Updated Completionist Variant (2.0)

Last year I have uploaded a mod of a completionist version (Original post) of the boardgame and today I update it with a lot of cool stuff.

This game mode is designed for those seeking a completionist experience, unlike the original game mode, here you'll have 4 years, to achieve perfection by completing all the goals listed at the end of the rule book.

Features:
:letter: More objectives
:dog: New pet bonuses
:heart: New rules on relationship and marriage
:wchicken::sprout: Animal and Crop rebalance
:stardrop: Play with almost every Epic Item
:joja: Harder JOJA
:clock: New balancing

Here it is: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/304728/completionist-mode-variant-by-alexandre-noite-new

Hope you liked it!
 
I´m definitely planning on trying this variant at some point in the near future.
It's really nice to read that, I'm planning to change a few things again soon, if you could wait just a few more days or weeks, because after some more playtesting I noticed a few things that could be better. However if you playtested it as it is, please let me know how it goes.
 
Hi @NextXander !

I updated it today with the following changes:

- Reduced the number of season cards per season 5->4;
- Epic Items are now preset at the beginning (made this change after some bad experience where I got some really cool epic itens when they aren't useful anymore like the galaxy sword when you already finished the mine or Junimo Hut after completed the bundles...);
- Nerfed the hoe and watering can just a bit;
- Increased upgrade cost to starting tools depending on the number of players.
- Removed tool exhaust rule.
- Reworked the recover a friend mechanic (now you could only use the gift of each friend once per year, to prevent some "tier S" friends to be used over and over again and broke the balance of the variant since there's a lot of gifts that happen through the years)
- Removed the extra action of the spouse.
- Added a limit to Gift items/epic items usage.
- Now you gain the Auto-grabber but you roll to gain the animal products instead.
- Mine Map card change at the end of round if players explored at least once.
- Increased the cost of building and animals depending on the number of players as well. (Added a table at the end to help the players to remember as well).
- Updated the variant section

PS.: Forgot to add a QoL change with was starting the game with Spring and Summer Crafts Room Bundle revealed.
 
Top