up with all kinds of theories and imagine what their relationship might be. 😂

Thank you for hiding the spoilers! 🙏
If you ever walk that way, Linus has his own igloo by the Wizard's tower during the ice festival, adding a little more connection.

And I don't think it's a "secret spy" situation, just a "Oh, wait, people have a life which doesn't always include the farmer" detail (something games always struggle to portray for NPCs)
 

Maher

Farmer
Buddy went to the fair, first year. He hadn't been doing much farming, but managed to beat Pierre anyway. A little time at the wheel and he was able to buy a stardrop and TurnipHead. He then went to see Welwick, who seemed to want to shidduch him up with Shane. C'mon Welwick, dragging someone out of a pool of their own vomit and to the clinic doesn't mean a marriage is in the offing! It could just be about the blue chickens!
 
Top