Unofficial mod updates

Strobe

Planter
Thanks for the reply. As soon as I backed the mod out, my Stardew Loaded and worked fine again.
So while I believe you when you say the mod couldnt do this, I also cant explain why it worked immediately after backing the mod out.

So I just reverted back to the flawed version of ladder locator (as it works fine as long as I set the zoom to the level it wants)... I dont have the log anymore because I removed everything and re-installed the original mod... sorry :( i should have thought about that before I pulled it.

Either way, I dont want to seem unappreciative. Thanks for the time and efforts.
That's fine, can you check the last build I posted? Just a few posts prior to this.

Winterhame

Greenhorn
Skill Prestige Mod (plus addons)

My first attempt at doing an unofficial update of anything. These are the Skill Prestige Mod and its three addons for Cooking, Luck, and Magic skills by Spacechase. Currently, you have to get Luck and Magic off Spacechase's Discord I believe.

If you set the UI scale crazy high, it might render offscreen? I haven't really "updated" it so much as grabbed the latest pull request version, moved up the dependencies and recompiled it. Works for me though, and I figured there might be someone else out there who's tearing their hair out. Unfortunately, I don't have a very recent save to test on, so it might be the case that it loses previous prestige points from 1.4 versions.
Thanks for updating this! I'm currently experiencing what i think is a bug though. It worked great through 2 prestiges, and i have taken each of the beginning level 5 skills for farming, but i am now unable to prestige for the second tier skills. Every time i sleep it does the lvl ten message and has me pick a skill, and then when i try to prestige the next morning i get the need to sleep before prestiging message once more. I haven't gotten high enough yet in any other skills to see if it does it for all skills or only farming.

babykori

Newcomer
If you’re hung up on aesthetics, I’d be happy to help you make your current furniture into a simple Content Pack in the meantime. It won’t be perfect (it will replace the vanilla furniture instead of adding like Custom Furniture does), but it’ll be something. All I’d need from you is the furniture mods you’re currently using, with the pieces you want highlighted.

Just let me know, :).
hi, i know i’m a little late but i’m also interested in converting my custom furniture into a content pack. i’ve been trying to find a tutorial but i can’t, i’m kinda bad at googling things. i don’t mind doing it myself, i just need to learn how. ^^;

nightcrawler

Greenhorn
Is BetterFruitTreets broken? It works fine for me but I've seen people on the forum complain and it's making me wonder if I should remove it from my game.

honorelle

Farmhand
Is BetterFruitTreets broken? It works fine for me but I've seen people on the forum complain and it's making me wonder if I should remove it from my game.
At the moment, if you want to use it on Ginger Island, you have to set "AllowPlacingFruitTreesOutsideFarm" to true - by default its false. Other that that, I'm not having any problems.

elesea

Farmhand
hi, i know i’m a little late but i’m also interested in converting my custom furniture into a content pack. i’ve been trying to find a tutorial but i can’t, i’m kinda bad at googling things. i don’t mind doing it myself, i just need to learn how. ^^;
I'm in the process of doing this for myself and have learned A LOT! I'm extremely happy to help out - you can DM me if you want. I'm not sure how much knowledge you have but as a starting point:

• I'm using GIMP.
  • First grab the Vanilla furniture.png from the game files. You'll find it in the \Content\TileSheets\ folder as a furniture.xnb pack. I can walk you through unpacking a .xnb if you need.
  • Loaded the Vanilla furniture.png into GIMP onto its own Layer.
  • Grab the furniture.png from each of your favourite mods. These will be in the \assets\ folder and tend to mercifully already be in .png format. You'll need to rename them because computer systems don't like it when all the files in a folder have the same name...
  • Load each furniture.png into GIMP:
    • Open your modded furniture.png by choosing "Open as Layers" under the File Tab. It will be opened into its OWN LAYER ABOVE the Vanilla Furniture Sheet and ought to line up exactly.
    • Do this for all modded furniture Tilesheets, creating a Stack of Layered Tilesheets.
  • Each Layer has an "eye" icon so you can turn its visibility on and off, and then you can click on the layer to make it active for cutting and pasting.
    • Go through your layers and CUT OFF any sprites you don't want, until you whittle it down so you have a single sprite per furniture item.
    • You can also get funky and COPY, PASTE and MOVE furniture items about the Tilesheets. When moving things around, I normally create a New Layer for this.
      • This is one of the reasons I keep the Vanilla Layer in place. By turning its visibility on, I can ensure I've positioned things properly on top of the Vanilla positions.
    • In fact as I've progressed, I've found it MUCH EASIER to create Specific Layers for different furniture items. So I have a Beds Layer, a Rugs Layer, a Paintings Layer etc.
      • Then I CUT the Furniture Items I love off my sheets and PASTE them DIRECTLY onto these layers. As time passes everything I love gets moved off the Modded sheets onto these specific sheets. The advantage of working this way is I'm absolutely clear when I'm looking at the Modded sheets that what is left is ONLY items I haven't yet decided on - things I don't want have been cut right off, things I love have been moved to the Specific Layers. Before I was losing track between what I'd decided to keep and what I hadn't processed yet.
      • If you CUT an item from one Layer and IMMEDIATELY select a different layer and PASTE - it will be pasted into the EXACT SAME POSITION on the new Layer! This is extremely useful.
      • Beware of Furniture Shadows when Cutting and Pasting Sprites!!!
      • Also whenever you PASTE you have to ANCHOR the item before you can continue by clicking the anchor icon.
I'd be lying if I said it isn't taking me forever, because I'm merging about 7 different furniture mods, but its weirdly fun. I've tried to be as clear as I can explaining all of this but I know opening the software and using it for the first few sessions can be extremely daunting, so please do DM me if you need extra help. I only check on here every few days but if you send me a message I'll reply as soon as I see it.

Oh one final thing - saving in GIMP saves a GIMP file with all your Layers in place. When you've finally finished, you can Export your project as a .png and it will Merge all your layers together. That's when you need to make sure you have only one sprite per furniture position.

Warmest wishes!

Last edited:

ertila007

Greenhorn
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/444

This mode is really necessary.
Can I update 1.5?
If you have the programming skills necessary for that, yes. Author has already been retired from modding, and this mod is open-source and it is at: