Unofficial mod updates

I managed to fix Wind Effects on my own in the meantime (well, with some kind help of Mizzion).

Changes:
- Wind effects now only active if outdoors (no wind in the greenhouse, dungeons etc)
- Built against .NET 5.0 with x64 support
- Based on v1.03-unofficial.1-strobe (guaranteed to work with latest SDV v1.5.6)

The attached file contains the following:
- Source
- x86 and x64 versions (use what you prefer)
Can you make a option to disable wind effects on trees?

CryptidClio

Newcomer
Unofficial update for Badass Sam by Apogirl02

Changes:
Added new beach sprites and beach portraits as well as 2 missing portraits for the regular Sam file and made it CP compatible.
Has both pink and blonde version in it, blonde is the default. More in read me file inside on how to use pink.

Original mod:
Badass Sam (compiled mods Sam Great hair and Alternative Sam) at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community

mods that this mod uses
Sam and the Great Haircut (Portrait and Character mod) at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community
Alternative Sam at Stardew Valley Nexus - Mods and community

Permission acquired through reddit.
Any chance of this mod getting combined with this: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/5036 or the slightly cuter aesthetic mod?
The one i posted only has the pink haired Sam, and its missing a portrait ;-;
I know Sam isn't the most beloved bachelor but everyone in Pelican Town has multiple outfits and my poor husband is wandering around in the same clothes from Spring 1, Year 1 :skull:

Brimbane

Farmhand
Updated Wind Effects once more, again with the kind and fast help of Mizzion (that guy is amazing).

New feature:
- Allow turning off shaking of bushes, crops, grass and/or trees individually (all turned on [= true] by default)

Still included (from my previous update):
- No wind when indoors
- Based on v1.03-unofficial.1-strobe (SDV v1.5.6 compatible)

Because it came up on Nexus:
I restructured the zipfile to prevent Vortex users from copying everything into the mod folder without choosing first. 64bit release is now the default, with zipped source and x86 DLLs residing in a subdir called "bonus" (which you can delete afterwards if you don't need it).

(I might still consider Generic Mod Config Menu integration in case I figure out how to do it, but then I think this is definitely done.)

Attachments

Last edited:
Updated Wind Effects once more, again with the kind and fast help of Mizzion (that guy is amazing).

New feature:
- Allow turning off shaking of bushes, grass, hoe dirt and/or trees individually (all turned on [= true] by default)

Still included (from my previous update):
- No wind when indoors

(I might still consider Generic Mod Config Menu integration in case I figure out how to do it, but then I think this is definitely done.)
It's perfect, thank you so much for the time and work you put on this! :heart:

honorelle

Farmhand
Any chance of this mod getting combined with this: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/5036 or the slightly cuter aesthetic mod?
The one i posted only has the pink haired Sam, and its missing a portrait ;-;
I know Sam isn't the most beloved bachelor but everyone in Pelican Town has multiple outfits and my poor husband is wandering around in the same clothes from Spring 1, Year 1 :skull:
It's not quite the same pink haired Sam, but its inspired by Badass Sam. Diverse Stardew Valley has an additional Pack with pink-haired Punk Sam pack that has seasonal outfits and its standalone not part of the rest of DSV. Face image here if you want to look before download, https://diversestardewvalley.weebly.com/additional-packs.html
and download here by clicking "see all versions" to examine his sprite sheets. https://www.moddrop.com/stardew-val...am-vincent-jodi-and-kent-dsv-seasonal-outfits

godeyes

Farmhand
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but i just wanted to ask - is it better to use Content Patcher or Custom Furniture for adding new objects?

afaik one replaces vanilla furniture/items with the new textures, and the other makes the new textures as separate items alongside vanilla objects - im unsure which is the preferred/most stable option?

for example: I have the folders for Yellog's furniture in both CP + CF (not in the Mods folder at the same time aha)

the CP one reskins the beds/crib the way i want, but seems to be broken in some aspects:
-rotating the items sometimes breaks them back to vanilla sprites
-rotating turns them into different objects (that might be intentional tho..)
-some items are "split" between two objects
All the items (afaik) show up in the furniture catalogue
Im not sure if some of this is the items being 'numbered' wrong in the .json file (im rly not sure how this works, but i assume furniture is set to dimensions via the .json"

I've put the CF Yellog folder in the Custom Furniture folder, where it says "none_cp_packs_go_here" and none of the Yellog furniture shows up in the catalogue or changes the vanilla textures.
However, putting the CF pack just in the Mods folder works perfectly - both vanilla + Yellog's furniture show up in the catalogue!

There are also difference between the items available in either pack (such as dividers, lights, etc) + their functionality (with CF the TV's dont work, but with CP they do)
is there a way to consolidate the two packs, or to make it so they both work at the same time?

ty in advance for any advice or help!

Minxiion

Newcomer
does anyone know a better way to download the Sebatian Abigail and Farmer Polyamore Events?
the one at nexusmods doesn't seem to work for me.

please and thank you

Has anyone figured out the chicken issue with BFAV yet? All my chickens are just white chickens, and my dinos are white chickens too for some reason.

Also if possible can anyone work the Save Anywhere mod to be compatible with SVE?

Brimbane

Farmhand
One more Wind Effects mod update, but this time hopefully the final one. As promised, I have figured out the mysteries of GMCM coding and implemented it for your convenience, so manual meddling with the config file is no longer required (for GMCM users).

In the new GMCM menu, you'll find a slider for "Windy Day Chance" which can be set to anything between 0 and 1 (0.1 intervals) and four simple toggles for shaking objects. Leaving your current game session is not required, changes are applied immediately (even though "Windy Day Chance" will only kick in once a new day is started).

Changelog:
- Generic Mod Config Menu integration (with translation support; EN and DE available)

Also included from my previous updates:
- Turn off shaking bushes, crops, grass and/or trees individually
- No wind when indoors

(Note: Source and x86 version can be found as zipfiles inside of the "bonus" dir of the "WindEffects" mod folder.)

Attachments

Last edited:

chye

Cowpoke
Hello! Came across this post which asks general questions and requests for Yellog’s MODs. I’m looking for YELLOG’S WALLS AND FLOORS. I was hoping if anyone in this forum has a copy of the file since it is no longer available on Nexus and anywhere else. If anyone is looking for Yellog’s Furnitures, I have a copy of the files.

Thank you so much to anyone who is willing to help me!

ArisaCliche23

Newcomer
Hi! Would anyone be willing or able to update the Monster Valley mod? It's been abandoned and hasn't updated since 2018. It hasn't been converted for 1.5 and there are a few glitches in the mod, like a lack of a sleeping sprite for spouses, missing beach sprites, and any monster options for children (<---I think this would be really hard for actual sprites, so if anyone instead has ideas on how I could get close with customization, I'm all ears!).

I think this would be a slightly bigger task, so no worries if no one can right now. It's a really cool mod tho so I hope someone picks it up eventually!

suelola

Newcomer
Hello! Came across this post which asks general questions and requests for Yellog’s MODs. I’m looking for YELLOG’S WALLS AND FLOORS. I was hoping if anyone in this forum has a copy of the file since it is no longer available on Nexus and anywhere else. If anyone is looking for Yellog’s Furnitures, I have a copy of the files.

Thank you so much to anyone who is willing to help me!
I'm looking for Yellog's Furnitures. Can u attach files