Unofficial mod updates

Zydar C.

Farmhand
Not sure where else to ask this but here goes.

Does anyone know of the modder berkay2578? It's regarding his mod ChestEx. Earlier on December 29 last year, he informed users on Nexus that he is waiting for 1.5 to be fully updated with all the hotfixes in place. I've been getting conflicting accounts that version 1.5.4 released on January 22 is supposed to be the final hotfix, and there won't be any more until the next major update like 1.6.

Just want to check if this is true, that there's not going to be any more hotfixes updates after 1.5.4? If so, is there any way to contact berkay2578, since he seems to have mysteriously disappeared after Dec 29 with no further info/contact. Quite a lot of players are holding off from playing SDV until ChestEx is updated for 1.5. Thanks in advance.

MJA1981

Greenhorn
Please report this to Kelvin Rosa! Pathos just fixed some file names, as he said in the post he didn't create the unofficial update and will not be doing fixes for it.
Ok I shall do that, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.. I was hoping Kevin might see my previous post considering we were talking about the mod he updated... But I'll message them directly anyways. Hope this great mod gets fixed up one way or another. Thanks to everyone who has worked on it thus far.

Edit: I have posted the issue to Kevin, I hope he's able to resolve the issue for us all :)

Last edited:

MJA1981

Greenhorn
Hi i am Kelvin Rosa (kelvinparkour) , i did the BFAV unofficial update to 1.5.
The unofficial update is based on the "mouseypounds" 3.0 update. As some other users mentioned it is working.
Hi Kelvin I've been using this mod now for a while, thanks for updating it... One thing I recently noticed and it took about 100 hours to get there but... I finally got an Ostrich Egg and had it in the incubator for days then the game ever day would say it hatched and ask me to name it. Then it would still be in the incubator and the same thing happens day after day... I then got smart and decided to remove this mod... Having done so the next day my Ostrich hatch as per normal and everything has been working normal since... Thus I think there is a bug in this mod and the way it's dealing with the Ostriches... Could you please look into the issue and resolve should you happen to have the time. Thank you for all you do.

xC0C0A

Tiller
Hi! :) I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to make DaisyNiko's Earthy Recolour compatible for the maps that come with Ridgeside Valley?

Lma574

Tiller
@Eilonwy74 here is Ladder Locator. Let me know if it works for you
Hi @Strobe ,

Using this mod makes stardew unloadable for me so I had to go back to the broken version of ladder locator. It gives the attached Steam error. Could this be because I also use 'mod update menu' mod which tracks current versioning and link locations for updates in nexus mods? If so, can you load this to nexus mods as I'd REALLY love to have a working ladder locator.

Thank you kindly!
LOUIS

Steam Error Ladder Locator.png

KickAshe

Farmhand
Second this! I been trying to get it to work for a week and it just wont. I was told if you drop down to an older version of SMAPI it would work but that didnt seem to do anything. This is one of my favorite maps. I think its just that the tileset has to be put in a certain order or something. I posted the SMAPI error on the previous page.

Hello there! I was wondering if anyone could please update this mod? Its last update was Feb. 2020 and the author said it's fine by them for others to update it. Many thanks.

A Greener Standard Farm Map

Strobe

Planter
Hi @Strobe ,

Using this mod makes stardew unloadable for me so I had to go back to the broken version of ladder locator. It gives the attached Steam error. Could this be because I also use 'mod update menu' mod which tracks current versioning and link locations for updates in nexus mods? If so, can you load this to nexus mods as I'd REALLY love to have a working ladder locator.

Thank you kindly!
LOUIS

View attachment 3815
Hey, I'm sorry this is happening to you, this seems unlikely to be caused by a mod but can you give me a log just in case? https://smapi.io/log I need to investigate further since it hasn't happened to me yet.

P.S. Have you tried restarting your pc?

Edit: I've spoken to a few other modders, it seems unlikely that this was caused by a mod. At the very least a mod that is as simple as this one. Try using the Task Manager/Activity Monitor to close the SDV process.

Last edited:

Lma574

Tiller
Hey, I'm sorry this is happening to you, this seems unlikely to be caused by a mod but can you give me a log just in case? https://smapi.io/log I need to investigate further since it hasn't happened to me yet.

P.S. Have you tried restarting your pc?

Edit: I've spoken to a few other modders, it seems unlikely that this was caused by a mod. At the very least a mod that is as simple as this one. Try using the Task Manager/Activity Monitor to close the SDV process.
Thanks for the reply. As soon as I backed the mod out, my Stardew Loaded and worked fine again.
So while I believe you when you say the mod couldnt do this, I also cant explain why it worked immediately after backing the mod out.

So I just reverted back to the flawed version of ladder locator (as it works fine as long as I set the zoom to the level it wants)... I dont have the log anymore because I removed everything and re-installed the original mod... sorry :( i should have thought about that before I pulled it.

Either way, I dont want to seem unappreciative. Thanks for the time and efforts.

Lully

Farmhand
Thanks! Here's the same update, but with a corrected version to fix update alerts.

Notes:
  • The unofficial updates changed the default key to K.
  • I didn't create this unofficial update! See the quoted post if you have any issues with it.

Hey! Would you know how could I fix the bubbles when I opt to zoom out my game to 75%? =( thank you in advance <3