Windows Unable to play Co-op on PC - No invite code available

maccaman8

Greenhorn
A friend and I are have been playing coop for about a week now. We log in tonight to play and both of us have no invite code button available.

When I host there is no invite code and he has no where to add it in.

We've tried:
-Changing steam names
-Deleting startup preferences
-Reinstalling the game
-Restarting the game about 50 times
-Restarting the computer.

Yes steam is open for both of us, can see steam friends whilst on stardew but no way to do it.

tiredlinde

Newcomer
Hi, same here. It worked fine for about 2hrs and then kicked out my wife about 20 minutes ago. For both of us the "enter friend code" option isn't showing up anymore. Also clicking on the coop button in the main menu brings up the "connecting to online services" dialogue which stays there for a solid 30 seconds. It makes me think something with steam is not really working, but idk.

We tried the same as you. Steam is open and we're connected to the internet. Whenever I host a game there's also no invite code the game just says that I'm hosting a multiplayer game.

jdauray

Cowpoke
Same problem here.

Tried resetting network.
Tried flushing DNS settings
Tried removing SMAPI and the two mods we were using

Nothing works
Working just fine last night
Worked just fine for the past few works

Samko

Newcomer
Yup same problem here. Just says connecting to online services. Guessing the servers are down?

rehvid

Greenhorn
Hello, i had the same problem. I've resolved that problem. My girlfriend connected via `IP` to my hosted farm. I had to open CMD as admin, then type `ipconfig`, then i copied `IPv4 Address` to her. She've joined successfully.

jdauray

Cowpoke
Hello, i had the same problem. I've resolved that problem. My girlfriend connected via `IP` to my hosted farm. I had to open CMD as admin, then type `ipconfig`, then i copied `IPv4 Address` to her. She've joined successfully.
how do you copy the address to them?

Jufemia

Greenhorn
Same too.
It worked yesterday, but today nor me or my boyfriend can host co-op or join it. We thought it has something to do with mods, but even vanilla doesnt work:sweat:

Methodika

Greenhorn
Jesus...
the game does not allow you to run online functions... I can't play with my wife... Everything worked yesterday...
I just can't, it's unbearable, this game is my last joy in this life... Help!!!

zote

Greenhorn
Can you explain how you solved the problem? Me and my cousin have the same problem too...

rehvid

Greenhorn
Ok, i mean she had to be in game, then she chose `coop`, then she clicked `Join to game LAN`, and she typed my IPv4 Address.

zote

Greenhorn
Ok, i mean she had to be in game, then she chose `coop`, then she clicked `Join to game LAN`, and she typed my IPv4 Address.
Do you both use the same wi-fi or not? Because i tried that way but it doesn't work for us.

MrLittleDuck

Newcomer
Same problem, can I go out on a limb here? Is everyone who is having this problem:

A) on windows 11
B) recently received an update INCLUDING co-pilot?

Windows may have changed something on the backend, which stardew valley may have been using to connect. Co-Pilot probably isn't messing this up, but I'm using it as a marker to check if people have had the update.

Jufemia

Greenhorn
Same problem, can I go out on a limb here? Is everyone who is having this problem:

A) on windows 11

Windows may have changed something on the backend, which stardew valley may have been using to connect. Co-Pilot probably isn't messing this up, but I'm using it as a marker to check if people have had the update.
I am on windows 11 and recently installed an update (not sure what co-pilot means and if it was included). This update broke a bunch of things, took me at least 7 hours to get everything back to normal state...

However, coop was working even after update up until today

Methodika

Greenhorn

A) on windows 11

I'm sitting on 10 without updates...

olsolsols

Newcomer
I am also having this issue - no option to join a multiplayer game either in Steam or outside of Steam. I've not recently done an update. The multiplayer join code doesn't come up as it once did