Unofficial mod updates

XiNaaru

Tiller
I don't think the author is active these days, but Better Crafting is another basic QOL mod I'd love an update for. Especially since some other mods that do have updates (unofficially or not) want to hook into it, like Better Chests (being actively worked on/fixed) and Convenient Chests (got a recent unofficial update!) - when using their 'craft from nearby chests' feature

well better chests works. i use it already but better crafting i want too xd

Thanks for the log! Just released a fix for this in 1.6.1-unofficial; mind trying it out?

Also got reports that zoom levels aren't working -- I'm looking into that now :)

The main part of the mod works, but when the zoom levels are not the same, the visual for the buttons move away from the chest however the button locations still work if you click on them, also if the zoom level is less than 100% the categorize UI ends up behind the chest UI (As seen below in Image1). If the UI scale is not 100% there is a second 'ghost cursor' that appears (As seen below in Image2). If both zoom levels are the same but not 100% it is just the categorize UI behind the chest UI.

Either way there is nothing in the SMAPI console, but I hope the explanation and pictures can help. Thank you for trying to get this mod working as it used to.

Image1
ConvenientChests.png

Image2
ConvenientChests2.png

Lenora Rose

Farmer
A huge thanks to everyone working so hard to update the mods!!

I'm also hoping for an update to Adopt n' Skin! I'd try to look into how it could be done, but I'm honestly not sure where to even start. :(

My understanding is that the base game now has ways to add the skins for barn/coop animals that are very similar to A&S, meaning you can probably transfer the sprites over, and adopt more than one pet.

ToxcsmWolf

Greenhorn
Updated SkillPrestige. Tested in a little (1 day with my testing char). Single-player works, no idea about split screen or network play. Adapters for cooking/magic/luck: build works, but their respective mods are rejected by SMAPI, for now there's no reason to post updated versions.

Edit: PR link https://github.com/Alphablackwolf/SkillPrestige/pull/22
It has the same Problem as my try. with Zooming the button and the clickable area drift apart.
But otherweise, mine got more grapphical bugs, im sure because of all the try and error.
1711234429255.png

millsj13

Sodbuster
I updated the JoysOfEfficiency (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2162) to 1.6.

Things that WORK in this version:

AutoFisher, Auto Water Nearby Crops, Auto Pet Nearby Animals, Auto Eat, Auto Harvest, Auto Destroy Dead Crops, Auto Collect Collectibles, Auto Dig Artifact Spot, Show Shipping Price, Auto Loot Treasures, Auto Pick Up Trash.

If not in the list above then does not work in game even with the configs still on, if the mod author does not updates I will try to fix the rest in the near future.

Only tested in PC/Windows, if it is bugged and does not break or crash the game I will only be fixing with the addition of the rest of the features.

Enjoy.

EDIT: PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF YOUR SAVE, FIRST TIME MODDING IDK
edit2: the branch that I use is this one by Hackswell: https://github.com/Hackswell/JoysOfEfficiency
edit3: updated was not loading
Thank you oh so much....

goingcrazy

Farmhand
Thanks to everyone for all their hard work getting updates done. It's absolutely amazing how fast this was all accomplished. Even some of the smaller (less popular) mods I thought would be gone forever have been updated. However, I am still looking for an update for aedenthorn's Better Elevator. It's one of the last 2 mods I use that hasn't been updated. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Bestsoup

Greenhorn
Literally made an account just to ask this, but out of curiosity, is anyone planning on updating immersive characters - Shane? it's probably my favorite mod but I'm pretty sure the creator is done with it, and I've experienced some bugs with it as is. Thanks in advance !

Hirayuki

Tiller
My programmer husband has updated Aedenthorn's Enhanced Loot Magnet to work with 1.6. (I thought this would be the easiest of the mods still on my list...I was wrong.)

SMAPI gives a warning for it using code that will be deprecated in a new release of Generic Mod Config Menu, but otherwise it's been tested (a little, anyway) and works as intended/desired. I don't know how or if this should be put up on Nexus, but for now: enjoy!

Attachments

Solovei

Greenhorn
First of all, one million kudos to all the folks updating mods! (Sadly I am familiar with the wrong kinds of programming languages to help out)

I don't think I've seen this mentioned here yet, but I thought I'd post one of my favourite mods here just in case someone wants to give it a try given aedenthorn's retirement from modding:
Like A Duck To Water

goingcrazy

Farmhand
First of all, one million kudos to all the folks updating mods! (Sadly I am familiar with the wrong kinds of programming languages to help out)

I don't think I've seen this mentioned here yet, but I thought I'd post one of my favourite mods here just in case someone wants to give it a try given aedenthorn's retirement from modding:
Like A Duck To Water
I thought this mod would be fun one to have. I was waiting for 1.6 before installing it, so I missed out.

Noblefox27

Greenhorn
Literally made an account just to ask this, but out of curiosity, is anyone planning on updating immersive characters - Shane? it's probably my favorite mod but I'm pretty sure the creator is done with it, and I've experienced some bugs with it as is. Thanks in advance !
there are dozens of us (hoping for this). DOZENS! Hopefully sometime it can get looked at, but I'm just grateful it works at all for now.

But yes, same, hopefully it can get updated properly sometime!

MasterMatoyas

Newcomer
Also made an account to ask this, but is there an unofficial conversion of Get Glam Hosiery to Fashion Sense? Got the zipped Get Glam version here. Legitimately devastated to have lost it with the new update :cry:

I'm using GH's Peach Body type as a semi-replacement at the moment, but it doesn't play nice with Fashion Sense.

Attachments

Leikaa

Greenhorn
Hi! Thank you everyone working on updating their mods and everyone who are updating mods that have been abandoned!
Does anyone know if Gervig91's animated mods still work? and if not will they be updated?