WE NEED THIS FEATURE !!!

Mife

Greenhorn
So, It's hard to remember how many are my animals. Clicking one per one for knowing it's status. It's tiring us..!!
So please "add the animal data & status" so we can easily know our animals status. Peace :)

Steam Discussion Forum:

Ereo

Helper
It would be cool to see it in the farm computer though. At least how many animals you have, if they are happy and how many hearts they have.

If the computer can show number of unwatered tiles and ready to harvest, it might well show number of unpet animals.

It would be cool to see it in the farm computer though. At least how many animals you have, if they are happy and how many hearts they have.

If the computer can show number of unwatered tiles and ready to harvest, it might well show number of unpet animals.
Exactly my thought. Also the computer could show the status of the GI-farm.

The only status I would like is a animal age/ happiness and parentage. You know the type of journal that responsible animal breeders keep.

I used to breed hunting dogs. We kept journals detailing any medical expenses, estrus cycles, weight gain/loss, or peculiarities. This helped us determine which were to breed and which were to go to vet (snip). I mean it wasn't no puppy mill. We were giving genealogy of hybrid breeds that are not recognized by the kennel clubs. These breeds led to healthier dogs as they were not line bred or inbred. Those pups could sell for $400. The trained product was around $2000 at a year old. (Included this section to show relevance to actual rural life and animal husbandry please do not take as off topic)

That type of journal would not be automated infact make a person have to talk to each animal once ever week or else the journal goes into a needs updating status for the listed animal

Just what the game needs more of: More automation!

Honestly, this game is designed to be more rural and less automated. I can see this being a feature if you decide to take the joja branch, but who does that?
I think this mod...
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1063
...is a nice idea.

If the automation-chest would be an extra item, similar to the Junimo chest - maybe also a task revert in the late game - it would be even more awesome!

You know, the journal would be a great idea! It's something that they brought into Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons Games. It give you the basics such as affection, if you milked, or petted them as well as if they ate! It's a great idea to add a little book like that in the barn or coop for the animals in said barn or coop. Maybe on the main tab bar too, but with all the things like the options, inventory and collection tabs; it could get really crowded really fast too.

I like the idea of a journal, not so much a computer, or auto petting. What's the point of the game if you automate it to the point the farm runs itself... What if the automatons decide they don't need the farmer? What if they rise up and kick you off the farm? What if they think you don't pull your weight and your exploiting them... This train of thought could easily go Sci-Fi Horror... :gasp:

Kurachi84

Planter
Farm computer, new item to be able to do that... why not combine?
Like an update disc for the current computer, maybe more discs in the future for other stuff.
These discs would be obtained from quests, making you work for it. Maybe a few years into the game, and not year 1,2 or 3.

I don't get the hate on automation, as you clearly can play without it.
I largely play for the relaxation and some thinking, as i make each farm(on each character) different, so i always find some other ways to play the game.
I'm even planning on making a character(maybe more) with limitations like not using anything that makes the game easier.
Would be much easier if mods could be bound to characters, so i could use that Fallout mod for one character only.
But i use what i want in game, and one is gonna be OP, which will be based on my late father, as i think he deserves a place in SDV, and want him to have a good life there, not too much trouble etc. but others will be having themes, like one based on prehistory, so lots of fossils to find, and putting prehistorical stuff on the farm and such.
I play with what i want, and if i could bind mods to each character, i'd do one with pretty small greenhouse, little cozy etc. while the rest is having some bigger ones.
We have an option to add monsters to our farm from the start, so some characters will have a harder mode by default. And i was planning on spawning items with the Item Spawning mod, to put slimes everywhere, with automated chests, to keep filling the Slime Presses with slimes, so i can early on face red and purple slimes, too.

I get that people want a regular farming life in the game, but one can refuse to use certain easy making things, like computer and such.
Sorry for the offtopic, was just giving my point of view on that part.
I hope my idea of discs is good for this thread.

Quirinea

Farmer
Would be much easier if mods could be bound to characters, so i could use that Fallout mod for one character only.
Hmmm. I'm using (on PC,Linux) a very simple system of arranging mods for different playthroughs (though I usually start a new one and forget to ever try the previous ones): When I start a new game I rename the Mods folder to Mods-Lisa or the like (my previous character was named Lisa), and collect the Mods needed for the new playthrough to a new Mods folder.
If I wish to go back to the other save I just rename the folders again (and notice that umpteen mods have been updated on the way and have a hassle...). There may be some tools to arrange mods, for Windows at least? My system requires several copies of the mods. As SDV is not graphic-heavy this is a small matter.

Hmmm. I'm using (on PC,Linux) a very simple system of arranging mods for different playthroughs (though I usually start a new one and forget to ever try the previous ones): When I start a new game I rename the Mods folder to Mods-Lisa or the like (my previous character was named Lisa), and collect the Mods needed for the new playthrough to a new Mods folder.
If I wish to go back to the other save I just rename the folders again (and notice that umpteen mods have been updated on the way and have a hassle...). There may be some tools to arrange mods, for Windows at least? My system requires several copies of the mods. As SDV is not graphic-heavy this is a small matter.
There are already some suggestions for a mod-management.
I really would like to see this too and I would love to have some good (and maybe tested) mods already shipped with an update. This way starters also could easily handle mods.

Last edited:

boyliker

Sodbuster
there's something like this in a lot of SoS and Harvest Moon games, I specifically remember it being in FOMT for the switch and it's really handy!! It being on the farm computer would be really cool, it doesn't even seem too automated or anything it makes sense for the farmer to keep that information noted =w=