Unofficial mod updates

I hope this can be helpful and I'd like to get your feedback, I plan on updating the mod to gather the new items and work better with the Islands, but for now, this will be functional.
Downloaded it and attempted to use Vortex to install it. Drag and dropped it in, clicked install.... Says it can't install because "Empty archive or no options selected"

Help?

cat9412

Farmhand
Downloaded it and attempted to use Vortex to install it. Drag and dropped it in, clicked install.... Says it can't install because "Empty archive or no options selected"

Help?
I think you need to install it manually because the RAR doesn't have a folder, just the files. You can create a folder in your Mods folder and just move the files from the RAR into it

astronug

Newcomer
Not sure if anyone's said it yet, but could someone please update Custom Furniture?? My houses are so ugly v_v

Basil-oz

Greenhorn
Same! I have so much custom furniture ingame as well :( Good thing I haven't updated CP and smapi yet, but updating is inevitable :(
LOL. I'm doing the same. Holding off on the SMAPI update to keep enjoying the furniture. Gotta do the update sometime though. I guess I'm just holding my virtual breath in the hope that mod breaks will go away!

"Come on Baz... rip the band-aid off and stop being a woos!!"

Quintin

Tiller
I got to thinking about this. Seems with the given fix to make it at least partially compatible with 1.5, the only way to complete the open/close action is to basically remember to right-click at the time specified in the config file for the doors to open or close. If you don't, then nothing happens.

Would it be possible instead to have a custom notification come up, or a "mission/quest" alert, present at the appropriate time? The player could then click a button to "approve" the doors opening/closing.

It's not ideal, but at least it wouldn't require that the player remember when they wanted the doors to open or close and to remember to hold the right mouse button at that time. Alternatively, maybe the notice at the bottom left of the screen could come up just before the specified time, to serve as a reminder rather than a confirmation.
I fixed all the functions of the mod and can now be used normally.

Quintin

Tiller
I play with very few mods- Automate, Lookup Anything, aaaaand was using AutoAnimalDoors. So am just wondering if this new version of AutoAnimalDoors can't be 'automatic' anymore, how can it be automatic in Joys of Efficiency?

I looked at Joys of Efficiency and it does look neat, but way too many features than I'd be comfortable using. I'd use the animal doors, and maybe that auto gate ;) My question though- does it cause any lag at all? If I disable all of the features I'm not wanting and just use the one or two I need that's cool, but don't want any lag.
I fixed all the functions of the mod and can now be used normally.
http://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/unofficial-mod-updates.2096/post-25385

LadyMuse15

Greenhorn
It is possible, however, I am not sure if it would be interesting for most players. It would create the need for more setup that most people probably won't be using. It would require changes to the configuration files scheme (making it incompatible with current configs) and also require players to set up a second grabber location, and maybe more settings to adjust this second grabber.
Just a bit of food for thought, initially I used a different auto-grabber mod that allowed you to click on the auto-grabber and modify what you want the individual grabber to do by turning options various options on and off instead of having to edit the config file. I don't know if that's an option, but it was handy.

I know it was asked before but does anyone knows if we get an update to the Custom Furniture mod? or maybe an unofficial update?
Platonymous is very active on Nexus and Discord so presumably he's still working on it. The 1.5 update changed a number of things relating to furniture, and real life can get in the way as well, so it might take a bit of time, but there's no need for someone to take over updating it.

GamerDel19

Greenhorn
Hey yall! I was wondering if anyone had any interest in updating the NPC Adventures mod? The creator dropped it, understandably since it sounds like updating it would be a huge time sink, but maybe someone else wants to tackle it?

sameer

Newcomer
Hello! Could you update Pelican Fiber please? It's extremely handy but unfortunately the latest patch broke it :(
I know there's an alternative (Shop Anywhere), but it also needs an update and it's apparently missing some stuff from PF (like buying recipes)
I second this. I hope someone would look into Pelican Fiber. The alternative is not nearly as good and isn't getting an update either.

Last edited: