Windows Warp Totem waste when an event is taking place in the target location

goldeng

Greenhorn
Hi everyone,

Been playing Stardew Valley for a VERY long time now, but never registered to the forum until this very moment.

I searched if someone had reported about this but didn't find anything. So I'm posting this to let the developer know. :smile:

I have found that if you use a Warp Totem to teleport to a location that is being set up for a certain event, for example if you try to teleport to the Beach while the festival is being set up at that very day, the game mechanics will behave and look as if the player is being teleported, but after the fade-out and fade-in you realize that you actually remain at the same spot, and the pop-up message "...location is being set up. Come back later." shows up; the same pop-up message that shows up if you try to go to that location on foot.

The problem with this scenario is that you lose the Warp Totem although you didn't teleport. This can be fixed either by not subtracting the warp totem if you tried to teleport to a location that is being set up for an event, or by just showing the pop-up message when you try to use the Warp Totem, in which case the player will not teleport at all which I think would be the best fix.

Thanks for looking into it.