mare
Sodbuster
Summary
During the Desert Festival, I started hearing a strange, repeated banging/clanging sound that did not seem to be connected to any specific action, location, enemy, or object.
While the sound was occurring, I also encountered an issue where a Marlon quest appeared to complete normally, including the usual quest completion sound, but then disappeared before I could turn it in.
Interestingly, the strange sound also stopped after the quest disappeared. I do not know whether these two issues are related, but I wanted to report the timing because it may be useful for investigation.
Steps / Timeline
Spring 16 — Desert Festival, Day 2
I first noticed a strange sound during the festival:
“CLANG! CLANG-CLANG! CLANG!”
At first, I thought it might simply be part of the festival atmosphere. However, the sound continued even after I returned to my farm and went inside my house.
I even wondered if I was experiencing ringing in my ears because the sound was so persistent.
I went to sleep in-game.
Spring 17 — Desert Festival, Day 3
At around 6:30 AM, I started recording my gameplay because I wanted to confirm whether the sound was actually coming from the game.
It was.
The sound continued throughout the day and did not appear to be associated with any particular action.
At around 10:20 AM, I arrived at the Desert Festival and continued recording. I then spoke to Marlon and accepted his quest:
“Collect 12 Omni Geodes in the Skull Cavern.”
While I was completing the quest, the strange sound continued to occur inside the Skull Cavern.
I heard it while:
Quest completion
I collected all 12 Omni Geodes.
The normal quest completion sound played as expected.
However, something was wrong with the quest state afterward.
Normally, I would expect the quest notification icon (!) to remain available so I could check my active quest and see that I needed to speak to Marlon.
Instead, the ! disappeared completely.
The quest also disappeared from my quest list. At the time, Marlon’s quest was the only quest I had active, so I expected to see “Treasure Hunt” there.
I then went to Marlon.
Instead of completing the quest and giving me the reward, Marlon behaved as though I had not completed a quest at all and allowed me to select a new quest again.
I took screenshots of the missing ! at around 7:10 PM on Spring 17, as well as screenshots of the two new quests that appeared afterward.
The strange sound also disappeared
After the Marlon quest had disappeared/reset, I noticed that the strange repeated banging sound was gone as well.
I cannot say that the two issues are definitely related, but the timing seemed unusual enough that I wanted to document it.
Previous Marlon quest issue
I have previously reported an issue involving a Marlon quest disappearing/resetting.
However, that previous incident had a possible different circumstance: I received a phone call while playing, which may have caused the game to go into the background.
This time, there was no phone call and no backgrounding of the game.
The quest disappeared even though I remained in the game and completed the quest normally.
Because of this, I believe this occurrence may be useful as a separate example of the same or a related issue.
Evidence
I have:
I also have no idea what is causing the repeated banging sound. It occurred in multiple locations and during multiple unrelated actions, and then disappeared after the Marlon quest disappeared/reset.
I hope the recordings can help determine whether these two issues are connected.
YouTube Video 
Game version: 1.6.15.1
Build: 25156
Device: iPhone 17
iOS: 26.6.2
Language: Japanese
Single player, no mods
During the Desert Festival, I started hearing a strange, repeated banging/clanging sound that did not seem to be connected to any specific action, location, enemy, or object.
While the sound was occurring, I also encountered an issue where a Marlon quest appeared to complete normally, including the usual quest completion sound, but then disappeared before I could turn it in.
Interestingly, the strange sound also stopped after the quest disappeared. I do not know whether these two issues are related, but I wanted to report the timing because it may be useful for investigation.
Steps / Timeline
Spring 16 — Desert Festival, Day 2
I first noticed a strange sound during the festival:
“CLANG! CLANG-CLANG! CLANG!”
At first, I thought it might simply be part of the festival atmosphere. However, the sound continued even after I returned to my farm and went inside my house.
I even wondered if I was experiencing ringing in my ears because the sound was so persistent.
I went to sleep in-game.
Spring 17 — Desert Festival, Day 3
At around 6:30 AM, I started recording my gameplay because I wanted to confirm whether the sound was actually coming from the game.
It was.
The sound continued throughout the day and did not appear to be associated with any particular action.
At around 10:20 AM, I arrived at the Desert Festival and continued recording. I then spoke to Marlon and accepted his quest:
“Collect 12 Omni Geodes in the Skull Cavern.”
While I was completing the quest, the strange sound continued to occur inside the Skull Cavern.
I heard it while:
- breaking rocks with the Pickaxe
- fighting enemies with the Galaxy Sword
- moving around the cave
- performing other unrelated actions
Quest completion
I collected all 12 Omni Geodes.
The normal quest completion sound played as expected.
However, something was wrong with the quest state afterward.
Normally, I would expect the quest notification icon (!) to remain available so I could check my active quest and see that I needed to speak to Marlon.
Instead, the ! disappeared completely.
The quest also disappeared from my quest list. At the time, Marlon’s quest was the only quest I had active, so I expected to see “Treasure Hunt” there.
I then went to Marlon.
Instead of completing the quest and giving me the reward, Marlon behaved as though I had not completed a quest at all and allowed me to select a new quest again.
I took screenshots of the missing ! at around 7:10 PM on Spring 17, as well as screenshots of the two new quests that appeared afterward.
The strange sound also disappeared
After the Marlon quest had disappeared/reset, I noticed that the strange repeated banging sound was gone as well.
I cannot say that the two issues are definitely related, but the timing seemed unusual enough that I wanted to document it.
Previous Marlon quest issue
I have previously reported an issue involving a Marlon quest disappearing/resetting.
However, that previous incident had a possible different circumstance: I received a phone call while playing, which may have caused the game to go into the background.
This time, there was no phone call and no backgrounding of the game.
The quest disappeared even though I remained in the game and completed the quest normally.
Because of this, I believe this occurrence may be useful as a separate example of the same or a related issue.
Evidence
I have:
- video recordings showing the strange repeated sound
- video showing the gameplay leading up to and during the Marlon quest
- a screenshot from Spring 17 at approximately 7:10 PM showing that the ! quest icon had disappeared
- screenshots showing the new quests that Marlon offered afterward
I also have no idea what is causing the repeated banging sound. It occurred in multiple locations and during multiple unrelated actions, and then disappeared after the Marlon quest disappeared/reset.
I hope the recordings can help determine whether these two issues are connected.
YouTube Video 
Game version: 1.6.15.1
Build: 25156
Device: iPhone 17
iOS: 26.6.2
Language: Japanese
Single player, no mods


